Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

DarrellsMyHero28

http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2009/10/09/obama-wins-nobel-peace-prize/

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE5981JK20091009

OSLO (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for his calls to reduce the world's stockpile of nuclear weapons and working for world peace.

The first African American to hold the country's highest office, Obama has called for disarmament and worked to restart the stalled Middle East peace process since taking office in January.

The prize worth 10 million Swedish crowns ($1.4 million) will be handed over in Oslo on December 10.

(Reporting by Oslo newsroom)

Personally, I don't think the man has done anything Nobel Prize worthy and I'm a supporter of his...but I knew this would probably create a Tailgate frenzy.

I voted for him and am pretty liberal leaning.

But no matter who you are or how you look at this, it just seems utterly insane. The man has done absolutely nothing so far to deserve this award. I have to think there are tens of thousands of people who're more deserving. Maybe millions more, aside from saying things he's done absolutely JACK SQUAT to promote world peace.

Yeah .... seems like a reach. ;)

Perhaps there was a total lack of decent candidates this year. :)

No doubt it will spur lots of frothing from his critics, putting them on the same side as Hamas:

"Obama has a long way to go still and lots of work to do before he can deserve a reward," said Hamas official Sami Abu Zuhri. "Obama only made promises and did not contribute any substance to world peace. " :D

Wait: Isn't Obama going to Bomb the Moon :)? The first President to attack another object in space...

Well, I'm surprised that I have to explain to someone as worldly and knowledgeable as yourself, but, here goes...

We are not "Bombing" the moon to see if there is ice there.

It has been determined, that Barack Obama, God be with him, the Nobel Peace Prize winning Barack Obama, God shine his light down upon him, is simply too big to be relegated to such a puny monument like Mt. Rushmore.

Therefore, the moon shall be blasted into a 3D sculpture of his magnificence. The two explosions are tests to determine what strength of explosives it will take to complete this necessary, and worthwhile project.

The good news is, scrapping his current healthcare proposal will pay for the entire thing.

Alright Obama! Yeah! :doh: He gets this after just two weeks of being in office? Well, he is the massiah.
I'm not sure why everyone one is surprised. This is Barack H. Obama II you are talking about here. He is the second coming. Have you not heard? ;)

Wow, just wow. He must be the "chosen one".

I never believed the Messiah thing, but maybe the nutjobs on the right were correct all along.

Solid supporter here and I'm surprised, to say the least. Really don't know what to say, I'm anxious to see the resulting further explanations that the committee will likely have to provide.

I would have to guess it is a attempt to influence his future choices and strengthen his platform of rhetoric.

Still find it incomprehensible...maybe some bourbon in the java will help me understand.

Or a double of whatever that committee was having:silly:

I voted for him and am pretty liberal leaning.

But no matter who you are or how you look at this, it just seems utterly insane. The man has done absolutely nothing so far to deserve this award. I have to think there are tens of thousands of people who're more deserving. Maybe millions more, aside from saying things he's done absolutely JACK SQUAT to promote world peace.

Yeah, this.

Archived