Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(My Ideas For) Skins jersey redesign - Updated Sunday!! New designs. Post#74 (MET)

McSkin30

"The bottom line is that the Redskins want to incorporate throwback uniforms, but they're not going to add black to their color scheme."

Why "...but...?" Was black ever part of the color scheme? I don't think so.

I think there was so much rumor about a black alternate as well as Cooley's comments on the topics for the brass to recognize that issue I think.

Here is something I found on another website.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=68351

redskins

logos - i started this one because i think the Skins have the worst logo in the NFL. ive brought back a bit of logo history here by including the "r" in the center. i did keep that dream catcher-like look because i wanted this to be very native american as you can see throughout the uni. i kept the feathers all white just due to simplicity. i didnt want to add black there because its not used anywhere else and using red tiped feathers didnt make much sense to me either. the "redskins" wordmark is just Fatcat font which i think works perfectly, and the "wr" i hand drew and is made to look like the native american hyroglyph for "river".

helmet - i think this may actually be better with center stripes. i think the red/yellow color scheme is really unique and didnt want to change that. i see a red helmet with yellow mask and its instantly Redskins to me.

jerseys - at first i was trying to wor some "war paint" into the jersey but didnt like what i had. i do like the Bronco's stripes style though, and thought that same concept could work with feathers. i know its pretty out there, but i think sometimes if you cant be great, you have to at least be different. the sides are yellow to imitate the patches of leather that were located there on jerseys way way back.

pants/socks - i really love yellow pants like the Packers and old 'Skins teams, so theres no doubt id like to see the yellow pants being worn as the main home and away set. it would also be a throwback to the Joe Thiesman days. the stripes on the side are just a continuation of the sides of the jerseys. i put the logo on the hip because, well, i like hip logos. i like the way the belt stands out against the pants most of the time too, so a red belt is featured on all the pants to break up the color a bit. the socks are kind of a new version of the 70's uniforms. not fully there, but its still a redskins sock. got to have black cleats too.

2v865jo.jpg

HELL YEAH!!!! I love this Jont!!!

I would be fine with these.

I also LOVE the gold pants, burgundy top, and arrow head on the helmet. The yello pants, white shirt, R on the helmet I like the least but I would love a change. New manager, new coach, ne mindstate, new players, new coaches......now lets get some colorful unis and stop being some ********* BLAND and PLAIN. I want Change.

The unis up top are on the ONE tho.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=7299654&postcount=325

Just wear these uniforms more and call it a night. Geez!

Yeah I love those classic throw backs! One of our better uniform combos for sure.

The colors on the pants/ uni look okay, the stripes that are gold on the red pants look funny, probably because the center stripe is practically nonexistent, but I do not like the 'flying WR' Looks too much like an attempt at the WVU or VaTech logo, I'd rather have a Golden or burgundy spear on the shoulders as that. The helmet can go though, looks like something from arena football

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You should put the yellow and white stripes on the side of the burgundy pants, and make the collar trim and arm trim at the bottom of the sleeve gold, and IMO it would look better if you replaced the old school "R" with the indian head, but excellent job if I do say so myself.

Archived