Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NEED HELP! Finding Wedding Dance Songs.

HRNY4ZRNY

Over the Rainbow is good. It's a Sachmo song remade very very well.

Along the same lines, "A kiss to build a dream on" was the first song to which I ever danced with my now wife. We also used it as our first dance at our wedding.

warning about sachmo's music:

save dumb dumb dummy for the divorce...though many claim the lyrics are ture after around year 2 of marriage (I of course know nothing of this). lyrics because I can't find link:

http://www.lyrics007.com/Louis%20Armstrong%20Lyrics/Dummy%20Song%20Lyrics.html

I spent way too much time pondering this before my wedding because I like to think of myself as a music afficianado. Somehow' date=' all the "special" dances ended up being to Van Morrison songs, 50 percent of the dinner music was Sinatra, and the DJ played normal dance music for an hour and a half after dinner. And it was fine.

How it played out for us.

The wedding party was introduced to "Bright Side of the Road" by Van Morrison.

My wife and I were introduced to "Two Hearts" by Bruce Springsteen.

Our first dance was "Crazy Love" by Van Morrison.

Her dad and she danced to "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole. (His choice).

My mom and I danced to "Til There Was You" by Rod Stewart. (Her choice).

We had a couples dance countdown (longest married couple won a centerpiece) to something I can't rember. Probably Sinatra.

We didn't do The Electric Slide or Hokey Pokey or anything like that.

My buddies and I have a tradition of serenading the bride with "Thunder Road" at some point...so we did that.

The last dance was "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison.

We like Van Morrison. I like Springsteen. What can I say?

You know, I wanted to someohow include Dylan's version of "You Belong to Me" and figure out a way to work in a Joe Strummer tune. But, at some point, you realize that grandma is going to be there and your parent's friends and you try to go somewhat traditional with a personal bent.[/quote']

I like that mix, sounds like an awesome wedding.

"Die without you" PM Dawn

"In the Mood" by Glenn Miller. This song is actually a big hit for dancing. I didnt think it would be that great of a song, but it got EVERYONE on the dance floor, the grand parents and everyone that age, the guests my age, and the kids. etc.

If its a Summertime wedding, throw in "Summertime" by Will Smith. Its an oldie with a good tune to groove to and a song that everyone knows the words to. Cheesy i know, but it works at the wedding.

"Look at you Girl" By Chris Ledoux... if you like Country slow songs.

Those are some off the wall obscure songs that you don'thear much at weddings, let alone at all anymore (minus the Will Smith).

Agree with Into the Mystic.... great song.

Okay, here are a few specific songs I can remember.

Husband and I and wedding party walked our of our ceremony to Fleetwood Mac "Everywhere." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bEZSKpD7oM

Our wedding party was introduced to the reception with the Goonies Theme Song:

(disregard the first 2 minutes of the video, dear Lord)

My husband and I were introduced at the reception to Hall & Oates " You MAke My Dreams Come True"

(husband wasn't too thrilled with that selection, said I was acting like this was a Tom Hanks movie :ols: )

First Dance: Glory of Love - Peter Cetera (my favorite song since I was very little kid because Karate Kid rocks, and I didn't really give a crap if the words didn't perfectly fit with a dance "we're lying here" lol)

Another one of my favorite slow songs is "Fade Into You" by Mazzy Star.

Bouquet Toss: "Love is a Battlefield" Pat Benatar

Garter Toss: "Foxy Lady" Jimmy Hendryx (I highly recommend doing the Garth dance too)

Other singers I highly recommend for the dance party:

Michael Jackson

Prince

Madonna

Bon Jovi

You only need 4-5 slow songs for the entire dance period.

Those hokie songs work for hokie people like my Dad. I told my DJ not to play them at all. My Dad made a request and the DJ came to me for approval.

You need fun stuff and silly stuff. Go to Billboard and look up the top hits over the recent years.

I am surprised at your age that you don't know current music. Even if you went as far back, as Timberlake's "Sexy Back" you would be in the ballpark.

Archived