Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(My Ideas For) Skins jersey redesign - Updated Sunday!! New designs. Post#74 (MET)

McSkin30

STB, I wonder if the reason we started using yellow was because the color was more easily aquired or cheaper to get/make. Honestly I like the color scheme of the site... Burgandy, Gold, and Black, with a touch of white here and there.

I for one am a long time and have enjoyed the color schemes of the past especially the 80's since they took us to the SB but I don't neccessarily want to back track in time. I see the White shirts and Yellow pants and it just looks old to me. The Yellow shirt with the white pants looks better or use a Yellow shirt with Burgundy pants. I do like the feather look. I might loosen up on the computerized block feather though.

Another thing I'd like to see is the team using a different shirt color then the wall on the stadium. It might not amount to anything but if a QB only has seconds to get rid of the ball it might be harder to spot a player in Burgundy against a Burgundy background. Maybe make white or yellow the home shirt color and burgundy the away jersey since it would stick out against most other teams wall colors.

STB, I wonder if the reason we started using yellow was because the color was more easily aquired or cheaper to get/make. Honestly I like the color scheme of the site... Burgandy, Gold, and Black, with a touch of white here and there.

A very good thought.

We see jerseys get torn up all the time. Also CP's jersey is all marked up after every game he's played in. I can't help but think a simple wash takes those out. I'm thinking they get new unis every Sunday.

Expensive fabric can be a hassle. Not sure that amount of money means anything to Dan, but again, a good thought.

I don't think that Allen actually said anything about new uniforms. He said that the helmet will stay the same (as it should) and that he will work with Shanahan to utilize the colors. He also said that he likes the historic base.

To be honest, if we were dead-set on keeping the uniforms, then he would've said, "No changes will be made to the uniforms."

I agree, sounds like something will happen with the unis...to be honest, they just need to re-introduce the Gold pants and I'd be happy. I'd love to see the REAL Redskins look for home games. If they just bring in the Gold Pants, they can keep the Burgundy Pants and White Pants too, then they could mix it up a bit between the three, and EVERYONE wins.

I could see this type of design in the helmet:

http://www.nikeblog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/new-oregon-ducks-football-uniforms-161.jpg

Using burgundy as the main color with actual gold with a gold scripted "R" on it. We could still use this helmet disign with burgundy and gold with the indian head logo.

I have been a fan of the Ducks for quite some time and their unis are SICK. Check out this one they wore for one game a few years back. I've often wondered how it would look in burgundy with "ghost" feathers.

323819787_fab225cc2e.jpg

oregon-helmet-live.jpg

edit: BTW to all who have contributed their work and ideas in this thread :cheers: it has been a great read, and there are some really creative folks on here.

Guest Spearfeather

"Well, first of all," Allen began, "I'm a traditionalist. I'm very proud of the Redskins uniform, and I'm very proud of our helmet."

He continued, "I'm talking to Coach Shanahan about some ideas that we have of utilizing our colors that we're very proud of. But other than that, we're gonna stick to our historic base. I loved when the Redskins had those throwback games over the last few years, whether it's the arrow or the feather or the R. Y'know, just watching it on tape from afar, you're like, Oh, gosh, I remember--"

"You like this helmet, though," Michael said, referring to the current Redskins helmet.

"I do like this helmet," Allen acknowledged.

Michael asked, "Why do you like this helmet?

"I was there when it was being designed," Allen said. "There's a lot of pride in the Redskins emblem."

-------------------------------

-------------------------------

It sounds like:

A) There definately will not be any black uniforms ( thank God ).

B) There will be a return to gold pants one way or another, most likely with

the current burgundy jerseys. This would basiclly give you the " Allen "

uniform. The " Gibbs " white uniform would remain the same. The first

thing Allen says to the question is a reference to " utilizing our colors ".

Well one color that hasn't been utilized since 1979, is gold. It seems to

me that the color of something is changing and my guess would be

the pants.

and/or

C) There could also be an alternate on occasion, possibly the 70th or 75th

style.

But they have so many. I think they have like over 200 uniform combos. They get props for variety from me...

I like variety...that's kinda what I've been getting at all along...3 Jersey colors, and 3 Pants colors and mix them up. Gold Jersey / Burgundy pants, Burgundy on Burgundy, White on White, Burgundy Jersey / Gold Pants, Gold on Gold, White Jersey / Burgundy Pants, White Jersey / Gold Pants, etc...

I like variety...that's kinda what I've been getting at all along...3 Jersey colors, and 3 Pants colors and mix them up. Gold Jersey / Burgundy pants, Burgundy on Burgundy, White on White, Burgundy Jersey / Gold Pants, Gold on Gold, White Jersey / Burgundy Pants, White Jersey / Gold Pants, etc...

That sounds interesting. I can kind of see the gold jersey with the burgundy numbers and the gold pants with the burgundy stripes. I wouldn't wear them in a rainy game though......

#1- I'm not a fan of the Ducks uni's, I just liked the one helmet style but instead of using those colors I would use burgundy as the main color and actual gold as the stripes going through the carbon fiber one. In other words if the black or dark green could be brugundy and the funky color used on the letter "O" and stripes through the helmet could be actual gold it might look sweet with either our indian head or a gold scripted "R".

#2- Some people are reading a lot into what Allen said. He even jokes at the end about how fans will try to "read between the lines". Who knows what tweeks they will come up with, but having Shanny on board makes me think the jersey will resemble Denvers in some way but using the burgundy and gold colors. The helmet is a toss up or it remains the same.

#3- I'd be happy if they actually used "Gold" instead of yellow in the uniform cause gold is the original color and all of us say B&G. We don't say B&Y. I'm not sure about the gold pants though, it just reminds me of an ugly old uniform form the early days. But... I guess they could spruce up the gold pants to make it look more modern. I really like the feather on the pants idea instead of our simple stripes down the side.

#4- Don't hate on black. Just because the team incorporated white into it's uniform and it's been there for years even though it's not one of the teams colors does not mean black could not be used as trim as well. White was originally put in the uniform as a trim color to seperate the two colors of B&G. Basically used as high lights. During the 80's the team incorporated a white shirt. Black could have easily been used for the trim. I think it would look rather nice as does this board with black in it.

Oregon, hands down = ugliest uniforms ever.

I would agree and disagree on that one.

In terms of an overall identity I would say they are one of the best.

Considering their old logo was Donald Duck straddling an "O" I think they have a very clean, modern, simple look.

In terms of uniforms you have to give them kudos for their "open-ness" to variety but they clearly have no filter on some of them. If there is one universal rule it's that yellow on yellow just does not work for a football uni and we have Oregon to thank for showing us that.

I'm all for uniform alternatives but helmets? Not so much. I used to think WSU's home and road helmets were ridiculous so a carbon fiber Oregon version gets me light headed.

....but having Shanny on board makes me think the jersey will resemble Denvers in some way but using the burgundy and gold colors.

I really hope not. Denver dropped their orange jerseys! I mean they turned their backs on their own tradition. That's a no-no, I would be totally against that drastic of a move for us.

#4- Don't hate on black. Just because the team incorporated white into it's uniform and it's been there for years even though it's not one of the teams colors does not mean black could not be used as trim as well.

I use the New York Knicks as an example. Look at their uniform in 70's, early 90's as opposed to now. A much better look then. The black just adds too much. White is a neutral and I feel actually does "highlight" things. Black just muddles things up. The Road Knicks jersey is one of the worst things on Earth.

Archived