Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 NBA Free Agency Thread (Merged)

Sticksboi05

Hahahahaha!

On PTI a couple minutes ago...

Wilbon: LeBatard, four team trade in the NBA, who won out the deal?

LeBatard: Push, nobody won, there are five teams that matter in the NBA, the rest are irrelevant.

Even they know...

Also, kind of messed up to celebrate Ehlo's 49th birthday by showing MJ clowning him back in 89 but then again that's his only claim to fame.

I do think they are a small market team, they certainly are not in a market that is anything close to the Knicks, Spurs, Suns, Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, Heat, Magic, 6ers and a few others. The only way the Wiz sell out is when a big name like LeBron or Kobe comes to town or if they make the playoffs.

:ols::ols::ols: 76ers big market team?

Guess you haven't really watched the NBA in the last few years.

The Wizards are not even close to being a small market team. Big market? No, not that either. When we talk about small market, were talking about teams like the Grizzlies, Kings, Pacers, Bobcats and the Hawks. The Wizards don't even come close to reaching their levels.

As much as you would hate taking your homer blinders off, their fans are more loyal than the Wiz.

Right which totally explains how the Wizards have been averaging better attendance than them for the last 5 seasons. Or is the loyalty measured by how the Sixers have been in the bottom 10 of attendance during that entire duration. Such loyal "big market" fans. :ols::ols::ols:

Do the Wizards sell out every game?

Do the Wizards fill the seats every game?

Ahhh no, you could hear a pin drop most nights if it wasn't for the glorified sound system.

Does that make them a small market team? No. When you average out into the top 15 for attendance over the last 10 years, you are not a small market team.

But continue living in your dream world where the Philly Sixers are a big market team. :rotflmao:

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance

The Wizards are in the bottom third of the league. I hate to break it to you, the next time you see Verizon center sold out is when the Heat make a visit. The DC is a huge market, unfortunately for the Wiz they're not the reason why it's a huge market for sports.

The Wiz can thank the Terps and Hoyas for DC occasionally falling into the same sentence as a "Basketball town".

You are seriously grasping for straws now. They had a bad season, some would say the worst out of any team in the league with all that happened (trading away two All Stars, Arenas getting in trouble).

The overall trend for the entire decade clearly shows you are wrong. Two bad seasons don't make a team "small market". Now please continue with the baseless hate. I guess being ranked #14 in terms of overall attendance for a time span of a decade makes you small market these days. :ols::ols: :doh:

:ols::ols:

That was my initial thought but I didn't want that to be the first response.

Yeah, I don't mind discussing the NBA or anything, my point was there's already a free agency thread, and this trade doesn't involve A) Washington or B) any player of serious note. It's a trade between 4 middling teams for players that have no real impact on anything. That was where my "who cares" reaction came from.

I hate the new 7 game format in the first round, but the Knicks were the #8 seed in 99 or 00 and made the finals.

I could have sworn when I was younger I saw a team come back from a 0-3 deficit, but I guess I am mistaken.

There have, however, been 8 teams that have rallied back from a 3-1 deficit. More recently I can think of the Heat in the 90's and the Pistons and Suns recently.

I will not argue the NBA needs to shorten playoff lengths, I was pissed when they made the 1st round best of 7

Best of 5, Denver with Mutombo came back against Seattle down 0-2, game 5 in Seattle. It was 8 vs 1. No NBA team has ever come back down 0-3.

Best of 5, Denver with Mutombo came back against Seattle down 0-2, game 5 in Seattle. It was 8 vs 1. No NBA team has ever come back down 0-3.
I agree..NBA needs to go back to the 5-7-7-7 format. Playoff season is too long with the added 2 games in the first rd. I've always loathed the 7-7-7-7 ideal when it came true in 02 or 03 I think.

The first round became best-of-7 in 2003. The reason I remember that is because that was the year when the Mavs led the Blazers 3-0 in the first round. The Blazers stormed back to force a Game 7, and even led fairly late in that game after a Pippen jumper. But the Mavs got it together to finally close out the series and advance. Eventually the Mavs got Steve Kerr'd in the conference finals.

But all the talk was about how the Mavs would have obviously completed a first round sweep by the previous year's setup, best-of-5. So it became a pretty big deal when it was tied 3-3. Not only because of the switch from best-of-5 to best-of-7, but because of a chance of a 0-3 comeback.

Miami heat facing some controversy. Haslem arrested for pot possession:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5466256

According to Miami-Dade court records, Haslem was charged with possessing more than 20 grams of marijuana, a third-degree felony which could bring maximum punishments of a $5,000 fine and a five-year prison sentence.

Will he get off? Of course he will, he is a celebrity. But this could be the start of some locker room issues.

Miami heat facing some controversy. Haslem arrested for pot possession:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5466256

According to Miami-Dade court records, Haslem was charged with possessing more than 20 grams of marijuana, a third-degree felony which could bring maximum punishments of a $5,000 fine and a five-year prison sentence.

Will he get off? Of course he will, he is a celebrity. But this could be the start of some locker room issues.

I would be disappointed too if my weed guy got busted.

This won't cause any locker room issues. Anyone that thinks it would, or could, clearly doesn't understand Haslem's role on the team and in the organization.

He is not Micheal Beasley.

Archived