Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

​*WARNING! Yet more horrible 'L'pool Propaganda' alert for the intolerably sensitive among us out there*

I won't dwell, but unless this man has been at your club you just never will understand the infectious, unwavering belief and excitement he brings.

Have yer Pep's, yer Simeone's and your (not so) 'Special One.' We have the best of the lot for us.

Seriously, this is like a call out post.  You want to talk about your team, whatever.  But, you specifically call those out that have commented about love affair with your new coach.  A reasonable person would have just said we have a great coach and posted the video.

But no, you target those that have posted alternative views to your blind following.

"unless this man has been at your club" - Because he is the greatest manager on the planet.  It must have been Liverpool and not Barca that just won the club world cup.  Clearly, this 46th ranking, http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/, is just plain incorrect.  Klopp would not stand for that.

You basically have spoiled Klopp for the non Liverpool fans.  I like Klopp and was looking forward to seeing him build a quality side in the BPL.

At least you used the word propaganda correctly in your post above.  I am going to have to go to counseling to recover and be able watch Liverpool again in the future.

• Like 1

Seriously, this is like a call out post.  You want to talk about your team, whatever.  But, you specifically call those out that have commented about love affair with your new coach......

*Point out Fred. Not 'call out.' 

Pointing out (and mocking. Add that to my crimes) your ridiculousness. (And continued selective standards.). 

Hail. 

Leeds standing up to Sky TV. If only other clubs would follow suit.

Statement from their website..

Leeds United have reluctantly allowed Sky cameras into Elland Road to broadcast tonight's fixture against Derby County.

Leeds United have noted that the majority of press reports on the matter have quite rightly appreciated that the club's issues with the Football League relate in part to the entirely disproportionate number of times Sky have selected the club for live transmission.

It is not just the number of times the club has been selected, but the fact the adjoining fixtures are also then disrupted which adversely affects the players, the club's logistical arrangements and the fans' arrangements. It is clear to the club that its key supporters, the Season Ticket holders, have also had enough of this constant alteration, often at short notice, to the fixture list to accommodate Sky.

Leeds United were required to play Wolverhampton Wanderers on Thursday December 17 followed by Preston North End at home on Sunday December 20, followed by Nottingham Forest on Sunday evening and then Derby County tonight .

Recent good results have been achieved despite the alterations to the fixture list, but at great cost to the players' fitness and a substantial injury list .The festive plans of supporters have also been entirely ruined by Sky's live TV selections .

The league, despite the club having challenged them through the appropriate legal routes, continue to try and alter our schedule by insisting fixtures are changed to suit Sky, including Brighton & Hove Albion away from a Saturday to a Monday in February.

Given Sky are to show 92 live games this season, a fair allocation would be four home games per club - so the selection by Sky is clearly unfair and the league are allowing this .

The Football League regulations are supposed to be there to protect the integrity of the sporting competitionicon1.png, not to be used as a stick to beat the club on behalf of Sky.

Leeds United Season Ticket holders have had enough of these fixture changes, the players and staff have had enough, and Leeds United Football Clubicon1.png has had enough .

It is to be noted that the League threaten a disrepute charge against the club. It is the League who are bringing their own competition into disrepute by unfairly prejudicing Leeds (and certain other clubs) by allowing Sky to unfairly disrupt Leeds United for their own commercialicon1.png purposes.

Edited by Morrison J

Old school.

Speaking of such, I watched Fever Pitch on Netflix last night. The version that was a little truer to Nick Hornby's obsession with Arsenal and not the Redsox baseball nonsense of the American version. Elessar might learn some history about the club he supports, especially if he reads the book

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 1

Old school.

Speaking of such, I watched Fever Pitch on Netflix last night. The version that was a little truer to Nick Hornby's obsession with Arsenal and not the Redsox baseball nonsense of the American version. Elessar might learn some history about the club he supports, especially if he reads the book

In a way their history started when I started paying attention. Steve Bould is an assistant. Martin Keown is a talking head. 

I read a few chapters of Fever Pitch about ten years ago then stopped. 

When I was a kid, I read the history of the Washington Redskins, didn't affect my enjoyment of the games I watched one bit. Sports and teams are in the here and now for me. It's fun to think about the 87 or 91 Redskins or The Invincibles but they don't have jack to do with the outcome of any game in the next 7 days. 

Nick Hornby's treatise on obssessive fandom isn't me. It's a form of entertainment, like watching TV or a movie or listening to a song. My identity isn't wrapped up in who I prefer to watch. 

I find it quaint when "adults" call into radio shows and be fired up about people deflating footballs or read about "journalists" trying to attach societal significance to something some guy who can run fast/jump high did or didn't do. 

It's just a game. It's fun to watch for the 90 odd minutes every few days. Heck, I forgot Arsenal had a match yesterday. 

Yeah, so I apologize if I don't get riled up at my lack of "fandom". I'll probably support Arsenal only until Wenger retires and I'll see what the next guy has to offer. But really up until, maybe, the 2000s I just watched soccer for soccer. Watched Barca, Real, Milan—whatever was on TV. I stopped supporting the Redskins after a decade plus of incompetent ownership—but strangely I enjoy the people here on ES too much. 

Impressed that Leicester takes a point away from today.

Yup, all credit to them for their first half of the season. They aren't going away are they? Still honestly can't see them holding onto a top 4 slot, but hey, with this league this season, who knows? L'pool beat Sunderland tomorrow night, and you've 9 points separating the top 7. 

This league is literally ANYONES for the taking if someone has the big ones to grab it and put together a 6/7/8 consecutive win run. 

Honestly wouldn't like to call it at all. 

Hail. 

This league is literally ANYONES for the taking if someone has the big ones to grab it and put together a 6/7/8 consecutive win run. 

Well, not quite 'Anyones'.  Yes, you know who you are (da da daaa da, we live by the sea, in a quaint little town, laa daa dii daa).

I feel like I need to start a feud with the Leeds supporters to keep pace in here.

Please feel free to attack Bayern Munich at any time.  We have thick skin (unlike others here, we don't take it personally), and you have just as much going for you as the other guys here who can't get Munich out of their minds. :D

Edited by btfoom

And so it continues to flow .....

Hail. 

Yes, just like "IT" continues to flow from your computer.  And of course, "IT" flows down, right into the cesspool that is that sea-side town, right on the Irish Sea.

The funny part is that you CAN'T get Bayern out of your mind, just like the hot girl that spurned you in High School, oh those many decades ago, so you just look at your wart faced wife (Pool, just so you get the joke - know you folks there in that part of England are a tad bit slow), your 11 kids who take the short bus (the players, again to explain joke to you), and the guys at work who tell you fetch coffee - heard you make a mean brew, and do little else -and have you make copies of the necessary papers (the rest of the league).

It's just too easy with your lot.

ps.  Just one more question for you (and to make sure, I've included the answer):

Q: What is the difference between Liverpool and a cup of tea?

"Hmmmm, what is the difference between Liverpool and a cup of tea?"

Hmmmmmmmmm

"I don't know, what is the difference between Liverpool and a cup of tea?"

A: The tea stays in the cup longer! 

Edited by btfoom

I ****ing love it. My knowledge is still limited so I feel like I can only banter so much but thankfully I have BTFoom lol.

I don't know if Arsenal can do it. Playing well, but the schedule until April is brutal (and it's not even January). Very little reprieve.

The league is ours to win. It's on the players to grab it. Simple as that. City without Kompany isnt City and he still isn't close to getting healthy.

The away fixtures are tough but to be champions, you have to step up.

I'm not necessarily sure we'll do it BUT it's ours for the taking after we smoked City. Fingers crossed.

Nevermind, what am I saying? Liverpool is gonna win the league because...um...um...they won it once in the 80s according to YouTube. Oh and GHH told me that Klopp is a genius...

(That sounds eerily similar to a newly jobless fat guy in Philly doesn't it?)

Oh and remember when this thread told me Coutinho was better than Ozil.

GOOD times

Please feel free to attack Bayern Munich at any time.  We have thick skin (unlike others here, we don't take it personally) 

Two days from the end of the year and we have the funniest thing not only this year,, but quite possibly EVER written on these boards. 

Good start to the day. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Word to the unwise. 

That (6 year old's) joke only remotely works if the team you're skitting is actually, you know, already OUT of the Cups. As L'pool are still in all three, you just look even sillier than normal. 

You're not very good at the concept of this are you?

Hail. 

Morning gents!

Beautiful day outside here in North Carolina (71 degrees... wtf amirite?).  Got two different crossfit workouts in and a quick jog... I'm done. 

Definitely excited to see Liverpool play today.  It feels like ages!

An opportunity to gain some ground, hopefully we're up for it.

"I don't know, what is the difference between Liverpool and a cup of tea?"

You know... I've been thinking about it.

We can really thank the Marshall plan for keeping Bayern alive can't we?

• Like 1

I ****ing love it. My knowledge is still limited so I feel like I can only banter so much but thankfully I have BTFoom lol.

The league is ours to win. It's on the players to grab it. Simple as that. 

Sure, but at least the schedule is equally brutal for everyone else. Even Spurs and City have to commit resources to European and domestic cups. 

Heard the deal for that Basel midfielder is done, Elneny.

The league is ours to win. It's on the players to grab it. Simple as that. City without Kompany isnt City and he still isn't close to getting healthy.

The away fixtures are tough but to be champions, you have to step up.

I'm not necessarily sure we'll do it BUT it's ours for the taking after we smoked City. Fingers crossed.

Nevermind, what am I saying? Liverpool is gonna win the league because...um...um...they won it once in the 80s according to YouTube. Oh and GHH told me that Klopp is a genius...

(That sounds eerily similar to a newly jobless fat guy in Philly doesn't it?)

Oh and remember when this thread told me Coutinho was better than Ozil.

GOOD times

Just so you can't edit it later

Sure, but at least the schedule is equally brutal for everyone else. Even Spurs and City have to commit resources to European and domestic cups. 

Heard the deal for that Basel midfielder is done, Elneny.

Think we've already played at the Emirates (draw), at Stamford Bridge (points), at Old Trafford (loss), at Whitehart Lane (draw), and at the Etihad (points).

But yes, most everyone else has an equally brutal schedule as you guys. ;)

• Like 1