Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(My Ideas For) Skins jersey redesign - Updated Sunday!! New designs. Post#74 (MET)

McSkin30

Here's a compilation of some of what's been done so far. Elements from any of these are interchangeable, so try to imagine them in different color schemes.

Everyone, with the exception of a distinct few, has been very helpful with comments and critiques. If you only posted "nice try", "it sucks", or "hahahaha", you only wasted your time. I honestly couldn't care less if you leave an opinion with no commentary.

[ATTACH]43115[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]43114[/ATTACH]

I wish we'd stay away from the black, but, other than that, it looks really modern and snazzy.

Love the effort. Not really sure I like concept though.

This reminds me of what the Bills did by adding a couple of colors to their look.

At the end of the day I think their 90's unis look better and most would rather have an updated 60's (white helmet design instead)

A couple of things I am really against, the thin number typeface and the inclusion of black.

I do like the touch of adding the script R and the idea of including the feather on the side even though I'm not sure it works, maybe as an accent on the uniform somewhere, but you're running into FSU territory there.

I have always like the half and half trim on the pants b/c it's so unique.

Why does everybody seem to hate the old home white socks? (white with a half red/half yellow band) I think those are great.

Again thank you for the effort.

what about something like this? I haven't messed with the pants yet, not sure if i will. I like the white pants with burgundy jersey

skinsor.jpg

I think the feather should be kept on the shoulders, and put back on the right pants leg. The feather should rap somewhat around the leg like the original poster feather.

How about this? Did i mention photoshop does wonders!!!

skins2z.jpg

Looking good! Only thing I'd suggest is clean up the helmet stripes a little (assuming it's tricky making all these changes). I like the feather a lot more now. I would remove theNatiev American Profile logo from the chest altogether. The R looks pretty good there. I think these unis look pretty sweet and as much as I like our current ones, I wouldn't be at all upset if they switched to these. Now it's time to create the Away jerseys and the alternates! ;)

Modernizing the uniform would be changing an icon. You wont see the Steelers ever changing theirs around.

I wouldn't mind wearing the 70's look as an alternate, though. Just nothing Carinals/Vikings like.

All "throwback" or anniversary jerseys should always be alternates no matter what along with different combos of pants and jerseys. The team should have the freedom to wear whatever they please.

Really love all the effort at redesigning the jersey. Really like the arrow on the side as well as the feather on the pants. I'm surprised I like the use of black on the sleeves. It is very subtle and I think it brings a lot to the uniform. The only thing I do not like is the patches on the upper chest. I'm not even sure if the NFL would allow those on the uniform. Traditionally, aren't those areas kind of reserved for captain or special commemorative patches? I'd like to see what this would look like with the tradiitonal white tops and burgandy pants as well.

I think these jerseys look good man. These are by far my favorite idea jerseys ive seen. IMO the best combination would be in post 74 the top left jersey with the bottom left side stripe. Then with that you could alternate the white, burgandy, and black jersey colors. But that is just my opinion.

As for the pants I personally would like to see the stripes on the bottom left gold pair used on the top right gold pair and then use those pants and alternate colors.

But overall man I think you did an excellent job. Do you have any helmet ideas?

nawhedint-are you at all familiar with the "Feather" uni from the early 60s? It had gold pants (and by gold I mean the shade "maize") white shirts with burgundy numbers and burgundy stripes around the shoulders.

Could you please draw up something like that just so I could see it in a concept format? Use the current helmet w/ a single gold stripe, if you would be so kind?

Archived