Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should The American Flag be banned in America

Seabee1973

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The First Amendment protects heckling and talking, too.

The First Amendment protects the wearing of all flags. Equally.

If some students want to wear the Saudi flag to a New York public school, on 9/11, you want to say that "well, if it starts a fight, then the school should deal with it"?

No, I'm not saying that the US flag = the Saudi flag. I'm saying that it is permissible, in some cases (I could see it argued either way in this one), for there to be rules restricting free expression when people think it's intended/likely to lead to violence.

Thats exactly the type of a situation I was thinking about...actually I was thinking about the Vietnam flag back in the 70s, but still.

Wearing the flag isn't whats starting the fight. If that were true, then there would be other issues going on. But its the other actions associated with it. There are school rules against certain types of behavior and treatment of others. And if the kids (who happened to be wearing the flags) were behaving unruly and violating other rules, then they should have been suspended. If they were not, then they should have been left alone.

Simply because they chose not to observe cinco de mayo doesn't mean they've done anything wrong.

If they were burning it, would you still be defending them?

If somebody was burning an American flag in America, they should be punished for:

A. Doing something that stupid

B. Disrespecting the flag

This is just as stupid as banning the Redskins logo from FedEx because a couple of Cowboys and Skins fan start fighting in the parking lot.

If "supposedly" is all that is required to try and make a point, we're sunk.

You can "suppose" anything, and as long as they keep "supposing" then the sheep will continue to believe a percentage of the suppositions to be true, or based in truth.

That is how propaganda works. Imagine that!

Don't be so damned stupid to be afraid of the big meanies supposedly trying to ban our flag.

Honestly, if there was ever a more obvious boogeyman I don't know what it is.

~Bang

Im not afraid of the liberals trying to ban our flag

So your saying if MSNBC had a poll saying Should abortion be banned and 60 percent said yes that most people would want abortion Banned?

Im not afraid of the liberals trying to ban our flag

So your saying if MSNBC had a poll saying Should abortion be banned and 60 percent said yes that most people would want abortion Banned?

I think abortion and banning the flag are so completely different that I find it hard to believe you used it in comparison. In truth, I'm confused as to the point you're making in context with the original poll.

Abortion is about a 50-50 split in this country in terms of those for and against. (I'm not going to dicker numbers if my estimate is off) Either way, that is a political issue with legs, for lack of a better term. There's a real debate there.

The number of people who make "banning the flag" an issue are such a small tiny insignificant minority that it is absolutely laughable that ANYONE could believe that they could ever EVER EVER gain enough political clout to ever EVER EVER even TRY to get the flag banned ANYWHERE in the United States. Nevermind that even if they DID manage to get the flag banned someplace it would be reversed so fast their heads would spin.

They would make more sense if they told me they were afraid that UFOs were watching and preparing a strike against Planet Earth using ants as our executioners. After all, they outnumber us by the ****ing BILLIONS..

What's next? Some commie **** going to ban LUNCH?

~Bang

The First Amendment protects heckling and talking, too.

The First Amendment protects the wearing of all flags. Equally.

If some students want to wear the Saudi flag to a New York public school, on 9/11, you want to say that "well, if it starts a fight, then the school should deal with it"?

No, I'm not saying that the US flag = the Saudi flag. I'm saying that it is permissible, in some cases (I could see it argued either way in this one), for there to be rules restricting free expression when people think it's intended/likely to lead to violence.

You are completely correct, regarding the Constitution good sir.

However in this great land, the flag has a right to be flown. Now talking, while protected by the constitution, is also regulated by mitigating circumstance, the law, etc.

Just had a thought... Now, when we speak of the American flag are we talking about North America, Central America, or South America?

We've been all jumping to a conclusion. Perhaps, FOX was asking if we should ban the flag of Canada or Guatemala or Chile? I mean there are many American flags, after all. Maybe FOX wanted to see how many U.S. citizens wanted to ban every American flag other than the U.S. flag?

I disagree.

Even if the kids were trying to start a fight, so what. As a principal, your job is to deal with it. And suspending them for wearing a flag is not a way to deal with it. What the students did wrong isn't wearing a flag (first amendment), its the heckling and talking that allegedly went on along with it. And if they were suspended for that, then its a different story. But to openly say that you suspended guys for wearing an American flag in America because they were likely to start a fight? Nah, I'm not buyin it.

If the kids in question were trying to antagonize other students in to fighting, then they were sent home for that, not for wearing a flag.

That is a big IF no doubt, but it is a question some of us have.

If the kids in question were trying to antagonize other students in to fighting, then they were sent home for that, not for wearing a flag.

Makes sense. There is always more to the picture than they show on fox.

yeah, but you can't send me home because of what I might do. The first amendment means something in this country. if the kids had said something or done something against the rules, then cool.

If the kids who wore the flags had gone to school and some other kids were offended and started a fight, then the kid who started the fight should be in trouble. We can't take preemptive action like this and call it fair.

yeah, but you can't send me home because of what I might do. The first amendment means something in this country. if the kids had said something or done something against the rules, then cool.

Again, if the kids had been wearing Saudi flags, in New York City, on 9/11 . . .

Your response is "well, I must respect their First Amendment rights until after there's a fight"?

If the kids who wore the flags had gone to school and some other kids were offended and started a fight, then the kid who started the fight should be in trouble. We can't take preemptive action like this and call it fair.

Actually a school can and should send kids home who are trying to start fights. That's one of the ways they can avoid having fights.

I don't know if that were the case. I've said that before and I'll state it again, I don't know. However I have seen teenagers use all sorts of nonsense to try and antagonize each other, and I've seen parents spew all sorts of BS defending their kids.

It's just a question I have that I know I'll never get a positive answer to.

That's pretty wild. Since FOX is a conservative channel and receives a majority of their viewership from conservatives... it's shocking to think that it's possible that over 50% of conservatives want to ban the U.S. Flag.

This maybe true or liberals decided to go into there site and vote to make conservatives look bad.:D

Archived