Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Goofs mar Palin's Reagan college tribute, legal fund appeal

#98QBKiller

I am going out of my way not to argue to angrily with Honorary_Hog, because I like and respect him, and I don't want things to get too personal between us.

'Preciate that. And the respect is mutual, even when we let things get heated.[/the portion of my post referring to P's quote]

I really still don't get the fascination with ragging on Palin. OK, so you're not afraid of her. Fine. What is it then? You just enjoy comedy that isn't funny? You see trashing her as a way to trash conservative values by association? You simply have nothing better to do with your time?

To me, the absolute dumbest and most damning thing said by ANY politician in the last several months is, "I just want the American people to know that the federal government has been in charge of the cleanup (in the Gulf) since day one."

I mean this butchers the guy personally. It butchers his ideas about big government being able to solve everything for us. And so far there's been no "oh rly?" factor from the other side. He's SAID that the federal government is in charge. HIS WORDS, not mine. He is in charge of the federal government.

And yet you don't go after that. You go after where Reagan went to school. Priorities, I guess.

How in the world did this thread get to be about how Obama was handling the Oil Spill?

Some of us wanted to point out other stupid things said by other politicians, and the hypocrisy that crucifies Palin for the tiniest mistake, but doesn't hold a federal government accountable that has been in charge of Gulf cleanup from day one.

Kinda proves that political points are more important than issues of overwhelming importance -- to some at least.

"News reader" is quite the colossal understatement to attempt downplay the relevance.

Oh really?

How so?

How does a person in her position compare to someone who has held the positions Palin has?

You may as well complain about a typo in "Doonesbury" for as equal as they are in stature and influence.

~Bang

Oh really?

How so?

How does a person in her position compare to someone who has held the positions Palin has?

~Bang

Position is not the issue. The actual responsibility of the person in relation to the relevance of their comments is the issue.

Curry's job responsibility, at the very least, was to know which college she was talking to. She doesn't just read the news - her job is to research it, and know it inside out. That's why making such a fundamental error was ridiculous.

On the other hand, Palin's knowledge of a particular college is of little relevance to her political abilities.

Oh really?

How so?

You may as well complain about a typo in "Doonesbury" for as equal as they are in stature and influence.

~Bang

So now Palin has stature and influence. Can we make up our collective mind? :ols:

Some of us wanted to point out other stupid things said by other politicians, and the hypocrisy that crucifies Palin for the tiniest mistake, but doesn't hold a federal government accountable that has been in charge of Gulf cleanup from day one.

Kinda proves that political points are more important than issues of overwhelming importance -- to some at least.

See, the thing is you shrug your shoulders and you say you don't get it, but you DO get it. Just like everyone else with a brain.

People think that it's funny when other people **** up in public. And if they're famous, all the more.

If it weren't for that, Youtube would have never grown to it's present massivosity.

~Bang

So now Palin has stature and influence. Can we make up our collective mind? :ols:

In all honesty, I cannot believe that you've tried to pretend to be this stupid.

So I'll just leave it at that. Sarah Palin has no more stature or influence in this country than Ann Curry.

~Bang

See, the thing is you shrug your shoulders and you say you don't get it, but you DO get it. Just like everyone else with a brain.

People think that it's funny when other people **** up in public. And if they're famous, all the more.

If it weren't for that, Youtube would have never grown to it's present massivosity.

~Bang

I'm pretty sure this won't get 1/10,000th the hits that, say, keyboard cat has and will. It's funny when the **** ups are funny. This could not possibly be less so, IMO.

"All 57 states?" Yeah, that **** was funny. :)

The GOP really isn't going to trot her out as its candidate for President in 2012 right?

I mean she's not our brightest and best right?

Only if they want Obama to get 4 more years...sadly she probably is the brightest and best the GOP has to offer at the moment

The one that is most damning is the one about seeking out the politically active black students and Marxist professors. I'm sure it just burns half the board to no end that Beck doesn't have to make up something like that. Nay, he wrote it, proofread it, and read it into an audiobook. So apparently he's just fine with it. :)

Course, that's less funny than it is scary and sad.

Much of the aformentioned pales in comparison to a gaffe. I have multiple degrees and worked hard for them - so I must have a decent measure of intelligence. However, for the first year that Reagan was in office, I thought he went to Eureka College in California as well.

Just saying.

and that ladies and gentlemen is why Palin would get some votes......:ols:

:ols: You're joking, right?

Seriously, she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Style over substance IMO.

Please, do explain. If she can't understand "normal thinking" I'm sure you have an example or two of something besides a misspeak or a gaffe.

You said it, it's fair that you support it.

He's made a number of gaffes and reasonable minds might argue that his policies are terrible, but to say that he is dumber than Palin is .... dumb. Do you actually believe Palin is more intelligent than Obama?

I am pretty sure it is a recycled "clever" little nickname that our pal ACW came up with.

You have always been one of the smart ones. Of course my standards are a little different than some. I can actually define "smart" accurately. :D

Archived