Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 NBA Free Agency Thread (Merged)

Sticksboi05

My biggest complaint about all of this is that the guys who were bandwagon Bulls fans from the Jordan years will throw out their Cleveland stuff and start talking about how they've always been Bulls fans.

I try to like the NBA, I really do, but this is the exact reason why it just isn't entertaining. A few teams are stacked and no one else has a shot.

My biggest complaint about all of this is that the guys who were bandwagon Bulls fans from the Jordan years will throw out their Cleveland stuff and start talking about how they've always been Bulls fans.

I try to like the NBA, I really do, but this is the exact reason why it just isn't entertaining. A few teams are stacked and no one else has a shot.

That's why I just follow players in the NBA. When only 7 teams (Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Heat, Pistons, Bulls, Rockets) have won the last 30 NBA titles, that just shows how bad it is. Plus 2 teams (Lakers and Celtics) have combined to win 33 of the 64 NBA titles. I'm trying to be more of a Wizards fan, but its so hard since only a few teams have a legit chance every year.

The Wizards have made it to the NBA championship game twice back to back years, and they won one championship in 1978 the end of the era in the NBA known as the "Decade of Parity", the only decade of Parity in the NBA.

Yeah, I knew they had won a title before. But its still a dumb comparison.

I had a meeting today with this British Gent, and before talking biz, we talked World Cup. He went on this rant about the England team being too many all-stars and not enough role players.

I immediately thought of Lebron's next team and how it would likely play out for them.

Even on the Bulls of the 90's. Then was Jordan and then the rest. They played off him, rarely stopped and just watched him. They knew when it was all about him, and when it was their turn.

One thing the Cavs have been awful about in the Lebron years has been stopping and just watching him play. Him squeezing the ball too much at the end of the games. And the generally lack of the focus point helping his team get better. Maybe that'll come in another town with other stars. I don't know.

The more I think about that though, how are they gonna spread the wealth? Rose is one of the fastest guard's in the league, and he creates a lot. but Bron likes to move with the ball a lot and create his own offense. Bosh also likes the ball in the post.

I guess Noah is really gonna have to fall back LOL

I don't think there is a problem sharing the ball there. Noah doesn't need the ball at all. He's Rodman 2.0. So you only have to worry about Bosh, Rose, and James. James will get his points and I don't think he is Kobe.

The issue is Bosh and Rose. Rose is the point guard so he will have the ball. That leaves Bosh. And he could be an issue. At the same time, James and Rose have high basketball IQs. They both know that you need to feed the big man. And they both watched Kobe go to three straigth finals thanks to Gasol. Bosh will have to live with getting 17 easy points a night.

I also think that Lebron James is the type of player that other guys will simply acquiesce to. Bosh would have to know that he is signing up to be Tonto and win titles. Being a max guy on a 65-team win team for the next five years should be enough to keep anyone happy. And I don't get the impression that Bosh is a bad dude.

I could see Rose chafing after a few seasons. At that point, maybe you just let him go.

The guy who does not fit in at all is Deng. They need to ship him out.

ESPN just had a segment about LeBron, Bosh and Wade meeting in Miami and discussing their future.

It would make sense considering Florida is a tax free state and a sucker team like the wizards would take Beasley in a trade for a future 2nd rounder to give them the room to sign all 3 to max contracts.

The knicks are said to offer Lebron and Bosh 12 million each this year and stock in the Garden MSG as well as another max free agent in 2011 when Eddie Curry contract expires.

I do see the bulls, Cavs and the Heat as the top 3 in the Lebron sweepstakes

Ya, that always makes me laugh. There are so many Cavs fans out there now a days, its ridiculous. I have several friends/coworkers/associates who are Cavs fans, and i'm gonna ask them all "what now" once Bron leaves. :evilg:

I had a meeting today with this British Gent, and before talking biz, we talked World Cup. He went on this rant about the England team being too many all-stars and not enough role players.

I immediately thought of Lebron's next team and how it would likely play out for them.

Even on the Bulls of the 90's. Then was Jordan and then the rest. They played off him, rarely stopped and just watched him. They knew when it was all about him, and when it was their turn.

One thing the Cavs have been awful about in the Lebron years has been stopping and just watching him play. Him squeezing the ball too much at the end of the games. And the generally lack of the focus point helping his team get better. Maybe that'll come in another town with other stars. I don't know.

It took the Bulls six years to get a team around Jordan which didn't stop and watch Mike.... I give a lot of credit for the Bulls championship teams to Phil Jackson. That's what truely rare in today's sports. Knowing how to put together a dynasty and fit them around great players. How many superstars won their first NBA championships with Jackson.... Jordan, Pipen, Kobe, Shaq, and Garsol....

That's what Lebron needs... He needs to find somebody who brings the infrastructure to build a champion with him, or got to one of the few franchises which have shown over the years they systemically can solve that problem.

It would make sense considering Florida is a tax free state and a sucker team like the wizards would take Beasley in a trade for a future 2nd rounder to give them the room to sign all 3 to max contracts.

I was thinking about that earlier today after I read another ESPN article.

If I'm the Knicks.... I offer a 2nd rounder for Beasley.

Heck, with Beasley, Gallo, 2 max free agents this year and 1 in 2011 (when Curry is off the books).... I'd put that lineup against anybody.

ND, can you imagine those 3 in Miami for the next several years? If they can put their pride aside, I think that threesome could win several rings in a row.

YES YES YES :laugh:

Heard the "rumor" this morning on ESPN, and while I normally am cautious about this sort of thing, right now I don't give a ****.

450px-larry_obrien_championship_trophy.jpg

Pat Make It Happen You ****!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jump:

Just heard a rumor on ESPN radio in New York that the Nets are trading Yi Jinlan to (wait for it)....

THE WASHINGTON WIZARDS!

Thought you kids would enjoy this.

I still think the Knicks end up with Carlos Boozer and a lot of suicidal fans.

If we haven't killed ourselves by now, we'll be ok.....

Just heard a rumor on ESPN radio in New York that the Nets are trading Yi Jinlan to (wait for it)....

THE WASHINGTON WIZARDS!

Ernie is trying to get ran out of town with this move I see. What was he thinking.

THE WASHINGTON WIZARDS!

Wizards get Yi and cash for Quinton Ross.

I love this trade. A 22 year old, 7 foot, power forward that averaged 12 points and 7 boards last year. FG% could use some work, but shot 80% from the charity stripe. Well done if true.

Wizards get Yi and cash for Quinton Ross.

I love this trade. A 22 year old, 7 foot, power forward that averaged 12 points and 7 boards last year. FG% could use some work, but shot 80% from the charity stripe. Well done if true.

maybe

I don't know how closely you guys have followed this offseason, but as a fan of one of the teams in the hunt for these big free agents, it's been exhausting. I just want it to end.

Yeah, I'm tired of the whispers, I wanna see someone sign the dotted line. Could be worse though, at least I'm not a Cavs fan, those guys have been hearing Lebron to NYC talk for the last 3 years. They've all got the gun loaded with one in the chamber. :ols:

Archived