Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sun: Noah's ark found in Turkey:

Thiebear

My heathenism days are numbered.. Will have to believe if they find

a boat that DNA tests right and there were 2 of the animals...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2949640/Noahs-Ark-found-in-Turkey.html

THE remains of Noah's Ark have been discovered 13,000ft up a Turkish mountain, it has been claimed.

A group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers say they have found wooden remains on Mount Ararat in eastern Turkey.

They claim carbon dating proves the relics are 4,800 years old — around the same time the ark was said to be afloat.

ark380_1032747a.jpgBiblical tale ... Noah filled the ark with two of each animal species

Yeung Wing-Cheung, from the Noah's Ark Ministries International research team, said: "It's not 100 per cent that iis Noah's Ark, but we think it is 99.9 per cent that this is it."

Dig

He said the structure contained several compartments, some with wooden beams, that they believe were used to house animals.

The group of evangelical archaeologists ruled out an established human settlement on the grounds none have ever been found above 11,000ft in the vicinity, Yeung said.

Local Turkish officials will ask the central government in Ankara to apply for UNESCO World Heritage status so the site can be protected while a major archaeological dig is conducted.

The biblical story says that God decided to flood the Earth after seeing how corrupt it was.

He then told Noah to build an ark and fill it with two of every animal species.

After the flood waters receded, the Bible says, the ark came to rest on a mountain.

Many believe that Mount Ararat, the highest point in the region, is where the ark and her inhabitants ran aground.

especially 2 Chupacabra's

Interesting if true,but there have been numerous reports before.

Didn't Lenard Nemo find it in Turkey in the mid 1970's... "In Search of"?

Maybe these guys could have saved themselves some time and just watched the re-runs.

By the way... They faked the photograph.

I won't confirm or deny this story, but the Ark tale is not only in the bible. Many cultures had similar stories.

Southwest Tanzania

Once upon a time the rivers began to flood. The god told two people to get into a ship. He told them to take lots of seed and to take lots of animals. The water of the flood eventually covered the mountains. Finally the flood stopped. Then one of the men, wanting to know if the water had dried up let a dove loose. The dove returned. Later he let loose a hawk which did not return. Then the men left the boat and took the animals and the seeds with them.

China

The Chinese classic called the Hihking tells about "the family of Fuhi," that was saved from a great flood. This ancient story tells that the entire land was flooded; the mountains and everything, however one family survived in a boat. The Chinese consider this man the father of their civilization. This record indicates that Fuhi, his wife, three sons, and three daughters were the only people that escaped the great flood. It is claimed, that he and his family were the only people alive on earth, and repopulated the world.

Babylon

Gilgamesh met an old man named Utnapishtim, who told him the following story. The gods came to Utnapishtim to warn him about a terrible flood that was coming. They instructed Utnapishtim to destroy his house and build a large ship. The ship was to be 10 dozen cubits high, wide and long. Utnapishtim was to cover the ship with pitch. He was supposed to take male and female animals of all kinds, his wife and family, provisions, etc. into the ship. Once ship was completed the rain began falling intensely. The rain fell for six days and nights. Finally things calmed and the ship settled on the top of Mount Nisir. After the ship had rested for seven days Utnapishtim let loose a dove. Since the land had not dried the dove returned. Next he sent a swallow which also returned. Later he let loose a raven which never returned since the ground had dried. Utnapishtim then left the ship.

Chaldean

There was a man by the name of Xisuthrus. The god Chronos warned Xisuthrus of a coming flood and told him to build a boat. The boat was to be 5 stadia by 2 stadia. In this boat Xisuthrus was to put his family, friends and two of each animal (male and female). The flood came. When the waters started to recede he let some birds loose. They came back and he noticed they had mud on their feet. He tried again with the same results. When he tried the third time the birds did not return. Assuming the water had dried up the people got out of the boat and offered sacrifices to the gods.

India

A long time ago lived a man named Manu. Manu, while washing himself, saved a small fish from the jaws of a large fish. The fish told Manu, "If you care for me until I am full grown I will save you from terrible things to come". Manu asked what kind of terrible things. The fish told Manu that a great flood would soon come and destroy everything on the earth. The fish told Manu to put him in a clay jar for protection. The fish grew and each time he outgrew the clay jar Manu gave him a larger one. Finally the fish became a ghasha, one of the largest fish in the world. The fish instructed Manu to build a large ship since the flood was going to happen very soon. As the rains started Manu tied a rope from the ship to the ghasha. The fish guided the ship as the waters rose. The whole earth was covered by water. When the waters began subsiding the ghasha led Manu's ship to a mountaintop.

Australia

There is a legend of a flood called the Dreamtime flood. Riding on this flood was the woramba, or the Ark Gumana. In this ark was Noah, Aborigines, and various animals. This ark eventually came to rest in the plain of Djilinbadu where it can still be found. They claim that the white mans story about the ark landing in the middle east is a lie that was started to keep the aborigines in subservience. This legend is undoubtedly the product of aboriginal legends merging with those of visiting missionaries, and there does not appear to be any native flood stories from Australia.

Europe

Greece

A long time ago, perhaps before the golden age was over, humans became proud. This bothered Zeus as they kept getting worse. Finally Zeus decided that he would destroy all humans. Before he did this Prometheus, the creator of humans, warned his human son Deucalion and his wife Pyrrha. Prometheus then placed this couple in a large wooden chest. The rains started and lasted nine days and nights until the whole world was flooded. The only thing that was not flooded was the peaks of Mount Parnassus and Mount Olympus. Mount Olympus is the home of the gods. The wooden chest came to rest on Mount Parnassus. Deucalion and his wife Pyrrha got out and saw that everything was flooded. They lived on provisions from the chest until the waters subsided. At Zeus' instruction they re-populated the earth.

Mexico

The Toltec natives have a legend telling that the original creation lasted for 1716 years, and was destroyed by a flood and only one family survived.

Aztec- A man named Tapi lived a long time ago. Tapi was a very pious man. The creator told Tapi to build a boat that he would live in. He was told that he should take his wife, a pair of every animal that was alive into this boat. Naturally everyone thought he was crazy. Then the rain started and the flood came. The men and animals tried to climb the mountains but the mountains became flooded as well. Finally the rain ended. Tapi decided that the water had dried up when he let a dove loose that did not return.

United States

The Ojibwe natives who have lived in Minnesota USA since approximately 1400AD also have a creation and flood story that closely parallels the Biblical account. "There came a time when the harmonious way of life did not continue. Men and women disrespected each other, families quarreled and soon villages began arguing back and forth. This saddened Gitchie Manido [the Creator] greatly, but he waited. Finally, when it seemed there was no hope left, Creator decided to purify Mother Earth through the use of water. The water came, flooding the Earth, catching all of creation off guard. All but a few of each living thing survived." Then it tells how Waynaboozhoo survived by floating on a log in the water with various animals.

Ojibwe - Ancient native American creation story tells of world wide flood.

Delaware Indians - In the pristine age, the world lived at peace; but an evil spirit came and caused a great flood. The earth was submerged. A few persons had taken refuge on the back of a turtle, so old that his shell had collected moss. A loon flew over their heads and was entreated to dive beneath the water and bring up land. It found only a bottomless sea. Then the bird flew far away, came back with a small portion of earth in its bill, and guided the tortoise to a place where there was a spot of dry land.

Inca

During the period of time called the Pachachama people became very evil. They got so busy coming up with and performing evil deeds they neglected the gods. Only those in the high Andes remained uncorrupted. Two brothers who lived in the highlands noticed their llamas acting strangely. They asked the llamas why and were told that the stars had told the llamas that a great flood was coming. This flood would destroy all the life on earth. The brothers took their families and flocks into a cave on the high mountains. It started to rain and continued for four months. As the water rose the mountain grew keeping its top above the water. Eventually the rain stopped and the waters receded. The mountain returned to its original height. The shepherds repopulated the earth. The llamas remembered the flood and that is why they prefer to live in the highland areas.

Didn't Lenard Nemo find it in Turkey in the mid 1970's... "In Search of"?

Maybe these guys could have saved themselves some time and just watched the re-runs.

By the way... They faked the photograph.

could you source that please?

I never heard the photo was faked.

I won't confirm or deny this story, but the Ark tale is not only in the bible. Many cultures had similar stories.

Well darnit, then this could have been anybody's ark! So frustrating.

With so many boats floating around during the Great Flood, it's going to be hard to prove that this one was Noah's. One imagines that some of the other arks' owners went with the the "one of each animal" idea too, so the dinosaur bones at the site won't be of much assistance.

Weren't these things licensed? I don't understand why otherwise intelligent researchers can't just check the VIN against the one listed in the Bible. :whoknows:

Well darnit, then this could have been anybody's ark! So frustrating.

With so many boats floating around during the Great Flood, it's going to be hard to prove that this one was Noah's. One imagines that some of the other arks' owners went with the the "one of each animal" idea too, so the dinosaur bones at the site won't be of much assistance.

Weren't these things licensed? I don't understand why otherwise intelligent researchers can't just check the VIN against the one listed in the Bible. :whoknows:

That was funny. thanks for the laugh.

But with so many stories of a "great flood" I believe it lends credence to the premise that something did happen. Was it a global catastrophe or several localized or regional floods that inspired so many stories?

How convenient that it was "found" by Noah's Ark International Ministries, lol.

My question is, if they find a boat 13,000 ft. up on Ararat, how do they plan to PROVE it was Noah's Ark and not Joe Blow's insanely large fishing boat?

ding!

I'm sorry, that guy is "99.9%" sure he's got the right boat because it's approximately the right age and has a couple wooden compartments?

Riiiiiight

In spite of all the joking, if this is proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be real, it will not only be the greatest archelogical discovery in history, it may very well change the entire world. This is absolutely fascinating.

At one time I'd have agreed, but the same was said of discovering evidence for water and past life on Mars. It was going to shake the foundations of Christianity.

Though we've found clear evidence of surface water on Mars and there's a trickle of evidence for past life there, there have been no major rumblings whatsoever in the religious community. I think clear evidence of life on Mars would just lead to an adaptation. The line would be, "God and life on Mars aren't mutually exclusive."

And discovering a Noah-era boat on a mountaintop would lead to the same thing: adaptation. In fact, I don't think you could ever get past the reasonable-doubt standard. Given that plenty of reasonable doubters accept none of the Bible's more grandiose claims at face value, all arguments would have to be 100% scientific and 0% religious.

Also, I recall that God said he wasn't going to scatter any conclusive proof of this sort on Earth, so as to preserve the value of faith in his measure of men. Kinda rules out the proof angle.

A friend and myself was talking about Noah a couple of days ago. I have a hard time believing 40 days of rain can flood the entire earth. Most geologist tell you that there would be evidence if such an event happened. I've also heard that it would have been humanly impossible to build a boat of that size in those days. And another point, forget about Adam and Eve, if Noah's flood killed everyone on Earth, EVERYONE would trace their ancestory back to Noah's Arch. I also don't believe this man collected EVERY animal on the planet. You mean to tell me he went to the arctic and rounded up a couple of polar bears and considering this was about 5,000 years ago, did he even know polar bears existed?

Of all the stories of the bible, this is the one that I find very hard to believe.

At one time I'd have agreed, but the same was said of discovering evidence for water and past life on Mars. It was going to shake the foundations of Christianity.

Though we've found clear evidence of surface water on Mars and there's a trickle of evidence for past life there, there have been no major rumblings whatsoever in the religious community. I think clear evidence of life on Mars would just lead to an adaptation. The line would be, "God and life on Mars aren't mutually exclusive."

And discovering a Noah-era boat on a mountaintop would lead to the same thing: adaptation. In fact, I don't think you could ever get past the reasonable-doubt standard. Given that plenty of reasonable doubters accept none of the Bible's more grandiose claims at face value, all arguments would have to be 100% scientific and 0% religious.

Also, I recall that God said he wasn't going to scatter any conclusive proof of this sort on Earth, so as to preserve the value of faith in his measure of men. Kinda rules out the proof angle.

Mars never caused a stir in the religious community because the Bible never rules out Alien life.

Nevertheless, I agree that the proof beyond doubt will be nearly impossible. I still think this find (if it is what it says) is going to make some people re-evaluate their whole way of thinking. I am completely fascinated by it myself.

Archived