Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Android vs Iphone - Public Poll

TMK9973

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm not sure. Only differnce I have heard is 1 screen size (but gain, will that make the phone bigger?).

And the X will have the ability to make itself a wifi hot spot. Which is pretty cool (But will probably be Extra).

Here you go...

http://www.geeksugar.com/Droid-X-vs-Droid-Incredible-8892870

you should compare moto blur and htc sense to get a better idea of the differences between the two phones

Thanks.

So far it seems like the screen, memory storage, video recording capabilities and HDMI output favor the X. We shall see..

All I know is that companies need to chill the **** out on releasing new smart phones. My HTC hero is a piece of **** that is overlooked now, and the Droid incredible is going to be history once the droid X comes out. Its stupid how a phone that is released 2 months ago is now dust in the wind.

All I know is that companies need to chill the **** out on releasing new smart phones. My HTC hero is a piece of **** that is overlooked now, and the Droid incredible is going to be history once the droid X comes out. Its stupid how a phone that is released 2 months ago is now dust in the wind.

That's the worst part. I have the BlackBerry Tour which came out last July, they discontinued it in May of this year. So the phone was out for 10 months before RIM decided to discontinue it, that is ridiculous.

I got the EVO and man, there isn't much I can't do from it. It gives me complete access to everything I could want to do. Best phone I have ever owned and from what I gather, it out performs the Iphone in almost every technical aspect. I just wish it had the cards of the palm pre.

Glad you like it! It is sweet having a phone that does what you want/need to do. My iphone does the same for me.

Now, to say it out-performs the iPhone in almost every technical aspect. Care to elaborate?

__________ EVO_________iPHONE___________WINNER

CPU______ 1Ghz_________1Ghz______________ Tie

RAM______512___________512______________Maybe Tie

Screen___800x480______960x640 326 PPI______iPhone

Size____4.8x2.6x0.5_____4.5x2.31x0.37 ______ iPhone

Weight___6.0oz_________4.8 oz _____________iPhone

WiFI______ A/G_________A/G/N______________iPhone

Flash_____Yes___________No _______________EVO

Video_____720p 24fps ___720 30fps__________iPhone

HotSpot___Yes_________No (unless Jailbreak)__ EVO if that is actually important to you.

Camera___8MP_________5MP ____________ Now on the surface it looks like EVO, but all tests I have read states the iPhone takes better pictures. Especially in low light. Megapixel is not anywhere close to the be all end all with cameras.

Well, just looking at those doesn't equal "beating iPhone in almost every technical aspect."

Having said that I do wish the iPhone had the ability to add a external memory as the Droids do. But I can live with it. Also, once Verizon gets it I may consider switching. Although, I haven't had any drop call issues since the first iPhone. Other than the time they were doing the final merge of Cingular and AT&T and added a bunch of towers

Another thing, how are the droids with a single integrated package for syncing contacts, calendars, email accounts, photos, videos, and music? How about the Music Manager on the Computer? I am so used to iTunes, and remember the whole issue with Palm trying to piggyback ontop of it to manage music.

I am very excited for my Droid X. I'm upgrading an LG enV2 whose best feature is a 2 MP camera. Literally.

I would definitely get an iPhone if it were on Verizon, but I'm a massive Google fan and not a big Jobs fan anymore.

As for those hating on smartphones:

1) Why open the thread?

2) It's one of those things that you don't know that you want/need until you have it. I couldn't imagine NOT having a cell phone nowadays. Same with the Internet. A smartphone is jus the next step.

I got the EVO and man, there isn't much I can't do from it. It gives me complete access to everything I could want to do. Best phone I have ever owned and from what I gather, it out performs the Iphone in almost every technical aspect. I just wish it had the cards of the palm pre.

you know, i never even bothered looking into sprint, but ive heard so much about the evo. honestly, i dont care about the evo itself as much as sprints rates.

according to their site, my wife and I could have 1500 minutes to share, unlimited text, unlimited data, and nighttime calling starting at 7pm for $129.99/month.

the comparable family package with verizon costs me $40 more a month... and the unlimited nighttime calling doesnt start until 9pm... and they have a 4g phone. wow.

All these IPHONE KILLERS out there and none of them have killed the iphone yet.

Does it seem to me everyone with a EVO or whatever Driod device always hate apple? but the Iphone owners could careless about a driod or an evo.

Kind of reminds me of the Baltimore and Washington, people in Baltimore hates Washington D.C. while Washington don't pay them no mind.

As you can see I have an iphone and its perfect for what I do. Just got the Iphone 4 and man the thing is BAD ASS! Camera out performs my 3 year old Sony 7.2 point and shoot camera in picture and video quality. The phone is superfast amazing screen tons of apps. Ok let me stop BRAGGING about my apple product :ols:

you know, i never even bothered looking into sprint, but ive heard so much about the evo. honestly, i dont care about the evo itself as much as sprints rates.

according to their site, my wife and I could have 1500 minutes to share, unlimited text, unlimited data, and nighttime calling starting at 7pm for $129.99/month.

the comparable family package with verizon costs me $40 more a month... and the unlimited nighttime calling doesnt start until 9pm... and they have a 4g phone. wow.

I have sprint, started with Nextel. A little over a year ago it was time to get a new phone for my wife and I. Sprint had the best price package I could fine and went with that same package, 1500 shared/unlimited data.

I've been happy with my service and the NFL on Sprint was a selling point for me.

Glad you like it! It is sweet having a phone that does what you want/need to do. My iphone does the same for me.

Now, to say it out-performs the iPhone in almost every technical aspect. Care to elaborate?

__________ EVO_________iPHONE___________WINNER

CPU______ 1Ghz_________1Ghz______________ Tie

RAM______512___________512______________Maybe Tie

Screen___800x480______960x640 326 PPI______iPhone

Size____4.8x2.6x0.5_____4.5x2.31x0.37 ______ iPhone

Weight___6.0oz_________4.8 oz _____________iPhone

WiFI______ A/G_________A/G/N______________iPhone

Flash_____Yes___________No _______________EVO

Video_____720p 24fps ___720 30fps__________iPhone

HotSpot___Yes_________No (unless Jailbreak)__ EVO if that is actually important to you.

Camera___8MP_________5MP ____________ Now on the surface it looks like EVO, but all tests I have read states the iPhone takes better pictures. Especially in low light. Megapixel is not anywhere close to the be all end all with cameras.

Well, just looking at those doesn't equal "beating iPhone in almost every technical aspect."

Having said that I do wish the iPhone had the ability to add a external memory as the Droids do. But I can live with it. Also, once Verizon gets it I may consider switching. Although, I haven't had any drop call issues since the first iPhone. Other than the time they were doing the final merge of Cingular and AT&T and added a bunch of towers

Another thing, how are the droids with a single integrated package for syncing contacts, calendars, email accounts, photos, videos, and music? How about the Music Manager on the Computer? I am so used to iTunes, and remember the whole issue with Palm trying to piggyback ontop of it to manage music.

I'm pretty sure the EVO has N network capabilities just not yet. It has the hardware but it will be active with FROYO.

Also i'm not sure you can say the iphone screen is better. The screen is so much smaller then the EVO. I guess it depends on your size preference.

Same with the device size. You are going to have a bigger device with a bigger screen. Thats also up to the user.

Don't forget the EVO is on a 4G network with blazing speeds which you can make as a 4G hotspot.

Both have front facing cameras, but the iphone you can only use over wifi (probably can use over 3G if jailbroken, but probably looks crappy). The EVO you can use over 3G, 4G or Wifi.

EVO has Sprint TV. FTW!

EVO has NFL on Sprint. FTW!

EVO is open source.

Sprint doesn't have the NFL package anymore. Verizon has it now.

hmm. what is the NFL package. I have an NFL app I put on my phone that I can watch live NFL network and do some other things??

edit...After a google search, it looks like I loaded the NFL mobile app on my Sprint EVO and it works which is a Verizon application now. Sweetness!!!! Try that iPhone! LOL

Android has greater potential and is the smarter buy. Redskins4Lyf do you know why there's Apple hate? Because of idiots who go around bragging about the latest new thing from Apple which is barely an upgrade from the predecessor. Or even worse, the people who say "oh my God, look at this amazing new technology Apple released!" Oh wait, that technology is not new at all and has been around for years, just the media didn't slurp that company.

Why is Android the smarter buy? Why does it have greater potential? Because it is open source? I would say that being open source is actually hurting Android. If there were more strict guidelines, I think it would be even better.

I would love to know what devices you are talking about that are barely an upgrade. Apple is a company that is for the most part, on the cutting edge of technology.

Why buy the Evo when 4G is barely accessible yet? Not to mention having to pay a $10 premium for 4G service.

Android is a great OS, but upgrading the OS on every device can be tricky because not all hardware will be able to support newer versions of the OS. Overall, iOS offers the ease of use and ease of upgrade to its users. The hardware is pretty high quality as well. Everyone ****es that because iOS is a "closed" system that it is garbage. The reason that the iOS has been successful is because it is a closed system.

edit...After a google search, it looks like I loaded the NFL mobile app on my Sprint EVO and it works which is a Verizon application now. Sweetness!!!! Try that iPhone! LOL

Not an iPhone problem. It is an AT&T problem. And if the iPhone comes to Verizon, I would expect to see the same or similar NFL app available. :evilg:

The phones are pretty evenly matched.

But your list was, at best, incredibly incomplete. I mean, you take pains to point out that "higher isn't necessarily better" when it comes to camera resolution (an EVO paper advantage), but you complete forget the same lesson when discussing screen resolution (an iPhone paper advantage). Many EVO advantages don't even appear on your list although they should. Maybe you were just trying to point out where the iPhone 4 advantages are, rather than provide a complete list that would show the EVO's many technical edges.

I think a person could be very happy with either phone. To me, iPhone ownership has more material drawbacks (higher cost, no provider choice, AT&T network reputation, closed platform, more limited user experience, no swappable battery, no swappable memory cards, etc.) but EVO has its own as well (Sprint customer service reputation, UI that still has to close the last 10% gap against Apple, tight music integration if you need that). To my eye, giving up a lot of material advantages in return for that last 10% of UI silkiness would be an incredibly poor choice.

But neither of us is everyone. To each his own.

Why buy the Evo when 4G is barely accessible yet? Not to mention having to pay a $10 premium for 4G service.

??? Surely you realize that even with the $10 premium for 4G, EVO ownership is still cheaper. I mean, how would/do you feel about paying AT&T's rates?

Android vs IPhone is becoming PC vs Mac.

Personally - I LOVE my Droid Incredible. But the droid, Incredible, Evo, and soon Droid X... there are lots of different hardware.

So - which one is your pick?

If we're just evaluating the phones it's the iPhone. Honestly the hardware Apple makes is not any better than the Android phones, but the support its App store gets is unparalleled.

If the iPhone moves to Verizon then you can guarantee AT&T takes a nosedive because it is so far inferior to Verizon in coverage.

Archived