Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread

Jofizz

So moving forward, how much of a concern is Lidge at Closer? Even in the opener against the Cubs he almost blew it and today he did blow it(albeit if Davey played Zimm at the bag instead of off like FP was saying maybe he makes those plays). Storen ain't walking through that door for another couple of months and H-Rod is just as erratic. I wouldn't mind seeing Clippard shifted to the closer role, or maybe have a closer by committee and just use Clippard whenever the opponent's best hitters are coming up.

So moving forward, how much of a concern is Lidge at Closer? Even in the opener against the Cubs he almost blew it and today he did blow it(albeit if Davey played Zimm at the bag instead of off like FP was saying maybe he makes those plays). Storen ain't walking through that door for another couple of months and H-Rod is just as erratic. I wouldn't mind seeing Clippard shifted to the closer role, or maybe have a closer by committee and just use Clippard whenever the opponent's best hitters are coming up.

Don't quote me but I think Clippard was like 0 for 7 in save chances last year. He is much better in the set up role just gotta hope Lidge and H-Rod can hold the fort until Storen gets back

I'd like to see more of Stammen. After Clippard he might be our most reliable RP. H-Rod has all the talent in the world but he's just so erratic it's hard to trust him unless it's a 3+ run lead.

We have got to start throwing out more knockout punches as well when we have RISP.

The team seems to be learning how to win. The BP is spreading it around, Werth seems to be coming alive, LaRoche is shaking off the rust, and Ian is lighting it up. Just waiting for RZim to get in the groove and get the wounded warrior Morse back and this thing is moving forward.

Archived