Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread

Jofizz

I'm not, haven't been a particular fan of Desi in the past. Always wanted him to succeed, team to win, but critical of him. Just felt he was off. The errors in the field became laughable and before the start of 2012, he wasn't particularly that great or even that good at the plate.

And I'm still looking forward to what Lombo and Espi can do as a tandem. Yet, Desi has apparently gotten hold of something.

He's had a great start to 2012. He's hot at the dish and maybe it's his year. "Maybe he's grown" – the optimist in me says.

Part of me believes things will even out for him over the course of the year, they have to - it's baseball. The average will come down, he'll still chase low sinking chairs in the dirt or sliders away. The fielding, I'm afraid is so muscle memory that I expect his errors may always surface at certain times throughout his career - hope I'm wrong on that too.

And to be honest, the only reason I'm compelled to give him props now is because of his work at the plate – .441 OBP / .406 AVG.

He deserves it because he's earned it.

As long as the OBP stays up, I'll be forced to bite my tongue. So keep "it up," Desi – as Roy Batty once said to Deckard.

So while the good vibes roll, I, for a second, relinquish my consternation on the SS and leadoff man.

So, cheers to Desi.

Well yeah obviously Desi's average will go down, as Bubble Screen would say "no chance" he hits .400 for the season. But it looks like he may finally be getting it as the leadoff guy. Espinosa is walking a lot more so far this year too.

The offense will struggle for the first couple of months as Zimmerman is always a slow starter, but he'll heat up just as Morse returns and then we'll be off and running. That's not even factoring in the potential of Harper being in the lineup.

well those guys are gonna play a majority of games this season. they might sit maybe 1 game every 2 weeks at best

---------- Post added April-13th-2012 at 06:25 PM ----------

The Nationals have had 19 PAs with a man on third and less than 2 outs. They've gotten only 2 hits, both singles, and struck out 8 times while only drawing 1 walk. They have 2 sacrifice flies, which is the same amount they've grounded into a double play.

Now the IF defense is failing JZ. Back to back errors that should have ended the inning.

---------- Post added April-13th-2012 at 08:50 PM ----------

Gets out unscathed. Too bad he'll probably get another L. Guy cannot get any run support.

---------- Post added April-13th-2012 at 08:55 PM ----------

Branson Arroyo is on point.

---------- Post added April-13th-2012 at 09:13 PM ----------

TIE GAME! Soon as Arroyo gets pulled, Nady goes yard!

Dusty Baker :ols:

Archived