Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Orioles Thread

Nice K with the bases loaded.. looking good. He's doing quite well considering the opponent. (Honestly, Cano and Granderson can go fall in the harbor)

I must say it's NICE to hear at least a few Oriole fans in our stadium.

~Bang

I think Samuel is doing a great job. Picking when to run. Managing the pen. And holding players accountable. Gotta love it.

Luke gave a half arse effort and Samuel let him know about it. No way Trembley does that. He had that dumb 24 hour rule

question: I wasn't able to see Arrieta pitch so I'm only looking at the stat line but why does it seem like all our young pitchers walk quite a few batters every game? Pitch counts get high quick and they aren't getting deep enough into games.

question: I wasn't able to see Arrieta pitch so I'm only looking at the stat line but why does it seem like all our young pitchers walk quite a few batters every game? Pitch counts get high quick and they aren't getting deep enough into games.

Two BBs were intentional.

Arrieta was fighting his curveball all night, but threw a few nice sliders.

Two BBs were intentional.

Arrieta was fighting his curveball all night, but threw a few nice sliders.

Thanks. I'm getting rid of Time Warner Cable this week cause they have refused to carry MASN so unless I go to a bar, I never see games.

Hmmm....3 runs in six innings...only 6 strikeouts...4 walks. Good but not great. We can call him Strasburg lite.

*Hey, you guys invaded our thread, turnabout is fair play.;) Seriously though, kid looks pretty decent. If Matusz works out, you've got the makings of a good rotation in a few years.

Hmmm....3 runs in six innings...only 6 strikeouts...4 walks. Good but not great. We can call him Strasburg lite.

*Hey, you guys invaded our thread, turnabout is fair play.;) Seriously though, kid looks pretty decent. If Matusz works out, you've got the makings of a good rotation in a few years.

Two were intentional, and Arrieta doesn't get to K a pantywaist pitcher 2X a game! :ols:

I know you're joking, but your post brings up an interesting difference. If things pan out (big if) for Baltimore, the O's are looking at having more of a 1990s Atlanta Braves rotation with a few different guys who can be an "ace" pitching at the same time but none of them ever being the best guy in the majors. If things pan out for Washington, they have this era's Randy Johnson!

I know you're joking, but your post brings up an interesting difference. If things pan out (big if) for Baltimore, the O's are looking at having more of a 1990s Atlanta Braves rotation with a few different guys who can be an "ace" pitching at the same time but none of them ever being the best guy in the majors. If things pan out for Washington, they have this era's Randy Johnson!

You know, we do actually have a few other pitchers besides Strasburg. A couple of them are in the minors, but there are other prospects on their way. Frankly, I hope they all pan out, it would be a lot more fun to talk trash with you guys if both teams are actually good.

You know, we do actually have a few other pitchers besides Strasburg. A couple of them are in the minors, but there are other prospects on their way. Frankly, I hope they all pan out, it would be a lot more fun to talk trash with you guys if both teams are actually good.

Well, I really didn't mean that as an insult. You have a slam-dunk, best-pitcher-in-the-game guy. We don't. What we do have is numbers. We have 3-4 guys who are highly-regarded prospects who have already ascended through the minors.

I don't mean to imply that you have SS and bunch of tomato cans, but do you have anyone else in your rotation who is supposed to be as good as our Big Three? Granted, all three of our guys could suck by this time next year...but you understand the point I'm making.

Again, that wasn't meant to be me bragging about the O's as much as showing a difference in how our rotations might be set up.

Archived