Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seattle Police Officer Punches Woman On Tape in Jaywalking Incident

heyholetsgogrant

For the ppl who say a punch was wrong(but still it was justified), take a step back, have you been in that situation before? Have you gone through training on the levels of force? If not your nothing more than an armchair QB. Hindsight is 20\20.

Dude did very well, especially with a crowd gathering an talking ****.

"Hey man you are ripping her clothes"

"Quit slamming on her man."

LoL Dumb asses. He was in the right to present much more force.

LOL, ***** got everything she deserved. Bad thing is it looked like the ***** that jumped in and got punched got away? Funny that no one saw her grab him. LoL... it is probably good all that was on video.

Are you serious?

Her grab, looked like at his belt, or at least near. Well a weapon is on that belt. He said something like "she tried to grab" unclear what was said.

You are correct, with the situation he could have presented deadly force with the ppl gathering/closing + the two women hitting him.

I really don't get the people who are saying, "Oh, well he shouldn't have punched her. It would have been better to taze her."

You all have actually seen videos of people being tazed, right? Especially the ones where someone does it "just to see how it feels" and they describe it afterwards? Yeah, I'll happily take the punch instead, thanks.

I really don't get the people who are saying, "Oh, well he shouldn't have punched her. It would have been better to taze her."

You all have actually seen videos of people being tazed, right? Especially the ones where someone does it "just to see how it feels" and they describe it afterwards? Yeah, I'll happily take the punch instead, thanks.

I've never been tased, but I have been shocked. I'd rather get punched in the face.

I like where they are at the back of the car and she asks why did you hit my cousin? He replies cause she tried to grab at me(not real clear) then her and all around scream no she didn't. did they not just see what happened?

What do you expect? Those people probably think all cops are racist pigs.

By the way, would you really rather be tazed than punched?

Looks to me like those women got exactly what they asked for.

He should be completely exonerated and these women should pay the maximum fine.

~Bang

exactly. Problem with the media's perspective on this is the officer punched the woman for assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest, not just jay walking. It would've looked better if he pepper sprayed them and them and then put the tazer on them.

The use of the word b***h or any other closely related term in this thread is despicable. Highly doubt that term would be thrown around if the assailant was Caucasian. It shouldn't be thrown around at all honestly. She's a young women who made a dumb decision in this instance (and previous instances apparently). A b***h though? Give me a break ppl. Especially Sandman69. You actually seem thrilled to be calling her a b***h. WTF is wrong with you man?

And in reference to the actual punch, I don't know police protocol but *to me* it seems over the top. There have been better alternatives thrown out in this thread alone. I'm sure his training supplied him with many more

So when did jaywalking become a criminal offense? It's an infraction; you get a ticket and go about your business. Why did it come to the point he had to restrain a 17 year old girl? If you watch the rest of the video, he yokes her up in a sleeper hold. He should retire and become a boxer the next great white hope.

The use of the word b***h or any other closely related term in this thread is despicable. Highly doubt that term would be thrown around if the assailant was Caucasian. It shouldn't be thrown around at all honestly. She's a young women who made a dumb decision in this instance (and previous instances apparently). A b***h though? Give me a break ppl. Especially Sandman69. You actually seem thrilled to be calling her a b***h. WTF is wrong with you man?

And in reference to the actual punch, I don't know police protocol but *to me* it seems over the top. There have been better alternatives thrown out in this thread alone. I'm sure his training supplied him with many more

I was wondering when someone would pull the race card, congrats on being the first. Since you did, I'll add, I'll bet the black girls wouldn't have assaulted a black officer.

If the races were reversed this wouldn't have made the news.

So when did jaywalking become a criminal offense? It's an infraction; you get a ticket and go about your business. Why did it come to the point he had to restrain a 17 year old girl? If you watch the rest of the video, he yokes her up in a sleeper hold. He should retire and become a boxer the next great white hope.

I think if you watch her, you can see why the problem escalated. Somehow she doesn't strike me as the type to be non-argumentative.

~Bang

***** is way too demeaning for the way she acted.

I would have chosen black hole! :silly:

So you were there? You saw what happened between the time of her getting caught jaywalking, and when the video started with him attempting to arrest her? Wow, the news didn't even have that, you must be Batman! Oh a racist Batman, sorry! So, does racist Batman just know all, and say racist remarks or does he fight crime too? People wanna know!

I think if you watch her, you can see why the problem escalated. Somehow she doesn't strike me as the type to be non-argumentative.

~Bang

This is exactly right, anyone who actually watched the video and came to the conclusion that the officer immediately tried to arrest her is bonkers. I am not psychic (but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night), but it probably went more along the lines of:

Officer: Stop, you were jaywalking, blah blah blah your info now!

Girl: Keeps walking away

Officer: Stop, blah blah blah

Girl: Just keeps walking away or blatantly says no

This is known as obstruction of justice, if a police officer is trying to cite you and you walk away, that is ILLEGAL. It's like a really slow car chase when an officer flashes his lights, although I think that would be considered a foot chase....anyways

IMO, he didn't use enough force quickly enough. He was in a very bad situation. This could have gone very badly for him in a hurry. If you push a cop expect to be hit. Period. Saying he should have tried some other less forceful method is as stupid as saying he should shoot to wound. When met with force he should use overwhelming force to subdue the attacker.

Yes, if you accept the cops ticket and dont assault him, you simply get a ticket.

But if your friend is getting a ticket and you decide it's your place to assault a cop, you're probably going to get more than just a ticket.

I still dont think a punch was justified, but the girl wasnt some innocent jaywalker.

She wont get off scot free regardless of what happens to the cop.

These two women didn't think they had to obey the law and decided to ignore a police officer. When he followed protocol, they became combative. When he sought to restrain one of them, another attacked him. If it were one woman I be be more sympathetic. However, when two human beings are trying to engage a cop in a struggle, that cop must act swiftly and harshly to gain control.

He was in the middle of a crowd shouting and yelling. his back was to alot of people getting worked up, the punch was totally justified, he needed to back her off and do it immediately. that situation had the potential to get completely out of control for the officer.

Archived