Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 NBA Free Agency Thread (Merged)

Sticksboi05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOkxgnuwkpI&feature=channel

Well, not surprising but I don't get why he'd want to go to a city where he will never be considered the best ever.

Makes a bit of sense after the news that he wouldn't wear 23 next year. How could he now?

That said, the FA day is 4 days away from now...I don't see how anyone can say that it's a "done deal" when it's highly doubtful that all the teams that are interested have yet to put their best offers forward.

Though if it goes down, it wouldn't be a total surprise. I'm just not believing it yet.

I'm a casual basketball fan... and a Knicks fan as well.

I know that a lot of the free agent appeal with the Bulls is that they have $33M in cap space which they can now afford to sign 2 max free agents.... but also there is a solid core there already with Luol Deng, Rose and Noah.

I know Deng signed a huge deal a few years ago. But aren't Rose and Noah on their rookie deals? Which in the NBA isn't it something like only 3-4 years anyways?

What's going to happen when their contracts expire? Can the Bulls even keep those guys under the cap?

Die Hard, any chance of the Wiz shipping Arenas out to NYC?

I haven't heard a peep about it.

Who knows really. I'm sure the Knicks have about 10 contigency plans if Lebron signs elsewhere.

Right now, ESPN has reported Joe Johnson and Amare Stoudamire as Plan B.

Knicks fans aren't keen on offering JJ a max contract.

The title of this thread needs to be changed in a bad kind of way.

A) The Youtube/ESPN headline says, "New York Times reports an NBA executive says Lebron James and Chris Bosh to Bulls is "done deal"

B) The original NYT article (found here) has this headline: "Bulls May Be Front-Runners in James Sweepstakes"

This is by no means a "done deal", and reporting otherwise at this point is just wrong. This was an executive's opinion who "said he had gathered from discussions with his fellow N.B.A. executives that James was strongly leaning toward joining the Bulls in tandem with another free agent, Chris Bosh of the Toronto Raptors.

“I think it’s a done deal,” the executive said. "

Strongly leaning and signed on the dotted line are two very different things.

The title of this thread needs to be changed in a bad kind of way.

A) The Youtube/ESPN headline says, "New York Times reports an NBA executive says Lebron James and Chris Bosh to Bulls is "done deal"

B) The original NYT article (found here) has this headline: "Bulls May Be Front-Runners in James Sweepstakes"

This is by no means a "done deal", and reporting otherwise at this point is just wrong. This was an executive's opinion who "said he had gathered from discussions with his fellow N.B.A. executives that James was strongly leaning toward joining the Bulls in tandem with another free agent, Chris Bosh of the Toronto Raptors.

“I think it’s a done deal,” the executive said. "

Strongly leaning and signed on the dotted line are two very different things.

Hey, you know us fanatical sports fans, we like to jump the gun. :D

Lol @ those spoiled Cavs fans. Theres one who works at my office, who talks a lot of **** .

Welcome back to mediocrity Cleveland :ols:

To be fair, how many fans could there possibly have been in Cleveland before Lebron? Any city with that bad a team would have very few diehard fans.

To be fair, how many fans could there possibly have been in Cleveland before Lebron? Any city with that bad a team would have very few diehard fans.

I know, but when LeBron got there, everything changed. As the Cavs progressively got better each year, their fans got more and more ****y, thinking that their hometown hero would never leave them.

I feel bad for them a little.

There's no way Kobe is beating that.

Rose

Deng

Lebron

Bosh

Brad Miller

Bench: Joe Alexander, Taj Gibson, Joakim Noah, Hakim Warrick

Damn..:thud:

Well, IF this happens, the NBA would finally get what they want, Kobe vs. Lebron for the Ship. The Bulls would tear the East apart with that lineup, and I don't see anyone challenging the Lakers in the West....

Archived