Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I know absolutely notiin' about him. 

But Klopp took him to Mainz, then Dortmund, and he was a regular right through so that it'll do for me. 

Height and strength is sorely needed back there. 

Hail. 

I didn't know that he only played one game, I can say that he's always looked very good vs Bayern.

He was very good position-ally and 1v1. If I remember right, he also was involved in the counter attacks a few times.

I'll try to see if the folks at the Dortmund forum have anything to say.

<edit>  From what I read, the forum is split about selling him. The consensus is that Tuchel doesn't want him, though many of the regulars disagree and are quite despondent about him leaving BvD.</edit>

One thing for sure, Klopp has a certain "His Guy", who will run through a Chelski Bus (or if you want something strong, a brick wall) for him and he covets these guys.  If Klopp wants  him, then you will be happy with him.

Edited by btfoom
  • Like 1

1) Chelsea.

2) City.

3) Arsenal.

4) Liverpool/ Utd.

5) Liverpool/ Utd.

6) Tottenham.

Everton bottom 10. Again. 

Relegation Positions.

18) Villa/ Newcastle/ Sunderland: Think one of those three will go. Undecided on who but order of who I think is most likely. 

19) Norwich City.

20) Watford.

Hail. 

Ok, as we're as near as damn it half way through the year, let's revisit this with final predictions for the season:

1) City.

2) Arsenal.

3) Liverpool/ Utd. 

4) Liverpool/ Utd. 

5) Tottenham.

6) Leicester. 

Everton to sneak into the top 10. 

Relegation Positions. 

18) Newcastle or Norwich. 

19) Sunderland.

20) Villa. 

And for our German fans ..... Munich to buy yet another domestic treble. 

Barcelona to remain Champions of Europe. 

Hail. 

Everyone seems to be predicting a Leicester collapse.  Unknown if they will continue their current run, but I just don't see them collapsing out of the top five the second half.  Someone has to solve them first.

Arsenal has to prove they can be consistent enough to finish first, and City goes through bad stretches, but I see them top 3.

Both Liverpool and United will fight for what is left.  United still has to figure out if they are keeping or dumping their coach, and Klopp needs time to build his team.

Bayern wins their league, but to say someone will knock off Barca at this point in the UEFA Cup is premature.  Injuries and who has to play who as they move through elimination will play a part.  I am not as confident of Pep being able to solve Barca.

• Like 1

Hope you all enjoy the Holiday season and  have a great new year.

My prediction:  Next November, Pool are 3-4-2, and GHH is leading KloppoutatAnfield.com call. :P

or maybe not   :lol:

When you have the best manager in the World, why would you want him out?

Big bounce back today and Leicester put in their place. 

Hail. 

NOT liking this side BTW. Firmino shouldn't be ANYWHERE near the squad, never mind the team at the minute. Bang out of form and just strolling around the pitch. A complete, lazy passenger. Love Origi getting his chance, but not on his own. Needed Benteke in there. Presume we'll be interchanging because Can as the DM is a BAD idea. No discipline and can't defend to save his life.

Hail. 

Been feeling we'd batter them all week, but with that personnel and 1 up front at home, AGAIN .....

2-1. 

Hail. 

I feel the opposite.

I feel like their going to wood shed us.  But I also feel we're going to wood shed the Eagles.

But now I don't know what I feel at the moment.

BTW... my Shaqiri scouting report seems to destroy anything we bought last year. :P

At the moment anyways...

Klopp got them playing today.  LIV just needs to figure out how to score, and LC has so far been contained.

See if that continues in the second half.

And, Lallana yellow is perfect.  I always hated when refs failed to call that delay tactic and you could not quickly play the free kick ball.

So I counted 3 attacks wasted by Benteke... when I'm wrong I'm usually way off.

And, Lallana yellow is perfect.  I always hated when refs failed to call that delay tactic and you could not quickly play the free kick ball.

Worst player on the pitch for me.  I know my brother will disagree, but he's offered nothing outside of a tackle and a GREAT pass ahead to Origi.

Gonna be tough to get a goal with Benteke in there.  He's just not committed to the movement we need out of a 9 at the moment.  Gutted for Origi, he really looked good today.

You never know what will happen at the Kop end, though

First:

So I counted 3 attacks wasted by Benteke... when I'm wrong I'm usually way off.

Worst player on the pitch for me.  I know my brother will disagree, but he's offered nothing outside of a tackle and a GREAT pass ahead to Origi.

Gonna be tough to get a goal with Benteke in there.  He's just not committed to the movement we need out of a 9 at the moment.  Gutted for Origi, he really looked good today.

You never know what will happen at the Kop end

Then

THERE YOU GO BIG BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have that type of influence, please complain about Ovie and Cousins tonight. :D

We miss, what we call in hockey, a YAWNING net.

First:

Then

If you have that type of influence, please complain about Ovie and Cousins tonight. :D

He did nothing but finish that one.  He killed 5 attacks and missed an empty netter! 

Are you kidding me? :lol:

WALK ON

WALK ON

WITH HOPE IN YOUR HEARTS

AND YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!