Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Why have him get hurt in this wasted effort? One man isn't going to change this performance.

Oh if he's in it's 2-2 at worst right now.  The chances are there for an interest forward.

Clear indication that this roster is lacking enough quality...and size. Hope Klopp uses this time we'll enough to add some pieces to help the second half.

Yay Smith!

We're waiting to see if we get the money.

I'd seriously consider selling Benteke to Chelsea if they'll have him.

Wow. Couldn't disagree more. The hammers out played us at every turn... Except maybe keeper, but he only had to wake up once or twice to join the game. This loss is all on the redmen. Never looked dangerous on offense and were beyond shaky on defense. No hustle, no urgency, no spirit. This team has a LONG way to go.

• Like 2

Funny game in so far as we hit the bar, had one cleared off the line, could of had 2 or 3 pens, and West Ham's first should never of stood. 

That said, we never looked like scoring and that 'performance' was nowhere near good enough. No creativity. No threat. And totally unacceptable, not least to the manager, not enough fight and workrate. 

BIG improvement in effort and application needed for Tuesday. They're gonna' be two real battles. And without Henderson, you're struggling for any battlers the side. 

Bad day. Hopefully other teams recent slips continue.

Oh yeah, Danny Mills is a complete joke of an analyst. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Miguel Delaney

‏@MiguelDelaney

Klopp: "It's only a day to be angry [with our performance], not disappointed, and that's what we are."

Miguel Delaney

‏@MiguelDelaney

Klopp: "It's my responsibility [to get 100% response]. I am angry with myself today."

Yeah, he was well pissed the interview after at the players lack of effort and accountability. Be interesting to here the full after match presser. 

I don't think he's changed his philosophy at all. But what's worrying is the last month it's not transcending to the players. And we can't bin them all January. 

Tough period. 

Hail. 

It was hard for me this morning seeing Klopp angry, can't deny that.  Never like seeing a coach get angry.  :huh:

http://www.espnfc.us/liverpool/story/2776960/jurgen-klopp-angry-after-liverpool-lose-at-west-ham

Watching the goals, they beat a short guy each time.  Maybe Long n Left was right above when he pointed out that they need both quality and size.

But, what do I know.  My team is so bad the coach wants to leave at the end of the season.  

So this was directly after the match:  

And that continued his after match presser: 

Which has pretty much been the same right through December as he's become more and more exasperated on the touchline as he's gone nuts with them most every game. 

We know Rodgers/ 'The Committee' whomever built a substandard team that he's inherited and as yet hasn't been able to alter personnel wise. We know outside of one man who's never frigging fit we don't have anything in the top bracket of their position league wide. But that only accounts for talent. Commitment and attitude should be a prerequisite. Are our players that ****ing braindead, or that darn arrogant and lazy, that they can't respond to this man's passion and the bare minimum he requires from them? Because it's becoming a worrying trend that they just seem to of slipped back into what went before and although they all 'say' they right things through the week, they aren't frigging showing it come match day. 

I can forgive a Hell of a lot from a team in red that gives absolutely everything. You get beat by the better team but have tried everything then fair enough. But since Southampton, outside of Leicester Boxing Day, we've barely matched the opposition for effort which is completely and utterly unacceptable. And completely baffling that they've stopped responding to a passionate man who couldn't be attempting to get more out of them if he tried.

The plus side is most of these pricks won't be here next year and the coming years after as he weeds them out and brings in players that will die for him and ourselves. But it's worrying that they've slipped back into this piss poor attitude when there's half a season that still has so much to offer with not too much we can do in January to address it. 

They'd better buck their ideas up and fast before Tuesday because anything less than 100% for 90 minutes there and we'll be chasing a lead the second leg. 

Hail. 

Part of the issue is that Klopp's main way to play is to pressure the other team's backline/defensive midfielders into turnovers, then pounce and score.

Teams like Arsenal, City, etc will play from the back and then his tactics work well.  When teams refuse to play from the back, his team must have a couple play-makers who can use their skill to break down opponents.  Right now, too many teams skip the mid-field and go direct.

Part of the issue is that Klopp's main way to play is to pressure the other team's backline/defensive midfielders into turnovers, then pounce and score.

Teams like Arsenal, City, etc will play from the back and then his tactics work well.  When teams refuse to play from the back, his team must have a couple play-makers who can use their skill to break down opponents.  Right now, too many teams skip the mid-field and go direct.

We should have those players in the two Brazilians. And Benteke if he ever could be arsed to give his all for a full game. But the lack of application and workrate, much to the managers continued angst, through more or less the whole team is becoming a very worrying trend. 

They've seen what can be achieved when they give everything. Why they've falling back the other way and stopped that I just don't understand. 

But there's NO excuse for a lack of total commitment. Lack of talent is one thing. Lack of commitment is a whole other one. 

Most of these chumps would do well to realise they're playing for their L'pool careers here as there's likely to be a good turnover in the summer of 6 or 7 of them. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

We should have those players in the two Brazilians. And Benteke if he ever could be arsed to give his all for a full game. But the lack of application and workmate, much to the managers continued angst, through more or less the whole team is becoming a very worrying trend. 

They've seen what can be achieved when they give everything. Why they've falling back the other way and stopped that I just don't understand. 

But there's NO excuse for a lack of total commitment. Lack of talent is one thing. Lack of commitment is a whole other one. 

Most of these chumps would do well to realise they're playing for their L'pool careers here as there's likely to be a good turnover in the summer of 6 or 7 of them. 

Hail. 

You are absolutely correct about commitment.

Klopp will demand 100% and I'm sure will jettison those who aren't fully behind the club and the way they will play from now on.

• Like 1

The difference is between today and what how he pressed in dortmund is that they're not doing it as a collective yet. They had several great opportunities to make pressing pay off in the first half alone—but the whole squad isn't ocmmitted to it. 

At Dortmund he'd have all the front unit harrying the ball AND the short outlets. Here, only the first two on the scene are pressing, the second wave isn't getting in on the party. 

Then when they do win the ball back with pressure, their first instinct is to run at four defenders. At Dortmund, second wave would be in the vicinity and they'd hit with quick, successive passes. It takes time to ingrain this stuff. 

• Like 3

..... It takes time to ingrain this stuff. 

It does and I'm killed trying to tell folk that. As simply obvious as it is. Within that you're also having to battle against an ingrained mindset from the previous regime that they all keep falling back into. 

But it doesn't excuse the very worrying trend the last month of a complete lack of work ethic. Nothing is going to stick and be implemented with this group if they can't even motivate themselves to give what shouldn't be in question. 

Hail. 

Wow. Couldn't disagree more. The hammers out played us at every turn... Except maybe keeper, but he only had to wake up once or twice to join the game. This loss is all on the redmen. Never looked dangerous on offense and were beyond shaky on defense. No hustle, no urgency, no spirit. This team has a LONG way to go.

They did. But when a goal came from what should've been a free kick so early in the match, you can't really say they outplayed us.  They got to sit back and counter (which is what they do) after we gave up that goal.

So, shame on us, sure.  More shame on the officials.

You didn't watch the game, today then.

Hardly ever went direct until the last 15 minutes.

• Like 1

They did. But when a goal came from what should've been a free kick so early in the match, you can't really say they outplayed us.  They got to sit back and counter (which is what they do) after we gave up that goal.

So, shame on us, sure.  More shame on the officials.

You didn't watch the game, today then.

Hardly ever went direct until the last 15 minutes.

No, didn't watch (fell asleep about 5 minutes in), but they certainly don't play out of the back like typical European sides, either.

Just because the ball doesn't go 90 yards doesn't mean the team is playing out of the back.

In fact, the overwhelming ball possession by Pool (I think it was 65 to 35), works against them in this situation.  Klopps methods are more to counter a team and he still doesn't have the skilled players who can overwhelm an inferior side when they fall back.

But hey, what do I know, I've only seen about 200 BL matches in the last 4 years, including many Dortmund ones. :D

Edited by btfoom