Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 NBA Free Agency Thread (Merged)

Sticksboi05

Luxury tax?

Yes. But if they are as good as I think they will be, they will have a printing press in the basement so it won't matter.

My guess is that they won't be able to keep all four forever. But they should have no problem keeping three. And, seriously, if this team doesn't win 3 of the next 4 titles, something is very wrong. They are basically one white hustle shooting guard away from being a 70-win squad (on paper of course). And I don't foresee any alpha dog/attitude issues because all four seem to be great teammates. Everyone loves playing with Lebron. Noah appears to be the kind of guy who will jump in front of a car to win. Bosh seems like one of those Gasol/McHale/Pippen types who doesn't handle being "the guy" well but will thrive as the second option. And Rose is a point guard so it won't be like they can freeze him out.

Here is a time, where I don't care about the speculation. Another source says Bosh is going to land in Miami. Now the Knicks are courting Joe Johnson and Amar'e Stoudamire(play connect the dots there), which makes more sense.

Can you imagine being a Knicks' fan, watching all this terrible basketball with only the hope of 2011 to sustain you...and you get Johnson and Amar'e.

All that suffering in order to be good enough to be a 7th or 8th seed.

Yes. But if they are as good as I think they will be' date=' they will have a printing press in the basement so it won't matter.

They are basically one white hustle shooting guard away from being a 70-win squad (on paper of course). .[/quote']

:ols: That's funny, and true at the same time.

Can you imagine being a Knicks' fan' date=' watching all this terrible basketball with only the hope of 2011 to sustain you...and you get Johnson and Amar'e.

All that suffering in order to be good enough to be a 7th or 8th seed.[/quote']

The hope, at least in that scenario... is that the Knicks will get Tony Parker as well. Possible sign-and-trade for David Lee.

The Knicks are looking to get Johnson.... who is apparently very tight with Lebron. Many people believe Johnson is the key to Lebron.

Johnson is willing to take less money to sign with the Knicks... especially if the team is able to get Lebron.

Who friggin' knows... I'm just watching in the periphery.

Teams can't even talk or begin negotiations until July 1st or else be heavily fined. Oh, and that loud-mouth Steven A. Smith says it's a "done deal" that all three are going to Miami, lol. Face it, there's going to be some outrageous speculation in the coming days (LeBron to portland, LeBron to Dallas, etc.).

But anyway, either Miami, Chicago, or New York is going to be out in the cold with no big-name guy.

And people are forgetting Dirk is a free agent as well, and imo is better than Bosh and would better alongside LeBron or Wade.

Can you imagine being a Knicks' fan' date=' watching all this terrible basketball with only the hope of 2011 to sustain you...and you get Johnson and Amar'e.

All that suffering in order to be good enough to be a 7th or 8th seed.[/quote']

It's been 10 years of terrible basketball. I'm glad that I never bought into the Lebron pipe dream. But the Knicks with cap space is a scary, SCARY thing. Last time we had cap space we signed Chris Childs. How'd that turn out?

The hope, at least in that scenario... is that the Knicks will get Tony Parker as well. Possible sign-and-trade for David Lee.

The Knicks are looking to get Johnson.... who is apparently very tight with Lebron. Many people believe Johnson is the key to Lebron.

Johnson is willing to take less money to sign with the Knicks... especially if the team is able to get Lebron.

Who friggin' knows... I'm just watching in the periphery.

I'm waiting for us to waive Lee's rights (which we have to do to sign two players to the max). Once we do that, we lose any chance of using him in a sign and trade. Plus what we bring back will eat our cap, meaning we can only sign one player.

The move is Sign and trade Lee, Eddy Curry's expiring contract, Wilson Chandler, and a pick to New Orleans for Chris Paul, if the Hornets want to get out of CP's contract.

That's the pipe dream I'm living right now.

As for JJ, I read in the local paper today, that the Knicks are thinking of a sign and trade for him, so Johnson can get a SIX year max deal. Which would easily be the stupidest thing this franchise (known for stupid moves) has ever done......

I know that Knicks fans have bandied about plenty of scenarios to trade Eddy Curry's and his expiring contract... but I just can't see it. At least not until the All-Star game next season when teams change their franchise strategies.

I've LOVE for the Knicks to get Paul for that deal... that's a perfect situation in addition to acquiring 2 other max fa's. I doubt the hornets do it.

JJ is 29.. so giving him a 6-year contract would be insane. and I just don't see him as a max contract player. He said he'd take less to play in NY... and that's what I'd hold him. Otherwise, he can sign his max contract offer from the Hawks.

dude...Bron, Bosh, Rose, and Noah? GAME OVER.

The more I think about that though, how are they gonna spread the wealth? Rose is one of the fastest guard's in the league, and he creates a lot. but Bron likes to move with the ball a lot and create his own offense. Bosh also likes the ball in the post.

I guess Noah is really gonna have to fall back LOL

:ols:

No way in hell is another team going to take that dumbass contract the Wiz gave Gilbert. That was a Isaiah Thomas move.

I wouldn't say that. Someone will be left out in the cold this FA and will need to land a big name to satisfy their fan base. I could see a team with a desperate GM trading for Gil to do just that.

Lebron and Bosh playing with Rose and Noah would be pretty scary but I don't think they'd be as good as the Celtics were with their Big 3 in recent years or the Lakers are now. Now Lebron going to Miami with Wade would be another story, Wade has the heart and killer instinct of a champion. I don't know if Lebron wants to go to Miami and share the spotlight with Wade though, his ego would never allow it.

I wish we could be apart of this FA frenzy. Unfortunately trading for Hinrich killed any chance we had at landing a max player for the next two years. :(

The more I think about that though, how are they gonna spread the wealth? Rose is one of the fastest guard's in the league, and he creates a lot. but Bron likes to move with the ball a lot and create his own offense. Bosh also likes the ball in the post.

I guess Noah is really gonna have to fall back LOL

The more I think about it, that definitely would be A LOT of egos to contend with.

I know that Knicks fans have bandied about plenty of scenarios to trade Eddy Curry's and his expiring contract... but I just can't see it. At least not until the All-Star game next season when teams change their franchise strategies.

I've LOVE for the Knicks to get Paul for that deal... that's a perfect situation in addition to acquiring 2 other max fa's. I doubt the hornets do it.

JJ is 29.. so giving him a 6-year contract would be insane. and I just don't see him as a max contract player. He said he'd take less to play in NY... and that's what I'd hold him. Otherwise, he can sign his max contract offer from the Hawks.

I'm with you. Curry can pull in something huge at the trade deadline, should the Knicks need it. I would only use it for CP or someone of his ilk. Like I said, total pipe dream, but a good one to have.

I don't want JJ for any max, especially the six year one. The article I read today said that Curry would be included in that scenario, which is why I mentioned him.

I said all along, while my friends were clamoring & waiting for Lebron, that we'd end up overpaying for Rudy Gay and Carlos Boozer. Time will tell....

Y'know, it's quite possible that I concentrated really hard and managed to figure out that enigma of a message, and was asking why you thought it was impossible for someone to be a long-time Bulls fan, not what you meant by the comment. I mean, I'm a long-time Wizards fan, and they've sucked out loud for most of my life.

But it's probably more likely that I was lost like a bunch of castaways on ABC.

Dumb comparison, dude. You see, the Wizards, unlike the Bulls, have never "won" anything. The Bulls are 6-time champs. And you can't tell me that 99% of their fans from those days aren't bandwagoners. Like I said, there's no such thing as a long-time Bulls fan.:)

The more I think about it, that definitely would be A LOT of egos to contend with.

Right. that's where i was going with it. how can they make all 3 of those guys happy? I say three, because I would consider bron/bosh/rose to be sort of a "big 3," kinda like boston. Noah is good, but he ain't in the "3." still makes honorable mention though, like Rondo.

Maybe Bosh is willing to humble himself a a bit and play less of a role in order to win a few rings. cuz he was THE MAN in toronto. even though his name will be mentioned when folks talk about the powerhouse that is the bulls, he definitely won't be the big ticket. Bron Bron will get all that.

Not to mention, it's also rigged.

You know who allowed the Bulls to clear the salary cap room for two max players? The Wizards. We took one of their expensive guards, and we also took their #1 draft pick all in the name of creating the Bulls dynasty of the 21st century...

If the bulls knock the wiz out of the playoffs for the next decade with Lebron at the helm, we will only have ourselves to blame...

Coarse the Wiz were accused to creating juggernauts in Dallas and Clevelent too with our mid season trades.

:ols:

No way in hell is another team going to take that dumbass contract the Wiz gave Gilbert. That was a Isaiah Thomas move.

Yeah I would think they would have to do something like the bulls did with Hinrich and pay part of the salary in order to make a trade.

Dumb comparison, dude. You see, the Wizards, unlike the Bulls, have never "won" anything. The Bulls are 6-time champs. And you can't tell me that 99% of their fans from those days aren't bandwagoners. Like I said, there's no such thing as a long-time Bulls fan.:)

The Wizards have made it to the NBA championship game twice back to back years, and they won one championship in 1978 the end of the era in the NBA known as the "Decade of Parity", the only decade of Parity in the NBA.

Archived