Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Goofs mar Palin's Reagan college tribute, legal fund appeal

#98QBKiller

I'm sure a head coach who has a personal admiration of a past coach isn't fully aware of every detail of his role model. I'm sure the HC is more focused on his role model's philosophy with X's and O's and leadership, not all of the past details unrelated to football.

The fact is, every politician makes gaffes. Some are more serious than others.

Just to be a contrarian the fact that she did make a mistake like this might indicate that she really is a Reagan fan. Afterall, when you're prepping for a speech on something you know little about you cram and make sure your speechwriters are really on top of things and you make sure you are as prepared as you can be.

However, when you feel very comfortable with a subject sometimes you worry about the points you want to make and don't study as hard on the details because you feel you are familiar enough with them.

It's easier to have a brain fart on a subject you know well then on something you are clueless about.

Saying she knows "nothing" about her personal role model is overstating your argument. I admire Joe Gibbs, but I don't know off the top of my head where he went to high school and college. I don't know all the details about Joe, but he's one of my favorite figures in NFL history.

And if you were giving a speech and decided to mention where Joe Gibbs went to college and what it has to do with your audience, don't you think you'd look up where he went to college first?

Brightest and best?

We haven't had one of those in the White House since Clinton -- AT LEAST.

Johnny "Federal Government's Been in Charge of the Cleanup Since Day One" is doing a bang-up job. :ols:

So you're saying McCain/Palin would have been better.

Gotcha.

Just to be a contrarian the fact that she did make a mistake like this might indicate that she really is a Reagan fan. Afterall, when you're prepping for a speech on something you know little about you cram and make sure your speechwriters are really on top of things and you make sure you are as prepared as you can be.

However, when you feel very comfortable with a subject sometimes you worry about the points you want to make and don't study as hard on the details because you feel you are familiar enough with them.

It's easier to have a brain fart on a subject you know well then on something you are clueless about.

These statements can't be taken as singular incidents. Palin has a horrible history of making dumbass comments. She can see Russia from her house? She has international experience because she's next to Russia? She reads all newspapers? The Bush Doctrine (going back to the party that she's supposedly a part of) is his world view? Really? And you're going to give her the benefit of the doubt?

She's never prepared; she's lazy. She doesn't know her facts and she makes comments to please her audience (bringing up Reagan with a GOP audience? Who'd have thought that was a good idea) even though she CLEARLY has no idea what she's talking about. She also didn't know anything about the school.

She's an idiot, and regardless of which party you voted for in 2008, you can see that. Burgold, this post is just a massive excuse for her that she doesn't deserve.

Well, that's why I said I was being a contrarian, silly. Palin makes Biden sound like Churchill.

(I don't think she's an idiot... I think she's a smart woman who is intellectually lazy. Her genius is at self-marketing and she exploits the system for her own gain brilliantly. I wish I had a tenth of the marketing savvy of Sarah Palin.

New,

Which is what I said earlier - how many honest mistakes does it take to become a pattern?

edit - I also find it odd that she is apparently off-limits to the rest of the GOP. They have no problem criticizing each other - but none dares criticize Palin - who has arguably the easiest history to criticize.

New,

Which is what I said earlier - how many honest mistakes does it take to become a pattern?

Or how much media coverage does a gaffe get? If Palin said 57 states, you don't think that would be huge coverage? Where as Obama saying it got minimal coverage. People are so suckered into marketing and what they see on TV.

Anyone here with one grain of honesty knows that if Palin said she's been to 57 states, there would be a huge thread here of people calling her an idiot.

Well, that's why I said I was being a contrarian, silly. Palin makes Biden sound like Churchill.

(I don't think she's an idiot... I think she's a smart woman who is intellectually lazy. Her genius is at self-marketing and she exploits the system for her own gain brilliantly. I wish I had a tenth of the marketing savvy of Sarah Palin.

Clinton Portis has infinitely more money than I'll ever have, but I'd say that I'm a hell of a lot smarter than he is. Same with Kanye West. Being able to market oneself doesn't mean that she/he has any intelligence. She has no substance and she's a moron. She's dangerous for this country.

New,

edit - I also find it odd that she is apparently off-limits to the rest of the GOP. They have no problem criticizing each other - but none dares criticize Palin - who has arguably the easiest history to criticize.

It's not number of mistakes; it's number of mistakes per communications. Her interviews prior to her being told the STFU by the McCain campaign were unbelievable. I thought that they were a joke, really. All of her speeches are ridiculous, all of them. She shows no semblance of having a grasp on the state of the nation, how to help it, or any expertise on any topic. As someone else said, you don't bring up Reagan's education and then not know **** about it.

Clinton Portis has infinitely more money than I'll ever have, but I'd say that I'm a hell of a lot smarter than he is. Same with Kanye West. Being able to market oneself doesn't mean that she/he has any intelligence. She has no substance and she's a moron. She's dangerous for this country.

It's not number of mistakes; it's number of mistakes per communications. Her interviews prior to her being told the STFU by the McCain campaign were unbelievable. I thought that they were a joke, really. All of her speeches are ridiculous, all of them. She shows no semblance of having a grasp on the state of the nation, how to help it, or any expertise on any topic. As someone else said, you don't bring up Reagan's education and then not know **** about it.

Hehe, relax....geez.. She's not going to become President. Stand back from the ledge and close the window.

Let me ask you this, you say Palin is dangerous for the country. What do you think of Obama's massive spending, talks of a possible depression coming, fighting a war in the graveyard of empires, poor response to the oil spill, etc?

Hehe, relax....geez.. She's not going to become President. Stand back from the ledge and close the window.

Let me ask you this, you say Palin is dangerous for the country. What do you think of Obama's massive spending, talks of a possible depression coming, fighting a war in the graveyard of empires, poor response to the oil spill, etc?

We weren't spending huge before? Almost a Trillion on 2 wars. How are we paying for that? By cutting taxes?

Is there a secret way to handle the oil rig blowing up. BP said they had a plan. People didn't want the Gov't taking over this event. Now that BP doesn't have a plan, its "You're responding too slow...but also don't be extra careful with other rigs in the gulf. Keep drilling away, this probably won't happen again".

Didn't vote for Obama in 2008, won't vote for him in 2012, but pretending that each president walks in with a clean slate to work off of is insane. This isn't 2000 and talking over with a surplus.

Or how much media coverage does a gaffe get? If Palin said 57 states, you don't think that would be huge coverage? Where as Obama saying it got minimal coverage. People are so suckered into marketing and what they see on TV.

Anyone here with one grain of honesty knows that if Palin said she's been to 57 states, there would be a huge thread here of people calling her an idiot.

The difference here is that it isn't just one gaffe, but MANY.

She is an idiot. You must be exhausting yourself attempting to defend her.

Obama has nothing to do with Palin, but I'll play anyway. :)

1) Spending is necessary due to the recession and the need for a healthcare overhaul. Keep in mind that I am strongly in favor of a tax and spend government. The previous administration, which caused all but the oil spill, was a don't tax but spend TREMENDOUSLY administration. Hence them inheriting a surplus and leaving us more broke than we've ever been.

2) Talks by who? Speculation is not reporting.

3) . . . you mean the war that Bush couldn't win in seven years? The war against the actual supporters of the 9/11 attacks? Really?

3) Debateable. It sure as hell isn't the lack of response that Katrina got, and cleaning up oil is BP's problem. Just because the president has gotten on their asses, forced them to create a fund to pay for the entire thing, actually visited the region, and addressed it whenever he could does not mean that it's a poor response. Again, Katrina was a poor response.

4) Etc. means nothing to me?

But, again, this has nothing to do with Palin being a dumbass.

We weren't spending huge before? Almost a Trillion on 2 wars. How are we paying for that? By cutting taxes?

Is there a secret way to handle the oil rig blowing up. BP said they had a plan. People didn't want the Gov't taking over this event. Now that BP doesn't have a plan, its "You're responding too slow...but also don't be extra careful with other rigs in the gulf. Keep drilling away, this probably won't happen again".

Didn't vote for Obama in 2008, won't vote for him in 2012, but pretending that each president walks in with a clean slate to work off of is insane. This isn't 2000 and talking over with a surplus.

Now THIS is a brilliant post. Way to go, Buford!

So what does Obama remind you of when he says he's been to "57 states"? Or when he tried to walk through a window at the White House thinking it was a door? Or when he had an embarrassing moment with a teleprompter malfunction?

How about when Joe Biden told a congressman confined to a wheel chair to "stand up" in front of a large crowd :ols:?

It amazes me how people are so locked into the "D" and "R" box in this country. It's like the Cowboys and Redskins homers arguing with each other. Meanwhile, the country is on the verge of going bankrupt and we are fighting a war in a territory known as the grave yard of past empires, Afghanistan.

I'm a conservative. Biden is already here, so we have to deal with him. Same goes for Obama (I'm not the type to "vociferously" criticize a sitting president in a time of war). The time to play the "you're a dumbass" game with them was October 2008. Republicans will have another shot in 2012.

Understanding that, I'd actually like to see another conservative receive the nomination for the republican party. Palin is turning into a national joke, whether deserved or not, so the quicker she steps aside and allows another candidate take the reins, the better it will be for conservative voters.

The difference here is that it isn't just one gaffe, but MANY.

She is an idiot. You must be exhausting yourself attempting to defend her.

I'm by no means trying to defend her. I'm trying to point out the hypocrisy and blind political homerism here. That is all.

I'm a conservative. Biden is already here, so we have to deal with him. Same goes for Obama (I'm not the type to "vociferously" criticize a sitting president in a time of war). The time to play the "you're a dumbass" game with them was October 2008. Republicans will have another shot in 2012.

Understanding that, I'd actually like to see another conservative receive the nomination for the republican party. Palin is turning into a national joke, whether deserved or not, so the quicker she steps aside and allows another candidate take the reins, the better it will be for conservative voters.

Which is exactly why I, as a liberal, want her to run in 2012. :)

And props to you for respecting the office. I was not nearly as easy on Bush post Iraq invasion.

I'm by no means trying to defend her. I'm trying to point out the hypocrisy and blind political homerism here. That is all.

All that you're doing IS defending her by pointing out random moments of hypocrisy and trying to deflect attention away from the dumbass that is Palin. Obama and Palin aren't opposites; you can talk about one without talking about the other. The only reason that someone brings up someone else is when he can't defend his point person.

Obama has nothing to do with Palin, but I'll play anyway. :)

1) Spending is necessary due to the recession and the need for a healthcare overhaul. Keep in mind that I am strongly in favor of a tax and spend government. The previous administration, which caused all but the oil spill, was a don't tax but spend TREMENDOUSLY administration. Hence them inheriting a surplus and leaving us more broke than we've ever been.

Spending is necessary for a recession? Well, I guess you're right considering Obama said if we didn't pass the stimulus, unemployment would go over 8%:ols: How about we go to somebody we know with massive debt, and advice them to get another credit card to help with the bills? I should have stopped reading at "I'm in favor of a tax and spend government".

. . . you mean the war that Bush couldn't win in seven years? The war against the actual supporters of the 9/11 attacks? Really?

Bush and Obama are two peas in a pod. How long have we been looking for the boogieman Bin Laden for? From the Bush administration on, the war is bull dung. How many #2s and #3s have we killed? I guess you were one of those who cried about war during the Bush years, now you're a warmonger because Obama is in charge. Homer.

3) Debateable. It sure as hell isn't the lack of response that Katrina got, and cleaning up oil is BP's problem. Just because the president has gotten on their asses, forced them to create a fund to pay for the entire thing, actually visited the region, and addressed it whenever he could does not mean that it's a poor response. Again, Katrina was a poor response.

Let's see, Bush was a few days too slow responding. Obama was like 50 days too slow. Again, quite being a homer and playing the Bush card. Quit being suckered by the system.

Spending is necessary for a recession? Well, I guess you're right considering Obama said if we didn't pass the stimulus, unemployment would go over 8%:ols: How about we go to somebody we know with massive debt, and advice them to get another credit card to help with the bills? I should have stopped reading at "I'm in favor of a tax and spend government".

Dude, WTF is your problem? You're an embarrassment to your cause. You can't debate to save your life, so I don't know why I'm bothering other than to scratch a mosquito bite.

Putting money into the economy provides jobs. Tax and spend was the same in the Clinton years that got us that surplus. Lowering taxes and not spending gives us no public services, and the banks collapsing would've been a little bit bad, don't you think? You also can't tell me what would have happened without the stimulus, which many credit with the halt of the worsening recession and its eventual end. Your emoticons make you look like an idiot.

Bush and Obama are two peas in a pod. How long have we been looking for the boogieman Bin Laden for? From the Bush administration on, the war is bull dung. How many #2s and #3s have we killed? I guess you were one of those who cried about war during the Bush years, now you're a warmonger because Obama is in charge. Homer.

The word "homer" doesn't even apply here. I was very for the Afghanistan war to retaliate against those who actually attacked us. I disagreed with the retreat at Tora Bora, which was a Bush call. I vehemently opposed the Iraq war and still do. It would also be unbelievably stupid to just pull troops out of a chaotic country. The ramifications are massively detrimental to our country.

So no, your assumptions are completely wrong, and they further prove how terrible you are at having a real debate.

Let's see, Bush was a few days too slow responding. Obama was like 50 days too slow. Again, quite being a homer and playing the Bush card. Quit being suckered by the system.

A few days? Seriously? Were you asleep in 2005? It STILL wasn't done when Bush left office! Bush put a guy in charge of FEMA whose previous job was to run a horse farm, and you want to compare? Jesus Christ.

And Obama immediately addressed the issue. He let BP have the opportunity to clean it up, they didn't, so he got involved. He issued statements immediately and took action. Just because it's inconvenient for you to remember doesn't mean that it's false.

These statements can't be taken as singular incidents. Palin has a horrible history of making dumbass comments. She can see Russia from her house? She has international experience because she's next to Russia? She reads all newspapers? The Bush Doctrine (going back to the party that she's supposedly a part of) is his world view? Really? And you're going to give her the benefit of the doubt?

She's never prepared; she's lazy. She doesn't know her facts and she makes comments to please her audience (bringing up Reagan with a GOP audience? Who'd have thought that was a good idea) even though she CLEARLY has no idea what she's talking about. She also didn't know anything about the school.

She's an idiot, and regardless of which party you voted for in 2008, you can see that.

Reading your post made me think of this youtube clip. :ols: Enjoy.

Archived