Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Android vs Iphone - Public Poll

TMK9973

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Pancakes have the best reception, this effect is multiplied when they are combined with the raw amplifying power of a rabbit's head. Pancakes are also delicious. I know for a fact that the iphone is indeed NOT delicious and the droid only mildly tastes good. Therefore, pancakes are superior. They are also cheaper, they only coat 5 bucks for a giant stack at IHOP.

seriously though, complicated phones are for tools. My ipod touch is for music and internet, my cheapo Verizon phone if for texting and calls. Two devices that together are cheaper than the trendy 3g or 4g stuff.

edit: maybe the term 'tool' is a little too broad here. Complicated phones are indicative of a possible techno-superiority complex lol

I have a BlackBerry so I'm neutral lol. I have an iPod Touch and its pretty sweet, pretty much an iPhone without the phone. One of my friends has the Droid and it seems pretty cool. I think my next phone will be a droid though. My contract ends in March so whatever the best droid out will probably be the one I get.

It seems like the iPhone has the better apps and such, but alot of people complain about call quality and the problems with AT&T. If the iPhone came to Verizon, I'd be tempted to get it, even though I'm not a big Apple fan.

Both "phones" do mostly the same stuff. This is really a poll about which handheld microcomputer you prefer for its particular collection of features and service quality. (Phone calls being only one example.)

For me, open platform > closed platform, certainly now but even more so in the future. And that's only a slight oversimplification.

seriously though, complicated phones are for tools. My ipod touch is for music and internet, my cheapo Verizon phone if for texting and calls. Two devices that together are cheaper than the trendy 3g or 4g stuff.

I may have agreed in the past - but I love it now.

Lets see - Since getting my android - I no longer have a car with Nav. I use Google maps for all directions (and since it has live traffic and gives Alt routes based on traffic, I use it probably 3 to 5 times a week, even when I know where I'm going to avoid traffic).

I use it as my primary MP3 player - which helps me carry less on me. It also has a FM tuner in it, which came in handy for listening to the Nats game by the pool yesterday.

It has a 8mp camera - Which has increased the number of pics I have with my kids. Still use my nice camera for events, but for the every day things I do with them, it's great having a 8mp camera always around.

I use it for work email. It stops me from having to boot up my laptop every time.

Now -I do use a lot of the other toys....but those I mentioned above are things that I use to either have a separate device for, or simply needed but didn't have.

Android has greater potential and is the smarter buy. Redskins4Lyf do you know why there's Apple hate? Because of idiots who go around bragging about the latest new thing from Apple which is barely an upgrade from the predecessor. Or even worse, the people who say "oh my God, look at this amazing new technology Apple released!" Oh wait, that technology is not new at all and has been around for years, just the media didn't slurp that company.

Both "phones" do mostly the same stuff. This is really a poll about which handheld microcomputer you prefer for its particular collection of features and service quality. (Phone calls being only one example.)

For me, open platform > closed platform, certainly now but even more so in the future. And that's only a slight oversimplification.

I was waiting for someone to bring up that point... that is the solution for me, and reason why I got a droid, instead of opting out and getting an iphone.... !

edit: maybe the term 'tool' is a little too broad here. Complicated phones are indicative of a possible techno-superiority complex lol

I'm glad to have that "complex" then :ols:

Android has greater potential and is the smarter buy. Redskins4Lyf do you know why there's Apple hate? Because of idiots who go around bragging about the latest new thing from Apple which is barely an upgrade from the predecessor. Or even worse, the people who say "oh my God, look at this amazing new technology Apple released!" Oh wait, that technology is not new at all and has been around for years, just the media didn't slurp that company.

Haha, did someone force an iPhone up your ass or something? :silly:

The 3GS was barely an upgrade over the 3G, but the 4th generation one is definitely a big upgrade over the 3GS.

I don't hear people running around thinking Apple creates cutting edge technology. They seem to rarely be the first adopters, but they get it right.

I'm glad to have that "complex" then :ols:

Haha, did someone force an iPhone up your ass or something? :silly:

I actually like the iPhone, it got me through Senior year of high school just playing Helicopter and trying to beat each others scores.

But Android's potential is that of John Wall.

Oh, and screw Apple. :cool:

My ipod touch is for music and internet, my cheapo Verizon phone if for texting and calls. Two devices that together are cheaper than the trendy 3g or 4g stuff.

A 32GB iPod touch is not much less than a 32GB iPhone 4. Which surprised me. You can get a 32GB at Best Buy for $269. $30 more and you get a phone on top of that.

The 8GB iPod Touch is 179, I got my 16GB iPhone for $199. Guess they don't make the 16GB iPod Touch anymore?

Though I would imaging the iPods will go down sometime soon.

I dunno, but myself, I prefer to carry one thing around with me.

I have the EVO and it blows away my iphone and I liked my iphone too. Time for change!!!

I picked up an Evo as well. It's a top-to-bottom astonishing device.

I'm utterly amazed at the breadth of capabilities in the current cutting edge of "phone" technology.

I got the EVO and man, there isn't much I can't do from it. It gives me complete access to everything I could want to do. Best phone I have ever owned and from what I gather, it out performs the Iphone in almost every technical aspect. I just wish it had the cards of the palm pre.

Will be picking up my Droid X on July 15th. Wouldn't ever consider switching to AT&T just to get an Iphone...especially after reading the features/reviews of the Droid X.

I have an order place for the Droid Incredible. Since the Droid X is coming out soon after, should I just switch my order to the Droid X.

What makes the X better then the incredible. I see the screen size is bigger but I don't know if I really want a bigger phone?

I have an order place for the Droid Incredible. Since the Droid X is coming out soon after, should I just switch my order to the Droid X.

What makes the X better then the incredible. I see the screen size is bigger but I don't know if I really want a bigger phone?

I'm not sure. Only differnce I have heard is 1 screen size (but gain, will that make the phone bigger?).

And the X will have the ability to make itself a wifi hot spot. Which is pretty cool (But will probably be Extra).

Here you go...

http://www.geeksugar.com/Droid-X-vs-Droid-Incredible-8892870

Archived