Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Goofs mar Palin's Reagan college tribute, legal fund appeal

#98QBKiller

Not surprising but funny nonetheless. Especially messing up Reagan's college.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100629/pl_ynews/ynews_pl2928

Goofs mar Palin's Reagan college tribute, legal fund appeal

Following in others' grand tradition of demonstrating gaps in knowledge while addressing a university, Sarah Palin told a crowd at a fundraiser at California State University in Stanislaus last weekend that Ronald Reagan, personal hero and inspiration, was a California college graduate. She told the cheering crowd: "This is Reagan country, and perhaps it was destiny that the man who went to California's Eureka College would become so woven within and interlinked to the Golden State."

There's just one problem here: Reagan went to Eureka College in Illinois from 1928 to 1932, the Alaska Dispatch reports. He didn't move to California until five years after his graduation. There's no Eureka College in California (though there's a town of Eureka that has a College of the Redwoods nearby).

[From Obama to Bush: Worst political gaffes]

Immediately after her speech, a live microphone caught voices in the press area trashing the former Alaska governor, Mediate reported. "The dumbness doesn’t just come from soundbites," one complained. The Fox affiliate owned the microphone but says their reporters did not make the comments.

Meanwhile, the Associated Press reports on a more serious recent mistake of Palin's political organization. Administrators for her legal defense fund accidentally sent out a rough draft of an email to thousands of supporters that falsely claimed she faced "millions of dollars" in legal fees because of "frivolous" ethics suits against her. The corrected version of the email said the fees numbered in the hundreds of thousands, not millions.

Critics say several more claims in the email were not true. The email said 26 of 27 ethics violations against Palin were dismissed outright, which is false: Three moved into the investigative phase. One inquiry resulted in a cash settlement; another found that ethics had been abridged but declined to recommend legal proceedings because the charge involved the dismissal of the head of the Alaska state trooper force, who was an at-will employee of the governor.

The email also alleged that the Democratic National Committee created a website whose goal is to keep Palin out of public office — a charge that the organization says is untrue.

Last week, the earlier incarnation of Palin's defense fund was ruled illegal because it used the word "official." The decision forced the fund's administrators to pay back the $400,000 in donations they raised, and to launch the newer version of the fund.

— Liz Goodwin is a national affairs writer for Yahoo! News.

The GOP really isn't going to trot her out as its candidate for President in 2012 right?

I mean she's not our brightest and best right?

They won't. She can't win a general election. You should just hope she doesn't damage your brand in the eyes of moderates on her way through losing the primary.

palin is stupid, and if she even gets a sniff of the oval office this country deserves exactly what it deserves. How many Yukons did she have to kill to become the governor of Alaska. Since she can see russia from Alaska, can we send he there. I mean just ship her over there, put her in a box and just send her packing. These people live in a fantasy world. We are dealingwith one of the most terbulent periods in world history, and this dumb broad keeps popping up like this stuff is sweet. Can we stop now, please?

The GOP really isn't going to trot her out as its candidate for President in 2012 right?

I mean she's not our brightest and best right?

Brightest and best?

We haven't had one of those in the White House since Clinton -- AT LEAST.

Johnny "Federal Government's Been in Charge of the Cleanup Since Day One" is doing a bang-up job. :ols:

And this twit is now the voice of the right as opposed to Will/Buckley :doh:

No, I really don't think she is.. people may like her, she says the lines, sort of... but I seriously doubt the powers that be in the GOP really consider her as anything more than a cheerleader. (at least one would hope so.)

~Bang

No, I really don't think she is.. people may like her, she says the lines, sort of... but I seriously doubt the powers that be in the GOP really consider her as anything more than a cheerleader. (at least one would hope so.)

~Bang

I think that's right on. Many of us like her firm......conservative values. But she's not the one to implement, or even talk about them, apparently.

The left's motto...

"The only thing we have to offer is fear itself". :ols:

I'll take an honest mistake as opposed to a "leader" who calls a hard-working taxpayer an "a...."

Right?

And they're lost for words when you tell them you don't listen to those guys. The shock and awe of having to address what you actually said begins to set in. :ols:

How many mistakes does it take for a pattern to emerge?

Took a certain liberty with your post (apologies for doing so). Are people in the gulf worried about a VERY small gaffe or losing their livelihoods? Their jobs? Their way of life?

Still waiting for the moron in DC to declare the gulf a disaster area. His motto?

"The buck never got here".

Archived