Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Goofs mar Palin's Reagan college tribute, legal fund appeal

#98QBKiller

No intent to repost the....yeah....that....obviously.

Nor to think that because you quoted me, you might actually be talking to me. I've been down with a stomach flu most of the day. I'll blame my even more pronounced failure to pick up on the obvious on dehydration. :doh:

No intent to repost the....yeah....that....obviously.

Nor to think that because you quoted me, you might actually be talking to me. I've been down with a stomach flu most of the day. I'll blame my even more pronounced failure to pick up on the obvious on dehydration. :doh:

The flu sucks. I haven't had any---maybe because I believe in them there vaccinations. :pfft:

Don't use beer to hydrate. And I was just letting you know not to expect an answer from our amigo, not soliciting any views on the matter. Plus, though I am thinking only the harshest of thoughts regarding many posters today, I used a smiley. :)

Now, back to the thread topic of making idiot comments in public...oh wait...I never really left that topic did I?

:evilg: :ols:

:D

and that ladies and gentlemen is why Palin would get some votes......:ols:

Whoa, did you take it out of context? Of course you did. That's all you have and nothing else. My degrees are listed in the "where we went to college and majored in..." thread. Go ahead, list your educational credentials and compare.

And feel free to vote for Biden again - and that, ladies and gentlemen, is why he would get some votes. :)

I have nothing personal against Palin really, but I really feel that the time has passed for her to be getting covered this much consistently by the press and it is kind of doing the opposite that most of them wish.

She is playing the "victim of the liberal media" role perfectly and everytime a story is done on her, or a gaffe of hers is covered, all it is really doing is drumming up more attention where it ought not be.

It is kind of like coverage of the tea party protests. Yes a few of the rallies were big and deserved coverage, but it got to the point where 2-300 would gather for a rally and it was covered like they were taking over the nation, while on some of the same days 20,000+ would gather to protest cuts to education or rally in favor of stricter regulation on the financial institutions in some states and it barely registered and/or received any coverage at all.

Palin should raise her speaking fee.;)

California university nets $200K from Palin speech

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/06/29/california-university-nets-200k-from-palin-speech/

Stanislaus County Supervisor Vito Chiesa, who attended the gala, said the university achieved its goal.

“I think they hit a home run for raising money,” he said. Officials estimated net income at $200,000. “I didn’t know what all the rancor was about before; she’s there for a school and she turned it into an educational speech.”

Maybe CSU-S’ school of business should hold a seminar for public officials unclear on the concept of profit. Fundraisers take in more money when they attract more people with more money to give. The best way to do that is to have high-profile speakers who can pull in that kind of audience. Those top-drawer speakers cost more money, but as CSU-S discovered, they also generate more donations, too.

I have nothing personal against Palin really, but I really feel that the time has passed for her to be getting covered this much consistently by the press and it is kind of doing the opposite that most of them wish.

She's a very clever marketer much in the same way that Coulter was although Palin isn't nearly as vulgar or hateful as Coulter, but they both share a talent in keeping the spotlight on themselves. That means she ain't dumb. I do wonder if she's more relevent right now as analyst or politician.

It's impossible to say she isn't relevant. Look at this thread. How many have read it and felt the need to respond to it? She also isn't dumb... she's wiley in her way. She's uninformed and says dumb stuff and believes dumb stuff, but she herself is not dumb.

Seriously, she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Style over substance IMO.

Yes ,America is not that foolish to fall for that again....are they?:evilg:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6569264/Sarah-Palin-should-succeed-O-in-2012-Oprah-that-is-not-Obama.html

This is not snooty elitism - it's based on the perception that Mrs Palin's track record is thin and that while she has real star quality her political prescriptions are vague. Sound familiar? That may have worked for Barack Obama in 2008 but Americans are likely to want much more substance next time around.

Yes ,America is not that foolish to fall for that again....are they?:evilg:[/QUOTe]

Never underestimate the American people.

(Heck, look how many people voted for Bush TWICE and how many people claim to miss him. The root of a majority of our current woes can be traced to the decisions, mistakes, and avoidance of action made over his administration. Heck, even Obama's election itself is entirely Bush's fault)

Never underestimate the American people.

(Heck, look how many people voted for Bush TWICE and how many people claim to miss him. The root of a majority of our current woes can be traced to the decisions, mistakes, and avoidance of action made over his administration. Heck, even Obama's election itself is entirely Bush's fault)

I can see the ads now

I+Am+Bush%27s+Fault.jpg

Now+You%27ve+Done+It+Gecko.jpg

http://makosnark.blogspot.com/

Me too.

Afterall, if Bush had been a better President there wouldn't have been a rebellion in the Red states etc. More, if he had been a better President like Clinton, at least his successor would have won the election (Gore did win the popular vote... and the electoral-- stupid democrat-designed butterflies)

I love the people that get all bent out of shape when someone points out a politician's public **** up.

"D..d..d..don't pick on Palin! Sh..sh..she doesn't represent conservatives!"

If you're giving a public speech on one of your personal heros at least don't botch something like which state he went to college in. Especially if his relation to that state/college is one of your talking points. It's the equivalent of a big-time rock band playing a show in DC and saying "How are you doing Philadelphia??!!!"

It's funny. Get over it.

Palin should raise her speaking fee.;)

California university nets $200K from Palin speech

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/06/29/california-university-nets-200k-from-palin-speech/

Stanislaus County Supervisor Vito Chiesa, who attended the gala, said the university achieved its goal.

“I think they hit a home run for raising money,” he said. Officials estimated net income at $200,000. “I didn’t know what all the rancor was about before; she’s there for a school and she turned it into an educational speech.”

Nah, no influence here.

Say, I wonder how much money Ann Curry raised when her amazingly famous and powerful self made a similar gaffe?

I mean hell, she's a big newsreader and all,, I'm sure whichever events she speaks at rake in dozens of dollars.

Maybe even hundreds!

</snark>

~Bang

Oh really?

How so?

How does a person in her position compare to someone who has held the positions Palin has?

You may as well complain about a typo in "Doonesbury" for as equal as they are in stature and influence.

~Bang

What positions? She's doing the "PAY ME!" circuit.

I'll say and do anything remotely consistent to my message for 40grand an hour. She sold out before she became someone.

Her and Huckabee decided to just cash in.

The issue here is that she's paying tribute to someone she calls her hero and obviously knows nothing about the man. It's a problem that keeps popping up with her. Ignorance that makes her insincerity transparent. It also means she's basically a liar.

What positions? She's doing the "PAY ME!" circuit.

I'll say and do anything remotely consistent to my message for 40grand an hour. She sold out before she became someone.

Her and Huckabee decided to just cash in.

OK, so if you met her, would you call her by her proper life-long title, "Madam Governor", or would you just call her any old thing?

A university in the Lib'rul capital of the world, the land of fruits and nuts, cleared 200 grand from having her speak.

Why? is it because she's relatively cute? Nah, California is filled with much hotter women who will wear much less on stage.

Granted, she's sold out, but that hardly disqualifies her of influence,, she's raking in a ton of cash just reading the lines to a LOT of people who more than happily lap up every drop.

I must say, the attempt to minimize who she is is rather amusing. Seems about a year ago the lockstep argument was to try and convince everyone OF her stature and relevence.

~Bang

The issue here is that she's paying tribute to someone she calls her hero and obviously knows nothing about the man. It's a problem that keeps popping up with her. Ignorance that makes her insincerity transparent. It also means she's basically a liar.

Oh boy :)...Do we apply that standard to everyone?

Saying she knows "nothing" about her personal role model is overstating your argument. I admire Joe Gibbs, but I don't know off the top of my head where he went to high school and college. I don't know all the details about Joe, but he's one of my favorite figures in NFL history.

Saying she knows "nothing" about her personal role model is overstating your argument. I admire Joe Gibbs, but I don't know off the top of my head where he went to high school and college. I don't know all the details about Joe, but he's one of my favorite figures in NFL history.

Yes, but do you model your ideology after his? Football is a sidebar in your life, whereas politics is her life. If you were a football coach who proclaimed Gibbs your hero, you'd probably expect that you'd know a little more.

At least enough to ask your speechwriters to wikipedia the guy before you got up and spoke about him.

~Bang

Yes, but do you model your ideology after his? Football is a sidebar in your life, whereas politics is her life. If you were a football coach who proclaimed Gibbs your hero, you'd probably expect that you'd know a little more.

At least enough to ask your speechwriters to wikipedia the guy before you got up and spoke about him.

~Bang

I'm sure a head coach who has a personal admiration of a past coach isn't fully aware of every detail of his role model. I'm sure the HC is more focused on his role model's philosophy with X's and O's and leadership, not all of the past details unrelated to football.

The fact is, every politician makes gaffes. Some are more serious than others.

~Bang

This i have no problem agreeing with :)

But playing her down?

She was a Mayor of a town Wacilla(sp).

She was a Gov of Alaska that quit.

She also ran and failed to get the VP job.

[end of resume]

She became Infamous because she was a hot 50 and says slightly less inflamatory things than Coulter and cashed in.

Seems rather cut and dry.

She reminds me of Dan Quayle with a wig and bigger boobs.

So what does Obama remind you of when he says he's been to "57 states"? Or when he tried to walk through a window at the White House thinking it was a door? Or when he had an embarrassing moment with a teleprompter malfunction?

How about when Joe Biden told a congressman confined to a wheel chair to "stand up" in front of a large crowd :ols:?

It amazes me how people are so locked into the "D" and "R" box in this country. It's like the Cowboys and Redskins homers arguing with each other. Meanwhile, the country is on the verge of going bankrupt and we are fighting a war in a territory known as the grave yard of past empires, Afghanistan.

So what does Obama remind you of when he says he's been to "57 states"? Or when he tried to walk through a window at the White House thinking it was a door? Or when he had an embarrassing moment with a teleprompter malfunction?

How about when Joe Biden told a congressman confined to a wheel chair to "stand up" in front of a large crowd :ols:?

It amazes me how people are so locked into the "D" and "R" box in this country. It's like the Cowboys and Redskins homers arguing with each other. Meanwhile, the country is on the verge of going bankrupt and we are fighting a war in a territory known as the grave yard of past empires, Afghanistan.

Are you, with a sraight face, comparing the dumbest person to be in politics, who has entire interviews in succession that prove how incredibly stupid she is, with people in the public eye 24/7 who make mistakes on the spot?

Palin didn't even know the office that she was running for. She's in charge of the Senate? She literally couldn't explain her job to a third-grader. She hasn't had one public presentation, not ONE, where she doesn't screw up a fact or say something outrageously idiotic.

You aren't paying attention to sample size, statistical significance, or frequency. Don't do stats, man. They're not your thing.

As an aside - when Obama mentioned 57 states a few years back - did anyone honestly think he thought there were 57 states? Or did they chalk it up as a tongue tied moment?

Excuse police...take cover. You can obviously see he even paused and thought about it before he said 57. He wasn't tongue tied.

EpGH02DtIws

Archived