Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(My Ideas For) Skins jersey redesign - Updated Sunday!! New designs. Post#74 (MET)

McSkin30

Oregon, hands down = ugliest uniforms ever.

Out here on the west coast, we fans of other Pac-10 teams tease Oregon MERCILESSLY for their ridiculous uniforms. They have THREE DIFFERENT HELMETS, for God's sake! The one with ghost flames is patently absurd. They're constantly rolling out new uniforms, each one more outlandish than the previous version.

From Allen's comments, it sounds like some changes are going to be made, but that we'll be retro-ifying the uni's, which I'm fine with. I'd really like it if they have some kind of fan-voting system, if there are multiple designs under consideration.

I really hope not. Denver dropped their orange jerseys! I mean they turned their backs on their own tradition. That's a no-no, I would be totally against that drastic of a move for us.

Rodriggo, I'm not refering to losing any color scheme's I was refering to how their uniforms are designed. We could still use the 3 basic colors burgundy, white, and yellow, but use the Denver pattern of uniform scheme.

I just see this happening because we have Shanahan. Maybe we won't.

Guest Spearfeather
Rodriggo, I'm not refering to losing any color scheme's I was refering to how their uniforms are designed. We could still use the 3 basic colors burgundy, white, and yellow, but use the Denver pattern of uniform scheme.

Yeah, going by what Allen said, I don't see that happening. He talked about tradition, and utilizing our colors, making it sound like we're not utilizing them as much as we could, which sounds like gold pants to me. It sounds like the helmet is definately not going to change.

The Denver pattern would be hidious. Please say no.

Yeah, going by what Allen said, I don't see that happening. He talked about tradition, and utilizing our colors, making it sound like we're not utilizing them as much as we could, which sounds like gold pants to me. It sounds like the helmet is definately not going to change.

He also said people would be trying to read between the lines of what he said and he laughed. Basically said there was nothing to read. When prompted about the uni's again Allen said they were talking with DS about the changes and we fans would have to wait.

All you mentioned was the colors. He said he wanted to remain true to the colors.... I kinda took it that we might be getting back to the original "Burgundy and Gold" vs. the "Burgundy and Yellow" we have been using. Allen would not comment on any uniform styles or scheme's other then to say he wanted to stay true to the colors.

Which to me meant hopefully we would be starting to use actual Gold again and any changes other wise would be to the color pattern on the uniforms.

I would like to see someone who can photo shop, photo shop Denver's uniforms with Reskins colors. It's just a feeling that we might be changing to a pattern similar to what Denver has because of Shanahan. That would give us a more updated look with the actual original color's of B&G.

I couldn't read anything into the helmet issue. He was asked if he liked the indian head helmet and he said yes that's the one that was designed while his father was here, but he also said he liked the "R" helmet when we wore them a few yrs ago and the "Spear" helmet. So the helmet is a hard issue to read from what he said.

The Denver pattern would be hidious. Please say no.

I'm not saying I want it. I'm just pointing out that Shanahan changed Denvers to those designs. It would only make sense that if any changes were coming that Shanahan would look to use a similar design only with Redskins colors.

Plus I don't know how they would look until I saw the uniform with the colors of burgundy and gold, and I'm not talking burgundy and yellow.

Here, some one photo shop these:

http://www.lugaluda.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Denver-Broncos-Uniform-Photo.jpeg

1st picture: All Burgundy with Gold stripe down side with white numbers.

2nd picture: All white with Burgundy and Gold stripe down the side.

3rd picture: Burgundy shirt with Gold pants. On the shirt use Gold and white stripe and on pants use Burdundy and white stripe.

Guest Spearfeather

He also said people would be trying to read between the lines of what he said and he laughed. Basically said there was nothing to read. When prompted about the uni's again Allen said they were talking with DS about the changes and we fans would have to wait.

------------------------

Really, where did he say that?

You also said that the team incorperated white into their uniforms in the 80's?

Actually all teams incorperated white into their uniforms long before that, because back in the day, if both teams wore dark jerseys, it was almost impossible to tell them apart on a black and white tv.

------------------------

Really, where did he say that?

You also said that the team incorperated white into their uniforms in the 80's?

Actually all teams incorperated white into their uniforms long before that, because back in the day, if both teams wore dark jerseys, it was almost impossible to tell them apart on a black and white tv.

Ok, I could have been off by a few yrs about the white. It still does not change the fact that our colors are burgundy and gold. White should be used for high lighting or outlining. Unless our colors have changed to B&G&W. I still have an issue with us using yellow and have had it for yrs.

As far as what Allen said go to the main Redskins page and look at video interviews. Allen was interviewed and it shows the whole interview.

Guest Spearfeather

Yeah, I saw what he said on RedskinsNation so where's this quote from him on reading between the lines?

And for the record, I'm all for a change to gold pants. But if they change the shade of gold for the pants, they're also going to have to change it on the helmet, and since he said he loves the helmet we have now, I don't see that happening.

Yeah, I saw what he said on RedskinsNation so where's this quote from him on reading between the lines?

And for the record, I'm all for a change to gold pants. But if they change the shade of gold for the pants, they're also going to have to change it on the helmet, and since he said he loves the helmet we have now, I don't see that happening.

I guess we'll all have to wait and see. However they were talking about the throw backs and Allen mentioned he liked the spear and especially the scripted "R" when he watched it from afar. The announcer asks if he likes the indian head emblem on the helmets and Allen said of course cause it was being designed when he was last here. After a comment on how they are taking some change of ideas to Snyder the announcer says something about fans reading into what Allen was saying and Allen says I'm sure fans will try to read into this but there is not a whole lot to read into. Or something to that effect.

Pardoon me. I stand corrected. The comment about "reading too much into things" is in reference to draft picks and right before the discussion about uniforms. But after hearing it again some could take that Allen would like to use the arrow or scripted "R" helmet or simply the indian head logo. He does make reference to the team colors and I still wonder if he's refering to using a more gold color vs. a yellow color.

Also I'm am more interested in the Skins using more gold in the uniform but I'd rather see a gold shirt with burgundy pants. Other wise we would look too much like the 49ers or Green Bay when they use the Green shirts and Yellow pants.

Archived