Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sun: Noah's ark found in Turkey:

Thiebear

Well darnit, then this could have been anybody's ark! So frustrating.

With so many boats floating around during the Great Flood, it's going to be hard to prove that this one was Noah's. One imagines that some of the other arks' owners went with the the "one of each animal" idea too, so the dinosaur bones at the site won't be of much assistance.

Weren't these things licensed? I don't understand why otherwise intelligent researchers can't just check the VIN against the one listed in the Bible. :whoknows:

You saw a ship with black sails, that sails faster than the wind, crewed by pirates who can't be killed, and who never leave any survivors?

How convenient that it was "found" by Noah's Ark International Ministries, lol.

My question is, if they find a boat 13,000 ft. up on Ararat, how do they plan to PROVE it was Noah's Ark and not Joe Blow's insanely large fishing boat?

No doubt some local fisherman out for a pleasure cruise, at night, in eel-infested waters.

The pictures and smartass remarks in this thread have me LOL'ing.

Well then Achheology doesn't "prove" anything. Ever.

If indeed it is a wooden structure on a mountain top, and it's not a building, you would be hard pressed to "prove" what it is. I can think of nothing I would like more than to hear your theories of what it could be, lol.

What is achheology?

Archeology?

You're right, archeology, IMO, doesn't scientifically "prove" a lot of things. It definitely helps us better understand historical events and civiliations, but as for surefire proof of things, particularly when it comes to the Bible, I don't think it does so.

Instead, it makes it more probable that something occured. It makes some stories "highly likely," but not 100% definitive proof.

And as for my theory about this whole thing? The only theory I have is that this claim made by an "international ministry" with an obvious agenda is 99.9% likely to be complete BS...

I think you're wrong on this.. They found his Captain's hat still in the wheel house with Noah monigramed into the brim..

See, there ya go. That's the proof I want!!! :ols:

absolutely no need to quote all that text from Rudechain's post, Ry, ya giant dipstick. AND it's against the rules (#11). :).

The Cree Indians where I am from have a great flood story as well, they were told to go as high up in the mountains as they could and wait for the water to recede. There is also another creation myth where the otter dove down and grabbed some mud that created the earth..

Its pretty interesting how many peoples have these myths ofa great flood, sort of makes you wonder.

Q. Which animal on Noah's Ark had the highest level of intelligence?

A. The giraffe.

Q. Why did Noah have to punish and discipline the chickens on the Ark?

A. Because they were using "fowl" language.

Q. On the Ark, Noah probably got milk from the cows. What did he get from the ducks?

A. Quackers.

Q. When was the first meat mentioned in the Bible?

A. When Noah took Ham into the ark.

Q: Who was the greatest financier in the Bible?

A: Noah - he was floating his stock while everyone else was in liquidation.

Q: What kind of lights were on the ark?

A: Floodlights.

Q: Did all the animals on the ark come in pairs?

A: No the worms came in apples.

Q: Why didn't Noah go fishing?

A: He only had two worms!

Q: How do we know that they played cards in the ark?

A: Because Noah sat on the deck.

Q: What animal could Noah not trust?

A: The Cheetah.

Q: What money did Noah carry into the ark?

A: Bucks and doe.

I must be missing something in the video or the article because it's not even determined that it's a boat... and they're calling it Noah's Ark?

I think most believe that the Ark may have ended in Turkey, for various reasons.

It's been speculated to be up on a mountain many times. Anything that old and that high couldn't have been built as a permanent settlement. At least I think that's their thinking.

Dang. My mom's cooked up some big birds for Thanksgiving, but none capable of concealing Noah's Freaking Ark.

I call drumstick.

I think most believe that the Ark may have ended in Turkey, for various reasons.
Mostly because they spent the previous 40 days and 40 nights in Hungary.

For some reason, I find myself getting Hungary for Turkey.

Well darnit, then this could have been anybody's ark! So frustrating.

With so many boats floating around during the Great Flood, it's going to be hard to prove that this one was Noah's. One imagines that some of the other arks' owners went with the the "one of each animal" idea too, so the dinosaur bones at the site won't be of much assistance.

Weren't these things licensed? I don't understand why otherwise intelligent researchers can't just check the VIN against the one listed in the Bible. :whoknows:

Or all those stories could be based off of one true story

They are checking the VIN LOL

A friend and myself was talking about Noah a couple of days ago. I have a hard time believing 40 days of rain can flood the entire earth. Most geologist tell you that there would be evidence if such an event happened. I've also heard that it would have been humanly impossible to build a boat of that size in those days. And another point, forget about Adam and Eve, if Noah's flood killed everyone on Earth, EVERYONE would trace their ancestory back to Noah's Arch. I also don't believe this man collected EVERY animal on the planet. You mean to tell me he went to the arctic and rounded up a couple of polar bears and considering this was about 5,000 years ago, did he even know polar bears existed?

Of all the stories of the bible, this is the one that I find very hard to believe.

it wasnt something he built quick it took a few years. Noah was a descendant of Adam so we are still descendants of not only Noah but Adam also

The animals came to him not him rounding up all the animals, most likely at the time the continants were together

There are many stories similar to Noah and the great flood through many civilizations or cultures. Perhaps it was not a global flood but a regional one?

I don't know as I was not there, but the story of Utnapishtim very closely resembles the story of Noah.

Why send a rainbow to tell the world you will never destroy it agasin with a local flood?

Archived