Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Well that was a lot better performance than I feared when the text on the team came through pre-game. Thoroughly deserved (if nervy at times) win. 

The workrate and pressing was back with a vengeance and Leicester struggled to cope with that. (Matching up more or less in a 4-4-2 also completely seemed to throw them. They never settled at all at the back.). Even Firmino FINALLY put a shift in. Origi awesome. Hope the injury (hammy?) isn't too serious. Morgan was really struggling with him. Benteke on the other hand was awful ..... lack of movement. Poor decisions. Even worse finishing (WTF was THAT at the end?). But he scored a fantastic winning goal on the stretch. Lovren had another real solid game. He's been by far and away our best centre half under Klopp for me. (Admittedly not saying much given the others.). Looked a stonewall penalty from Sakho on Mahrez first half Kop end not given. (Anyone?). Still not wholly convinced by him. And ignore the young brat. Lallana was a key cog who worked his tail off yet again.

Yeah, some of the passing went astray at times that dropped us in bad positions of our making. But all in all a MUCH improved display and deserved win against the leaders with the best home atmosphere of the season. 

Something to build on for Sunderland.

And, Lallana yellow is perfect.  I always hated when refs failed to call that delay tactic and you could not quickly play the free kick ball.

Where's a player supposed to go when the opponent takes the immediate free kick and webs it straight at him?

Unless the TV showed Lallana intentionally blocking it (didn't look like it as it happened so fast the ground); then it looked a B/S booking to me and another symptom of the ridiculous way the games gone with pernickety officiating. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Unless the TV showed Lallana intentionally blocking it (didn't look like it as it happened so fast the ground); then it looked a B/S booking to me and another symptom of the ridiculous way the games gone with pernickety officiating.

Hail.

he did give it a little extra something, but there wasn't much he could do. it was almost as if he was going to get hit and thought, eh, i might as well jump a bit to see what happens. an okay yellow to me, as i hate that cheap crap.

he did give it a little extra something, but there wasn't much he could do. it was almost as if he was going to get hit and thought, eh, i might as well jump a bit to see what happens. an okay yellow to me, as i hate that cheap crap.

Ok. Thanks bro'. Appreciate it. I'll look when the highlights are on later. It all happened so fast it just looked like the Leicester fella' had belted it at him. Shrugs. 

Was it a penalty from Sakho on Mahrez?

Hail. 

To be sat (prior to the Southampton- Arsenal game) within 3 games of both City and Arsenal, well in the picture for the initial season aim of the top 4; with the semi's of the Lge Cup to look forward to and the FA Cup and Europe after that; after a real poor start to the season and far more average to bad performances than the other way is a great position to be in at half-way. 

Hopefully we can add some better quality January as we continue to slowly build this through the second half of the year. 

But even if we have to struggle through with the current group for the rest of the year, hey, we have the best manager in the league who will bring it back home over time. I have NO doubt about that. So everything above and beyond that is gravy.

Hail. 

• Like 2

Not a penalty on Sakho.  The commentary didn't even spend any extra time on it. Was surprised so many folks on twitter did. I suspect that it's been the run of bad form, we all almost expected something bad to happen.

Top Of The Kop @TOTK96 3m3 minutes ago

Mahrez and Vardy last seen...

CXLG5QwWYAAPxzz.jpg

"He scores when he wants, he scores when he wants... Jamie Vardy, he scores when he wants" :lol:

#Chat****GetLovren'd

Ok. Thanks bro'. Appreciate it. I'll look when the highlights are on later. It all happened so fast it just looked like the Leicester fella' had belted it at him. Shrugs. 

Was it a penalty from Sakho on Mahrez?

Hail. 

Yeah, he did lift his leg up, but they hit it right at him on purpose.

Lallana had another stinker.  I'd almost start looking at Ibe for him and bringing Lallana off the bench when we lack creativity. 

• Like 1

Yeah, he did lift his leg up, but they hit it right at him on purpose.

Lallana had another stinker.  I'd almost start looking at Ibe for him and bringing Lallana off the bench when we lack creativity. 

Is it the fee? No question we well overpaid. No question in an ideal World he's not starting calibre. But right here, right now, to me he's invaluable to what Clop's trying to implement with his work ethic in the dressing game. Could his final ball be better? No question. But overall I thought he had a decent game today and would have him in the XI every week right now. 

And I don't think he'll be leaving down to both re-sale for anything like what we paid and Klopp loving his attitude. But then if we get to next season and Lallana is a depth player and not someone like Joe Allen that's a massive step forward there on the playing front. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

I feel the opposite.

I feel like their going to wood shed us.  But I also feel we're going to wood shed the Eagles.

But now I don't know what I feel at the moment.

From being real positive all week about L'pool bouncing back, I've also felt the Redskins were gonna' lay an egg the last 2 and miss the paloffs in our usual heartbreaking fashion. 

Hope I'm WELL wrong on the later. 

Hail. 

Where's a player supposed to go when the opponent takes the immediate free kick and webs it straight at him?

First, was not a penalty kick, good no call.

Second, my comment was as much about the practice of not allowing a quick restart as it was Lallana blocking it.  I guess you never cared when you played, but I always hated it when the opposing team intentionally got in the way.

United needs an overhaul.

Arsenal is too inconsistent to win the league.  Perhaps a manager change would solve it.

Man City is good enough to take the league.

Does LC bounce back and regain form or is today a forecasting of things to come.

Skrtel moonlighting as a steward at Anfield yesterday? He just can't get enough oh Kloppness haha

1002961d1451222193t-liverpool-thread-rn8

Mingolet has kept 15 clean sheets the league through 2015. More than any other PL 'keeper. 

Another glaring example of how arbitrary stats in isolation without context are completely meaningless and can be manipulated to suit.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Ok, back to the serious business. 

Good luck to Watford, Bournemouth and Utd today. (Happily have them beat Chelsea and Swansea if it keeps Van Gaal in a job.). 

This league is ANYONES for the taking. And I'd go as low as Everton on that. (Not that they've a prayer in reality, but the overall point stands.). Any side that can put together 6, 7, 8 straight will win the title. 

Current form wouldn't suggest it, but seriously, why not us?

Hail. 

• Like 1

Mignolet did have two VERY good saves yesterday.

He's the best pile of **** that we have to trot out there at the moment.

Surely Watford can't sustain this, but it'd do us well for them to get something from Spurs.

Current form wouldn't suggest it, but seriously, why not us?

Hail. 

I'll set my expectations at top 4 for this year, or at least my hopes.  Depending on the window, that could shift to expectations.

But next year I'll expect a title.

• Like 1

I'll set my expectations at top 4 for this year, or at least my hopes.  Depending on the window, that could shift to expectations.

But next year I'll expect a title.

Oh, in reality I agree and that's WELL within range. 

Just saying the league is still WIDE open at half way and ANYONE with the balls to put together a winning run will take it. 

City have defensive question marks. And injuries sees their consistency up and down. Arsenal continue to be Arsenal. Utd are on a real downward spiral. And Chelsea are not even in a Europa race. 

Funny quotes from Klopp on Sakho and Lovren: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-liverpools-defence-just-10656995

Hail. 

• Like 1