Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread

Jofizz

? I'm a Reds fan, commenting that bases loaded in that situation means it was most likely game (as it was) then I commented that the Nats look like they could have something this year.

Love watching Arroyo. And Phillips is the type of player you hate and respect at the same time. Just my comments on your squad.

---------- Post added April-13th-2012 at 11:25 PM ----------

You're correct. At least about the Reds. Dusty Baker just wants his paycheck.A decent manager could have this roster at least looking formidable. Blah, sorry, it's been a tight few games.

And just curious, what's the deal with Baker? Why are you mad at him?

His hitting book is the best booking on hitting I've ever read on the subject. Was an absolute beast after someone gave it to me way back when. Cant recommend it enough.

http://www.amazon.com/You-Teach-Hitting-Dusty-Baker/dp/0940279738/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334373775&sr=8-1

well that explains it. sorry for your loss.

Haha, it's cool, I just jumped in the thread right before a loss. Formal intro, I'm a Reds fan and I'm miserable because of it.

GACOLB-

This was Arroyo's best outing in some time. As for BP, I love having him on, I just think Walt way over paid for him, seeing that he'll be 31 before the All-star break.

As for the nats, I was lurking yesterday and someone made the comment that they could have the best rotation in the NL/Baseball. I'm not sold on 'best', but they sure as heck are up there, I've just got a feeling that the Reds are off to a slow offensive start (at least that's what the Homer in me is saying)

Here's to no injuries over the next 2. (or the next 155 for that matter. lol)

As for Dusty: he's probably just a scapegoat, but I hate that he sticks to guys like ludwick when theres a young and potential up-and-comer on the bench. And the fact that he doesn't put Chapman in the starting 5 KILLS me.

It's still too early to be making bold predictions, but I like what I see so far from us keeping opponents scoring low. As long as we score more, we win, but that's like playing with fire in this league. Hard not to like first place, just right now I'm lookin forward to sweeping my dad's Yankees. Three game set in DC mid-June. Destroy Destroy :D

Why am I still watching the Wizards over the Nats when they're both on? Why can I not stop watching basketball?

The better question is why can't you stop watching horrible basketball? It's one thing to watch two solid NBA teams, but to watch the Wizards only score 65 points and get blown out by 40 is a complete and utter waste of time. I would rather watch paint dry than watch the Wizards.

There's no reason why any Nats fan would be watching the Wizards over the Nats right now.

The better question is why can't you stop watching horrible basketball? It's one thing to watch two solid NBA teams, but to watch the Wizards only score 65 points and get blown out by 40 is a complete and utter waste of time. I would rather watch paint dry than watch the Wizards.

There's no reason why any Nats fan would be watching the Wizards over the Nats right now.

As far as I'm concerned, when the NCAA Tourny ends, basketball season ends. I wish the Wizards well, but I don't follow them.

The Nats, though, are really going to be something special (if they aren't already). They just need to start hitting earlier in the game.

I enjoy pain apparently. I love basketball and am still obsessed at this point. Once it's over, my head can clear and I'll get into baseball mode.

Why am I still watching the Wizards over the Nats when they're both on? Why can I not stop watching basketball?

Between the NHL playoffs, Nationals baseball and Wizards basketball it's pretty easy which is irrelevant. It's one thing to be bad but to be bad and not fun to watch just sucks. The Nationals have been fun to watch even when they were bad.

Okay Nats fans... I have two Nats 59FIFTY hats, but I got them years ago before the current incarnation of being totally flat billed. They fit my head fairly well and I like them, but no current 59FIFTY fits my head right. And they all look ridiculously goofy on me.

Does anyone know where I can get a flex fit Nats hat that looks exactly like their gameday hats? I like black, too, but the red or navy would be sweet. Even one that said DC instead of the W would be cool. My Nats hats are getting beat up pretty bad haha

KDawg, I am hoping that you know about this store/website?

http://www.lids.com/MLB/Washington-Nationals/Hats

I do, but none of them really seem like they look like the game day hats. I checked there and nationals.com.

I'm coming to DC in June, though, so maybe I'll just check out the Nats team store. Think I'm gonna go to the Braves/Nats game that weekend.

Although this hat: http://www.lids.com/MLB/Washington-Nationals/20108174 looks good...

This one is cool too: http://www.lids.com/MLB/Washington-Nationals/20246238

Might have to order one or both of those for the time being.

Archived