Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread

Jofizz

[/color]I've had mlb.tv before in the past, 2010 season, and I'd say that it's worth it cost wise. Especially if you like baseball in general, not just one team (Nats). But the blackout restrictions are ridiculous.

Living in Jacksonville, I get to watch 90% of the Nats games... For some reason, both the Marlins and Rays are considered home, even though we are 4 hours from Tampa and almost 6 to Miami. Oh well, for those games I will just ignore the scoreboard and watch after they are over on archive. It would not be worth having if I lived in DC.

---------- Post added April-14th-2012 at 07:34 PM ----------

Jackson would give us a complete game a day after the bullpen has to go above and beyond. Awesome.

I was thinking about that too, then the announcer said that Clippard and Burnett didn't pitch last night. That was refreshing, as I thought the bullpen would be tired...glad EJax got his CG though.

Great pitching

Fantastic start for LaRoche. Looking more and more like I was wrong about him.

i may have been wrong about laroche and desmond. and we all may eat our words about werth before the year is done. that would be very nice....

nice day for D.C. sports. The Caps and Nats finishing within a few min of each other was crazy.

Jackson going the distance was great for the pen. Like everybody else says, they need to find a little more offense because the pitching won't always been like this. These things go in waves sometimes. Still, Stras, NatGio, Zimm, Jackson and Ross tomorrow......that's not mentioning the relievers....and that's still damn good looking at the moment.

i may have been wrong about laroche and desmond. and we all may eat our words about werth before the year is done. that would be very nice....

Absolutely. I'll gladly eat my words if Desmond has a strong year and Werth can hit clutch even if his avg is down. If we actually contend for the division in the last 2-3 weeks of this year that would be a surprise to me. I figured that would be next year.

Bryce can wait. He's really struggling in Triple A. I'm leaning more towards a September call up for him.

I know it would be an abortion defensively, but I wonder if we could play Tyler Moore in LF. Guy is hitting as well in Triple A as he did in Double A. Reminds me a lot of Adam Dunn. I'd love to have that hitting sixth right now. Especially with Danny Espinosa, Laroche and Werth becoming the masters of working the walk.

Bryce can wait. He's really struggling in Triple A. I'm leaning more towards a September call up for him.

I know it would be an abortion defensively, but I wonder if we could play Tyler Moore in LF. Guy is hitting as well in Triple A as he did in Double A. Reminds me a lot of Adam Dunn. I'd love to have that hitting sixth right now. Especially with Danny Espinosa, Laroche and Werth becoming the masters of working the walk.

I don't know if we would, but maybe he is called up to DH for our 6 game road trip to Boston and Toronto in June? Harper is definitely not hitting well, but he has cut down on strikeouts a ton. Maybe he's working on avoiding those by "slapping" the bat at borderline balls trying to foul them but instead they end up as grounders? I don't know...lol

36 at bats guys. That's how many Harper has in triple A. Considering that historically he's gotten off to slow starts at each level while he adjusts, I don't think this will end up delaying him much. See you in June, Bryce.

But seriously, hes not doing terrible. Hitting .222 with 36 at bats. That's not even enough to have a legit average. 3 more hits somewhere in there and he's over .300 and 'tearing it up.' Give him a few weeks.

I don't know if we would, but maybe he is called up to DH for our 6 game road trip to Boston and Toronto in June? Harper is definitely not hitting well, but he has cut down on strikeouts a ton. Maybe he's working on avoiding those by "slapping" the bat at borderline balls trying to foul them but instead they end up as grounders? I don't know...lol

Harper is doing what Harper does. He struggles for a bit at a new level, then he figures it out and smashes.

Remember when John Lannan used to "ace" our staff? Now he's not even the 6th best pitcher on the team. :ols:

A few years from on we are gonna laugh when we are all still on here and we can look back at the good old days of John Lannan, Livo, Esteban Loaiza and John Beck, Jason Campbell and laugh how bad we once were

He's been getting killed in AAA.

I'm not sure he returns anything other than warm body in any trades at this point.

Lannan doesn't care. It's Triple A. He's already proven he's an effective number 4/5 starter in the bigs. He just wants to play there.

Archived