Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread

Jofizz

What's the latest on his return?

Not good :(.

Out six weeks.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/washington-nationals-cleanup-hitter-michael-morse-is-out-for-six-weeks/2012/04/12/gIQAreUiDT_story.html

The Nationals will place cleanup hitter Michael Morse on “total shutdown mode” for six weeks, General Manager Mike Rizzo said, leaving an offense in need of punch without its best slugger for perhaps the entire first half of the season.

Morse re-aggravated the right lat muscle he first strained March 6 on Monday night during a rehab appearance with Class A Hagerstown. The Nationals had expected Morse to make his season debut Thursday in their home opener. Instead, they are left to wait on a hitter who crunched 31 home runs and hit .303 last year before a two-year, $10 million contract extension.

I really question Davey's decision to go with all these right handers in the bullpen against a predominantly left lineup. Also, bad outing for Clippard.

Bullpen was fine. Ump makes the right call in the first inning and this is already a win

Bullpen was fine. Ump makes the right call in the first inning and this is already a win

Exactly. This is what bothers me. I don't mind when we lose but that was a massive mistake and cost us a win. We shoulda swept em. Oh well, we're a good team and showed a lot of fight.

**** happens, yeah the calls in the 1st probably dictated the final outcome, but what can you do? They fought back...tied it. Had a chance to win, but didn't have enough left in the tank. 3 of 4 is still good. Another series win is still good. They kept the composure through all of it and hopefully will come back focused next game.

Archived