Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NEED HELP! Finding Wedding Dance Songs.

HRNY4ZRNY

So Im getting married June 26th and trying to find great songs for the DJ to play.

I want a good mix of all types of songs. Having trouble finding more recent songs. Any help would be great. Hip Hop, Country, Rock, Pop...

If you could please post a YOUTUBE link so I can click and hear it. Thanks alot!

My fiance has wrote these songs on her list already.

Slow songs-

Remember When- Alan Jackson

Then- Brad Paisley

All my Life- KC and JoJo

Wonderful tonight- Eric Clapton

Unchained Melody- Righteous Brothers

Unforgettable- Natalie Cole and Nat King Cole

Everything I do- Bryan Adams

Dont Want to Miss a Thing- Aerosmith

Search wedding videos on Youtube.

I've seen everything from Bee Gees to Michael Jackson to Young MC.

Oh, and congratulations.

Thanks alot, You know alot of those sites have alot of older songs which we have alot of. Im trying to find more recent songs, they are harder to find.

My wife wanted Kenny Chesney's Me and You for the song we danced to.

We also had the chicken dance, and a few of the line dance songs that women like, the electric slide, booty call, and cha cha slide. Pick some fun songs, weddings are supposed to be fun.

We also put in a couple of polka songs for my grandparents to dance to, we asked them to help us with that.

Congratulations on your wedding!

True Companion by Marc Cohn is a killer slow love song. Very nice to dance to.

If you do Wonderful Tonight by Clapton, do the 24 Nights version, not the regular one. It is a little slower and truly gorgeous.

Oh, and congrats!

Keeper of the stars I think by Tracy bryd and this kind of love by sister hazel. Awesome songs.

Wow just listened to the sister hazel song. Just a snippet so far and I like it already! Thanks gonna DL the full version.

As a female, can I just say that I am impressed that you are taking any part in the planning of your wedding? :ols:

I can't think of exact wedding song names, but we went all 80's for our wedding reception and it was a hit, our floor was packed all night. Even my parents church friends who hardly ever dance were getting their boogie on. We also brought out retro 80's afros, sunglasses, and a million other props to get people in the mood to just go crazy. Which reminds me "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince, play it.

One suggestion I have is to pick your DJ's brains. I'm sure s/he has done a lot of weddings and knows what songs are popular. Our DJ was a friend of ours and knew what we liked, so we left the song selection up to him for the most part. But I'd definitely suggest getting your DJ involved in this decision making.

Oh yeah, and congrats!

yZ2GUhSBbL4

6ZGgsGhzjdY

Q536JTSe40M

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ACXuhQiS4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ACXuhQiS4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

q6E4Cs2H-xE

I spent way too much time pondering this before my wedding because I like to think of myself as a music afficianado. Somehow, all the "special" dances ended up being to Van Morrison songs, 50 percent of the dinner music was Sinatra, and the DJ played normal dance music for an hour and a half after dinner. And it was fine.

How it played out for us.

The wedding party was introduced to "Bright Side of the Road" by Van Morrison.

My wife and I were introduced to "Two Hearts" by Bruce Springsteen.

Our first dance was "Crazy Love" by Van Morrison.

Her dad and she danced to "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole. (His choice).

My mom and I danced to "Til There Was You" by Rod Stewart. (Her choice).

We had a couples dance countdown (longest married couple won a centerpiece) to something I can't rember. Probably Sinatra.

We didn't do The Electric Slide or Hokey Pokey or anything like that.

My buddies and I have a tradition of serenading the bride with "Thunder Road" at some point...so we did that.

The last dance was "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison.

We like Van Morrison. I like Springsteen. What can I say?

You know, I wanted to someohow include Dylan's version of "You Belong to Me" and figure out a way to work in a Joe Strummer tune. But, at some point, you realize that grandma is going to be there and your parent's friends and you try to go somewhat traditional with a personal bent.

My wife wanted Kenny Chesney's Me and You for the song we danced to.

We also had the chicken dance, and a few of the line dance songs that women like, the electric slide, booty call, and cha cha slide. Pick some fun songs, weddings are supposed to be fun.

We also put in a couple of polka songs for my grandparents to dance to, we asked them to help us with that.

Congratulations on your wedding!

Not all women like those cheesey dance songs. I will not be caught dead playing them at my wedding. I prefer instead to use a good slow song to get people out onto the dance floor, then speed it up with some classic hip hop or pop stuff, and mix some current popular stuff. IMO, a slow song is the best way to get people onto the dance floor.

I do like the idea of whatever music relates best to your family/guests' culture (polka, in your case) to get the older folks moving. Jewish and hispanic weddings have no trouble with this :ols:

IMO though the most important thing is to have music that is relevant to you and your guests. For example, I had a friend who was obsessed with N Sync/Justin Timberlake and we had a blast singing/dancing to a few classic N Sync songs at her wedding. Another friend threw in some classic Journey and that got everyone up and singing/dancing. She also played a couple classic 90's country song bc that was her thing growing up.

How about "Another One Bites The Dust."

J/K

Seriously now...

My wife's and my wedding song is an oldie, but that is because we were married 29 years ago this July.

"One in a Million You" - Larry Graham

The sad statistic about marriage is that half of them....

Last FOREVER!

Best Last Dance song is "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by the Hawaiian guy Iz. We used "Mission Impossible Theme" for the garter belt toss and "Wishing, Hoping, and PRaying" for the bouqet. For the cake we had the Dj play "Hit me with your best shot."

Archived