Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

DarrellsMyHero28

He was nominated less than two weeks into his term...at that point it was all "what he plans to do". I can say that I am going to end world hunger, but I don't think that will give me a peace prize.

I am all for a president to get this prize and if half the stuff he claims he will do, remotely comes true then yes, he deserves it...but not two weeks into his term. The man has not done anything to deserve this particular award yet.

Not only what you stated, but now the fact that he is a standing NPP winner, it is going to affect his decision making process. How can he truly make military moves? I wonder if it is a strategy in the part of the voters. That is why they should not give this thing to standing leaders.

And through this wide span of agreement and unity, thanks to Obama, he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize, for bringing peace to all of us Politic-Mongers :silly:

Haha, I believe! Yes we can!

That's the difference between Conservatives and Liberals. Libs are honest. :)

Admit it, if Cheney had won one you guys would be doing backflips to rationalize and defend it.

Neither side is honest and neither Obama or Cheney deserve this award :)

The taliban already came out with a statement saying how absurd it is.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jK0P-gC2lzZTYcqeKlXBO0XVJ3mA

Is it bad that I think the Taliban sounds more intelligent than the Nobel committee in this situation?

This just might be the quote of the century. From an unknown American soldier in Afghanistan:

"President Obama got the Nobel Prize and my ass is still sitting in Afghanistan. It's not fair."

http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/09/obama-wins-nobel-peace-prize/

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE5981JK20091009

Personally, I don't think the man has done anything Nobel Prize worthy and I'm a supporter of his...but I knew this would probably create a Tailgate frenzy.

I agree, they are rewarding him for work he has initiated, not on the success of his work. Nothing has been accomplished.........yet.

This just might be the quote of the century. From an unknown American soldier in Afghanistan:

"President Obama got the Nobel Prize and my ass is still sitting in Afghanistan. It's not fair."

Interesting that was said by one of our soldiers.

Because the Taliban Leader could have made that statement, and it still would have made sense, in a different, taunting kind of way.

That's the difference between Conservatives and Liberals. Libs are honest. :)

Admit it, if Cheney had won one you guys would be doing backflips to rationalize and defend it.

Libs are honest, well beside cheating on their taxes. But like another poster said, neither party are honest.

IMO Cheney was in the running until he shot his duck-hunting partner. Whoops!:silly:

Libs are honest, well beside cheating on their taxes. But like another poster said, neither party are honest.

IMO Cheney was in the running until he shot his duck-hunting partner. Whoops!:silly:

Honestly though, it's incredibly rare for Republicans or Conservatives to publicly criticize their own. Dems or Libs, as you can see in this thread, have no problem doing so.

I picked Cheney just to get away from Bush bashing.... BUT see you have found away to bend over backwards, rationalize, and defend even a mythical Nobel Prize awarding to President Bush.

Point proven.

Not really proven as stated i referenced it as in the "ARTICLE" it was said that Obama is helping Africa, by being President while black (PWB).

So i at least referenced the Bush 15 billion in Aids help.

Not a stretch, just a point.

AND NO, he shouldn't get it by killing those that were killing those.

Cheney was clearly going for the Peace thru Superior Firepower award;)

timmy smith

How can he truly make military moves?

/

It is possible it actually enables military moves as well,by providing political cover

(I'll let Luckydevil explain that one,and why he see's him as a danger:))

AND NO, he shouldn't get it by killing those that were killing those.

I can't figure out this sentence.

Otherwise, mostly I'm just messing with you. On a sidenote, Bush did deserve more praise for his efforts in Africa. I do agree with everyone that Obama getting this award today is a farce. The man gave a galvanizing speech, but has yet to do anything concrete enough or proven to have an impact to merit this award.

Could a speech be worthy? Sure. I have a dream, was a shot heard round the world and the impact of that speech and that moment was profound. I don't think we've seen the world wide epiphany and any societal shifts based on Obama's rhetoric yet and he certainly hasn't DONE anything to merit a peace prize (other than a anti-proliferation treaty with the Soviets).

Still, I disagree... my point is proven. Libs are far more willing to publicly self-criticize and be honest. Conservatives are much more concerned with face or image (at least if we use the last decade as a measuring stick)

Honestly though, it's incredibly rare for Republicans or Conservatives to publicly criticize their own. Dems or Libs, as you can see in this thread, have no problem doing so.
I do not see a ton of criticism of Obama here. More criticism of this dubious award and it's process. IMO the awards leans to the left and there is no doubt in my mind that Obama would have eventually received it for something. I more worry about how it affects his future and wish he would have gotten it in 20 years.

I can't figure out this sentence.

Otherwise, mostly I'm just messing with you. On a sidenote, Bush did deserve more praise for his efforts in Africa. I do agree with everyone that Obama getting this award today is a farce. The man gave a galvanizing speech, but has yet to do anything concrete enough or proven to have an impact to merit this award.

Could a speech be worthy? Sure. I have a dream, was a shot heard round the world and the impact of that speech and that moment was profound. I don't think we've seen the world wide epiphany and any societal shifts based on Obama's rhetoric yet and he certainly hasn't DONE anything to merit a peace prize (other than a anti-proliferation treaty with the Soviets).

Still, I disagree... my point is proven. Libs are far more willing to publicly self-criticize and be honest. Conservatives are much more concerned with face or image (at least if we use the last decade as a measuring stick)

Well, I don't know what town you're from.

I do not see a ton of criticism of Obama here. More criticism of this dubious award and it's process. IMO the awards leans to the left and there is no doubt in my mind that Obama would have eventually received it for something. I more worry about how it affects his future and wish he would have gotten it in 20 years.

Well, unless Obama nominated himself there is nothing to criticize him for.... yet, the libs in this thread are denouncing the award which is a backdoor way of criticizing the President, because it is confirming, stating that he ain't done nuttin' prize worthy.

Well, unless Obama nominated himself there is nothing to criticize him for.... yet, the libs in this thread are denouncing the award which is a backdoor way of criticizing the President, because it is confirming, stating that he ain't done nuttin' prize worthy.

which is completely and totally justified.

which is completely and totally justified.

Yup. He's done nothing to merit this prize. It's still cool for the U.S. that he receives it and if I were him I'd be pretty happy about getting that big an honor, but he was awarded it. He did not earn it.

Yup. He's done nothing to merit this prize. It's still cool for the U.S. that he receives it and if I were him I'd be pretty happy about getting that big an honor, but he was awarded it. He did not earn it.

I hear he's going to win in the miss universe contest and American Idol this season too.:silly:

This "Noble peace prize group" has been a JOKE for years. Really not surprising to me in the least.

OSLO/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for offering the world hope and striving for nuclear disarmament in a surprise award that drew both warm praise and sharp criticism.

The bestowal of one of the world's top accolades on a president less than nine months in office, who has yet to score a major foreign policy success, was greeted with gasps of astonishment from journalists at the announcement in Oslo.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee praised Obama for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples.

Critics -- some in parts of the Arab and Muslim world -- called the committee decision premature.

continues........http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE5981JK20091009?sp=true

A bit of damage control I would say. This situation is sort of embarrassing because it supports the conservative assertion that the Obama following is a "cult of personality".

Archived