Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Orioles Thread

Wieters finally out of that slump. I think the announcers said he was 0-16 before that bases clearing hit.

All set up by Jones hustling down the line and forcing that error. The 3B doesn't normally play there and Gonzales at first was lazy covering because that play goes to second 90% of the time.

Went to the game Saturday night. Good game, Simon did try to give it up key groundout by Eckstein with 1 out and tying run on third. Adam Jones absolutely blasted a 2-run shot to go up 5-3. Good times, saw a fair amount of O's fans at Petco and nice to get a win. Watched the game today, saw Arrieta give up the HR to Venable today, Gonzalez with a game, Hundley hit a laser. Just not a good team are the O's. Next year.

It's the damn camouflage uniforms. How can you hit 'em where they ain't if you can't see where they are?

Honestly, those may be the ugliest uni's I've ever seen. Whoever has been designing Padres gear for the last forty years has really come up with some dogs.

~Bang

It's the damn camouflage uniforms. How can you hit 'em where they ain't if you can't see where they are?

Honestly, those may be the ugliest uni's I've ever seen. Whoever has been designing Padres gear for the last forty years has really come up with some dogs.

~Bang

Lol good point!

I agree that those unis are horrible. I understand why they do it, but it doesn't make them look any better.

Well one thing's for certain and that is MissU28 is a big fan of things that are completely irrelevant in sports and music. Case in point. look at her sig. What exactly has that guy done since Idol. Oh I know. Nobody cares.:D

San Diegans (Diegoens?) are VERY casual in their fandom.

Well one thing's for certain and that is MissU28 is a big fan of things that are completely irrelevant in sports and music. Case in point. look at her sig. What exactly has that guy done since Idol. Oh I know. Nobody cares.:D

1st place in the NL West is not what I'd call "irrelevant." Can't say the same for Washington baseball.

And I really don't care what you think about Kris Allen.

Edit: And I guess since I am a big fan of things that are completely irrelevant in sports, the Redskins are pretty irrelevant.

Are we going to best the Mets record for losses in a season? This is completely embarrasssing.

I think so. I thought I saw we're on pace to win 44 or 45 games. I mean it seems almost impossible to not lose at least 100 games.

To just lose 100 games we'd have to go 43-49

What can we say guys? I think we are all dumbfounded of the suckness that is the O's 2010 season. I had high hopes when MacFail came on board, but it looks like it will be years before we even see a team fielded that can at least post a .500 season.

We are so screwed in so many areas. If you think about it, our WHOLE infield needs to be replaced. I don't see Roberts ever being the same player he was and quite frankly I see him retiring in the very near future.

What can we say guys? I think we are all dumbfounded of the suckness that is the O's 2010 season. I had high hopes when MacFail came on board, but it looks like it will be years before we even see a team fielded that can at least post a .500 season.

We are so screwed in so many areas. If you think about it, our WHOLE infield needs to be replaced. I don't see Roberts ever being the same player he was and quite frankly I see him retiring in the very near future.

The one thing McPhail did help with is bringing in young arms. We definitely have plenty of young pitching, but that's about it. Like you said, we don't have many great IF prospects. Bell seems like he could help, but with the way our top prospects have played, who knows.

Jones, Markakis, Wieters, and Riemold seemed like they would make a great nucleus offensively for years to come. But right now, none of them are that impressive. Plus, we have no one on this team with 30-40 HR power. We have a bunch of guys that can hit 15-25 HRs, but that's it.

The one thing McPhail did help with is bringing in young arms. We definitely have plenty of young pitching, but that's about it. Like you said, we don't have many great IF prospects. Bell seems like he could help, but with the way our top prospects have played, who knows.

Jones, Markakis, Wieters, and Riemold seemed like they would make a great nucleus offensively for years to come. But right now, none of them are that impressive. Plus, we have no one on this team with 30-40 HR power. We have a bunch of guys that can hit 15-25 HRs, but that's it.

None of those youngsters are doing **** this year because there is no one that can protect them in the lineup. Luke Scott who at times looks completely lost at the plate and Tejada certainly don't strike fear into opposing pitchers. As a matter of fact I bet pitchers and catchers get together at the mound when our cleanup hitter comes up and try to keep each other from busting out laughing. We don't even have a cleanup hitter at this point.

I'll tell you who really pisses me off. Garrett Atkins. What a bust this guy has been. He looks like he couldn't give a rat's ass and is just happy to collect a check.

Archived