Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Orioles Thread

Wow. What has happened to the Nats? Three weeks ago they were all the rage and being talked about being a wild card contender and going after Roy Oswalt to getting swept by the worst team in baseball. Not even "Jesus Christ" pitching for them has changed their fortunes.

Nice series by the O's and where has this sense of urgency been all year???

The O's finally win a series. I think it was 14 they had lost prior to this weekend.

Was at the game Saturday afternoon and had a great time. We were sitting in the all you can eat section. We all snuck in pints and mixed with the all you can drink sodas.

I would have walked from Richmond to see Brooks Robinson in an Orioles uniform again. Good times.

meltdown for the Nats again. I personally think the lineup needs to be mixed up a lot. Also, those middle relievers need something. Not sure "what".

Guess this is the real team right now. The one where you can't get everybody on the same page for 9 innings.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. Congrats to the O's.

Nice series for the O's with 3 comeback wins. I'm not doing cartwheels since it's just 3 meaningless games against another last-place team, but it's always nicer to win than to lose. Maybe this will shut up some of those Nats fans who think one awesome pitcher = playoffs.

Yeah ask the Royals how that has worked out haha

Haha I love when Mooney cries about Baltimore. Maybe if he could come up with a reason he hates all things Baltimore it would be understandable, but he loves to bash the O's and considers all O's fans as Ravens' fans. He seems like a bitter old man lol

Haha I love when Mooney cries about Baltimore. Maybe if he could come up with a reason he hates all things Baltimore it would be understandable, but he loves to bash the O's and considers all O's fans as Ravens' fans. He seems like a bitter old man lol

He does. It's funny since I realize it's just what he does. No one would actually believe such nonsense. Maybe he feels some guilt if he's one of the fans that jumped ship since 2005??

Speaking of managers, the ump ceremonially ejected Earl Weaver on Saturday. It was awesome.

That is funny!

No doubt.

So, does anyone know if we might see our new manager sometime soon?

I bet if they hire someone midseason that Samuel will still manage for the rest of the year and the new manager will be like an advisor for the rest of the season.

I think the frontrunners are Buck Showalter and Eric Wedge. I'd be happy with either.

54622621.jpg

I bet if they hire someone midseason that Samuel will still manage for the rest of the year and the new manager will be like an advisor for the rest of the season.

I think the frontrunners are Buck Showalter and Eric Wedge. I'd be happy with either.

I read about that idea but thought it was a little odd. So, someone like Buck Showalter would be hired and given a job "advising" while Samuel just watches the calendar until his job is lost?

I read about that idea but thought it was a little odd. So, someone like Buck Showalter would be hired and given a job "advising" while Samuel just watches the calendar until his job is lost?

Yea, because Samuel is a pro and probably understands that his interim role is probably all that it will be. JS can take it as an opportunity to gain experience towards another job, either at the MLB or MILB level, depending on the organization.

Not going to crow about a sweep of the Nats. We're still the worst team in the league.

I don't think its crowing, just excited that some of the players are starting to get it going. Especially my main man Adam Jones, he's been on a tear the whole month of June.

Archived