Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

DarrellsMyHero28

No it didn't..... It never was a concern for either Roosevelt or Wilson to accept the award, although neither traveled to Norway to do so....

What was similar was the controversy. Teddy Roosevelt got the award for negotiating peace between the Russians and the Japanese. The controversy was the Japanese had sneaked attacked the Russian fleet and sank it, and then ambushed their North Sea fleat and sank it. Teddy Negotiated Peace only after Japan had all the chips.. Some accomplishment.... 30 years latter Japan used the same tactic on us at Pearl Harbor.

Wilson won the Nobel Peace Prize in an equally controversial fashion. He created the League of Nations. A precursor to the United Nations. Only after he became the toast of the world for creating the beurocracy the United States declined to participate. The weekness of the Legue is often cited as one of hte reasons for WWII occurring... Again some achievement.

I just read that the constitutional issue did in fact come up (much ado about nothing)

why are you being so argumentative today? I posted that I agreed with you already?

relax and read one post above yours poopie!

sheesh!

Are we now on pet name basis?.... I don't think so..

I'm trying to make a point.... It doesn't matter if the selection comitee were sitting members of parlement or not. Reagan, Bush Sr, and Bush Jr all got awards from the British government.

Teddy Kennedy got knighted by the Queen of Furmosa.... You can accept the honor and gift, you just can't keep the gift.

I remember when Sadat came to DC to meet with Carter..... He gave Carter an ancient Egyptian Artifact as a token of appreciation which Carter accepted and handed over to the smithsonian. I believe somebody gave Amy Carter a baby Eliphant at one point, which the Caters donated to a zoo.

Public Private doesn't matter.

Are we now on pet name basis?.... I don't think so..

I'm trying to make a point.... It doesn't matter if the selection comitee were sitting members of parlement or not. Reagan, Bush Sr, and Bush Jr all got awards from the British government.

Teddy Kennedy got knighted by the Queen of Furmosa.... You can accept the honor and gift, you just can't keep the gift.

I remember when Sadat came to DC to meet with Carter..... He gave Carter an ancient Egyptian Artifact as a token of appreciation which Carter accepted and handed over to the smithsonian. I believe somebody gave Amy Carter a baby Eliphant at one point, which the Caters donated to a zoo.

Public Private doesn't matter.

I call anybody who appears angry "poopie". Please dont take offense. (It's sort of a defense mechanism in me I think)

You dint have to make that point, I pretty much knew that already. Again, I was merely interested in the constitutionl aspect of it, realy didnt matter if it was Obama's, TR's or wilsons.

If I were Obama I would tell the little boy that everybody doesn't hate me... That I was just elected by the majorty of Americans to be President.

That some of the folks who didn't vote for me are acting like they hate me because they are scared of changes I believe we need to make to make our country better. Some of the other folks just want to be back in office, and are sad because after many years the country turned away from them.

I call anybody who appears angry "poopie".

I think your logic is flawed.... while you might believe, all poopie people are angry, is that really the case? I think not.. sometimes poopie people maintain their optomistic outlook on life. After all they won't always be poopie. The glass might be half full! Then again sadness might be the first overwhelming emotion presented by poopie people.

Even if you were right and most poopie people are angry, I don't think it follows all angry people are therefore poopie. I personally can think of at least three other reasons someone would be angry...

Archived