Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Redskins Receivers Have Been Unimpressive

heliKCx17

I still think a trade is in the offing. But it won't be one where the Redskins give up a high draft choice. It could be a trade player for player.

This seems to be your pet theory lately, and I can't say I disagree. Any guesses?

:no:

Are you serious? I'm pretty sure our coaches don't need this article to "expose" our weakness, or articles like it, to know what to "fix". I highly doubt that any of them even read most of this stuff.

And if they do, you can be sure that they don't have a :idea: moment when they read it, like "Oh ****! A reporter says we have a problem, I didn't see that before, better fix it!" :doh:

Maybe you haven't figured it out, but stuff like this isn't written for coaches. :ols: Its all speculation :blahblah: from sports writers who aren't even qualified to say half of what they are saying.

If an article like this isn't based off of coaches' and players' direct quotes, in context, then it means nothing. It may as well have been written by a fan like you or I who has access to OTA's.

Hey Kurt Lazarus, What's with all the drama??

Are MK or DT like your heroes or sumthin? Well sorry to bust your bubble but they need alot of work to ever become #1 receivers in the NFL and its showing. I dont rely on analyst or sports writers for my information, I judge for myself and speak to my associates on or around the team. But hey don't take my word for it simply judge for yourself..

WE'VE GOT12 RECEIVERS ON OUR CURRENT ROSTER, BUT CAN ONLY CARRY CLOSE TO FIVE ON THE ACTIVE ROSTER!!!! Does that suggest to you that MK and DT are lighting it up out there???

Also, the next time you quote anything I type try quoting my entire post instead of chopping it up to fit perfectly as a rebuttal for your pointless sarcastic filled rant.

Noone said anything about our coaches needing anything from anyone to make a conclusion about our receivers. In fact the word "coach" doesn't even appear in my post. My original post addressed the fact that we have to many uninformed fans who assume that we are good at every position, but then when trouble comes during the season they automatically blame the head coach or QB for the failure in execution instead of evaluating the entire roster.Meaning... I'm glad this article came out to address the issue of our WR needing more improvement so that our uninformed fans can be spoon fed knowledge instead of simply booing the starting QB if the offense doesn't produce. It's the reason I mentioned Jason Campbell in my OP but somehow u failed to quote that part.

Next time you wanna just get something off your chest try the random thought thread.

HTTR!!!

Hey Kurt Lazarus, What's with all the drama??

Are MK or DT like your heroes or sumthin? Well sorry to bust your bubble but they need alot of work to ever become #1 receivers in the NFL and its showing. I dont rely on analyst or sports writers for my information, I judge for myself and speak to my associates on or around the team.

Also, the next time you quote anything I type try quoting my entire post instead of chopping it up to fit perfectly as a rebuttal for your pointless sarcastic filled rant.

Noone said anything about our coaches needing anything from anyone to make a conclusion about our receivers. In fact the word "coach" doesn't even appear in my post. My original post addressed the fact that we have to many uninformed fans who assume that we are good at every position, but then when trouble comes during the season they automatically blame the head coach or QB for the failure in execution instead of evaluating the entire roster.Meaning... I'm glad this article came out to address the issue of our WR needing more improvement so that our uninformed fans can be spoon fed knowledge instead of simply booing the starting QB if the offense doesn't produce. It's the reason I mentioned Jason Campbell in my OP but somehow u failed to quote that part.

I hope that was simple enough for ya Jack!

HTTR!!!

Sorry, but you effed up.

Here is your quote:

I'm glad this article is out so it exposes our weakness before its to late for us to fix it.

Now you're claiming that you never said the word "coach" in your post so obviously you didn't mean the coaches when you said you're glad the article is out now so that the perceived problem can be fixed by "us".

Well, if you did NOT mean the coaches when you said "us", who the hell did you mean? lol...The fans? :ols:...How exactly is this article going to help "us" fix things in the receiving unit? That's one thing your weak-ass explanation failed to actually explain.

T. O. Come on dowwwwwnnnnnn!

No!

So maybe JC wasn't the only reason our passing game was so pedestrian?

Can we not bring up the "Coach Killer".

No, just one big reason.

Maybe our WRs are not use to having the ball thrown to them. It is going to take some time.

LOL very well put... this is why I don't get the Oakland hype. He's getting put behind an equally treacherous line with an even worse receiving cast. :doh:

A candle won't shine in a black hole. Elementary physics.

Actually, a candle will shine in a black hole. It's just that the light cannot escape it for anyone else to see. Regardless, your point still applies and is enlightening. ;)

This does not surprise me. WR has been a weakness for a long time. Moss is a great WR but we have tried to use him as an Art Monk because we had no true possession WR better. Zorn's preference of ARE and Thrash over the kids stunted their development I would presume. They are still raw but seem to be expected to be in our top 3. Couple Moss who I fear is facing a possible suspension, two unproven guys, and the aging vets we are hording, our WR core is lacking.

NFL Network interviewed Joanna Krupa, a model, that teamed up with Owens on ABC's "Superstars" tv show.

She had no kind words for him whatsoever. Basically she confirmed that the guy was a total self centered jerk.

Does he have enough left in the tank to help Washington? Has he turned the page to become an uplifting force in the locker room or will he be the same old TO?

No one on earth is giving a 2nd for CP.

No one on earth would give a 4th for CP this late in his career.

Wonder who would give even a 7th rounder for CP? An about to be 29 year old RB, coming off of injury, a poor season, and is a questionable teammate -- and this is the key he's getting a salary like he's a 23 year old stud RB. Those type of players generally get released as opposed to teams giving up draft picks for them.

Man do I love all of these conjecture threads. It is only OTA's! These are nothing more than preemptive walk throughts and are designed to be part of the learning process. Let the guys get to training camp and then start to criticize.

We have no information except what is reported by the 'news' agencies, and they will sensationalize everything. Believe 10% of what is written and trust less.

Man do I love all of these conjecture threads. It is only OTA's! These are nothing more than preemptive walk throughts and are designed to be part of the learning process. Let the guys get to training camp and then start to criticize.

We have no information except what is reported by the 'news' agencies, and they will sensationalize everything. Believe 10% of what is written and trust less.

The thing is (and someone else mentioned this already), the article/blog entry/whatever apparently isn't even titled "Redskins Receivers Have Been Unimpressive" lol...the title appears to really be "Mike Shanahan to reduce minicamp from three days to two". The blurb about the receivers doesn't even USE the word "unimpressive", and is tacked onto the end of the blog entry. It reads more as an afterthought than as a serious point of concern: "The receivers aren't inspiring confidence so Shanahan's gonna focus on the receivers over the two day camp." Whoopie lol.

That little tidbit, thanks to the tireless and overzealous efforts of half the membership of extremeskins, has become "Shanahan knows Thomas and Kelly are busts and that's why he is signing so many old vet receivers!! Run for the hills!!"

Even wilder, I did a google search for the term "Redskins receivers have been", and only found one other site that mentions that this title:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494288

And the opening post in that thread is worded EXACTLY the same way as the opening post in THIS thread lol...so apparently one guy has gone to two different message boards and basically started the same thread on both sites.

Well. I could change the title to fit within rule # 10. A technicality if you will. However in this case,the OP apparently is sourcing the last part of that particular entry in order to generate a discussion about the progress,(or lack thereof),of the Redskins receivers in these OTA's to date. Hmmmm. ;)

Well. I could change the title to fit within rule # 10. A technicality if you will. However in this case,the OP apparently is sourcing the last part of that particular entry in order to generate a discussion about the progress,(or lack thereof),of the Redskins receivers in these OTA's to date. Hmmmm. ;)

Howzabout: "Redskins Insider mention concerning wide receiver progress" lol...or at least "RI: Receivers 'have not inspired confidence to this point' "...

This post is everything that's wrong with our fanbase and exactly why we've failed so hard for the past decade.

Nothing has happened yet. Not anything. Not a mandatory camp. Workouts. Barely a couple of 11 on 11s. And yet we need to call in Owens because, A) He's a god and B) We CLEARLY need help. I mean, how stupid does that sound? We haven't done ANYTHING. They're learning the playbook. If they looked like this in the season, then we'd be ****ed. And if Taylor Jacobs looked like he did in practice during the season, then he'd be Hall of Fame.

I mean, I've heard of the Chicken Littles, but THIS early? You're all out of your mind.

Oh, and haven't you heard? The season's over, anyway. Dallas is winning the Super Bowl because they look good in practice and their coach lost 30 pounds.

Woe is me!!!!!

Best post ever

NFL Network interviewed Joanna Krupa, a model, that teamed up with Owens on ABC's "Superstars" tv show.

She had no kind words for him whatsoever. Basically she confirmed that the guy was a total self centered jerk.

My wife and I accidentally watched that episode. And let me tell you... Joanna Krupa is completely identical to T.O. She's a self-absorbed, trash-talking, miserable, diva *****.

She hated working with T.O... because she saw how difficult it was to work with another human being as difficult as herself.

And this was further confirmed with her "Dancing with the stars" appearance. Her professional dance partner despised her too.

So I'll give T.O. the benefit of the doubt here -- even though I want the Redskins to have absolutely no part of T.O..... and know better that they wouldn't.

Archived