Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Orioles Thread

I'm watching, game is on MLB Network. Just watched Guthrie give up back-to-back ding dongs. One monster to Aubrey Huff into the water.

We had runner on 2nd and 3rd with no outs a couple innings ago. And guess what....we scored zero runs. That's our MO.

I'm watching, game is on MLB Network. Just watched Guthrie give up back-to-back ding dongs. One monster to Aubrey Huff into the water.

We had runner on 2nd and 3rd with no outs a couple innings ago. And guess what....we scored zero runs. That's our MO.

In the O's defense - the guy on the mound at that time has won the last 2 NL Cy Youngs and has been in the top 3 in K's the past two years.

Still - something is wrong with Timmy this year. Too much weed (or not enough)....

In the O's defense - the guy on the mound at that time has won the last 2 NL Cy Youngs and has been in the top 3 in K's the past two years.

Still - something is wrong with Timmy this year. Too much weed (or not enough)....

I think the latter. :)

Also, Guthrie was the first batter in that situation. He obviously struck out. Then Patterson struck out. Then Tejada struck out. Our team strikes out.

Luke Scott looks terrible, that little **** of the bat before he swings looks so awkward. Adam Jones dropped a fly ball today, I've also seen him **** the bed a few times this year, in the field and at the plate. He swings at everything.

I think its safe to say Adam Jones is just about back. He's been hitting much better lately, which is something we desperatley needed. Now if only Wieters would start hitting.

I dont know about this, Jones still looks lost up there. He has no approach at the player whatsoever and just takes wild cuts praying he can get a hold of something. Something hasn't clickes with him yet, he doesn't know how to work counts and get to see pitches he wants. HE is just up there hacking and Terry Crowley is obviously to blame as there hasn't been any improvement, as I am replying to this thread he just got punched out on a 1-2 count swinging at a waste pitch high fastball that most professional hitters dont even think about. I really dont see Adam turning it around this year and think he would actually be better of in the minors while he gets things figured out.

I think the latter. :)

Also, Guthrie was the first batter in that situation. He obviously struck out. Then Patterson struck out. Then Tejada struck out. Our team strikes out.

Luke Scott looks terrible, that little **** of the bat before he swings looks so awkward. Adam Jones dropped a fly ball today, I've also seen him **** the bed a few times this year, in the field and at the plate. He swings at everything.

Damn old timey baseball.

Markakis expresses frustration with team, offensive approach

“Sometimes, guys are going up there and it looks like they have no idea what they’re doing. I’m not saying that to bash guys. I want guys to be successful, I want this team to be successful, and I have to produce as well. I'm part of this. But it takes a lot more than one big bat. We definitely need that one guy who could hit you 40 home runs, but from top to bottom, you need guys getting on base. You need guys in there who have a plan, who have a clue and who know how to execute that plan and get on base. We don’t need every guy in this lineup trying to hit home runs. We’re paid to get on base and figure out how to score and drive in runs. You look at the Yankees. They have guys who can hit home runs but everybody in that lineup can get on base.”

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/2010/06/markakis_expresses_frustration.html

I'm going to the Orioles @ Padres on Saturday. You can be sure I am going to give the team an earful. I plan on posting up behind the dugout and giving them some encouragement as well as some criticism. Not saying it will do anything, but....

Glad someone is finally saying something. This is a team that people were proclaiming to contend next year. Looks like all those hopes are gone. So now when is it going to happen? 2027?

Tejada w the 1 out single and Patterson gets to 3rd.

How will we **** this up?

Kakes K's with a runner on third and 1 out, then Scott hits a hard grounder to second. Shocker!

We must have the worst avg with RISP in the history of baseball. I'm not even kidding.

Pretty much. How many games has the bullpen blown for us this year? I'd say at least 10.

12 blown saves officially.

Every couple of days, something happens where you just have to shake your head.

Tonight's comes on what should have been an RBI single by Jones. Patterson stole second during the AB, then got a decent jump on the liner, then trips over third base and is a dead duck at home. Didn't even slide. UGH.

Archived