Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

DarrellsMyHero28

I would have to guess it is a attempt to influence his future choices and strengthen his platform of rhetoric.

Still find it incomprehensible...maybe some bourbon in the java will help me understand.

Or a double of whatever that committee was having:silly:

WTOP news said they thought it was mainly because of his attempts at changing the tone of politics in the United States. Meh...okay I guess. Don't know if that was worthy of it, but oh well...good for him.:)

Below is a brief description of the process involved in selecting the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates.

September – Invitation letters are sent out. The Nobel Committee sends out invitation letters to individuals qualified to nominate – members of national assemblies, governments, and international courts of law; university chancellors, professors of social science, history, philosophy, law and theology; leaders of peace research institutes and institutes of foreign affairs; previous Nobel Peace Prize Laureates; board members of organizations that have received the Nobel Peace Prize; present and past members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee; and former advisers of the Norwegian Nobel Institute.

February – Deadline for submission. The Committee bases its assessment on nominations that must be postmarked no later than 1 February each year.

Nominations postmarked and received after this date are included in the following year's discussions. In recent years, the Committee has received close to 200 different nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize. The number of nominating letters is much higher, as many are for the same candidates.

February-March – Short list. The Committee assesses the candidates' work and prepares a short list.

March-August – Adviser review. The short list is reviewed by permanent advisers and advisers specially recruited for their knowledge of specific candidates. The advisers do not directly evaluate nominations nor give explicit recommendations.

October – Nobel Laureates are chosen. At the beginning of October, the Nobel Committee chooses the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates through a majority vote. The decision is final and without appeal. The names of the Nobel Peace Prize Laureates are then announced.

December – Nobel Laureates receive their prize. The Nobel Peace Prize Award Ceremony takes place on 10 December in Oslo, Norway, where the Nobel Laureates receive their Nobel Prize, which consists of a Nobel Medal and Diploma, and a document confirming the prize amount.

Sounds like he got the award for the Rock Concert he did in Germany during the Election?

(Free-Press-Release.com) July 27, 2008 --

"While coverage of Senator Obama's Berlin speech provided audiences here at home nothing less that a visual "shock and awe," it neglected to mention that the well-hyped speech had an opening act: a gratis concert by two wildly popular groups, Reggae artist Patrice and rock band Reamonn. While we appreciate the Obama Campaign's hospitality, on behalf of furthering US international relations, offering free bratwurst, pizza and even beer for three hours during the free rock concert,

He did feed the masses for free...

thats up there from back in 32AD.

this is bull ****, and I like Obama

they should have given it to Mehid Karroubi for his work in the Green Movement in Iran

You know, thats a very good point. How many people were nominated that actually did incredible things to advance peace? I cant imagine how they must feel knowing someone with literally nothing on their resume beat them out.

You know, thats a very good point. How many people were nominated that actually did incredible things to advance peace? I cant imagine how they must feel knowing someone with literally nothing on their resume beat them out.

well they are probably decent people worried about their own struggles and not the Nobel Prize, but still I just don't see the rationale... maybe he inspired people across the world?

best case scenario he tries to live up to the prize and end the idiotic war in Afghanistan

well they are probably decent people worried about their own struggles and not the Nobel Prize, but still I just don't see the rationale... maybe he inspired people across the world?

best case scenario he tries to live up to the prize and end the idiotic war in Afghanistan

If he actually brought our troops home from there and other places, I'd be first in line to support his winning this award.

Only way to end that war is to win or quit,neither of which is likely anytime soon.

The prize would give funds (1.4 m) and a major public platform for someone like Karroubi ,I guess they figured O needed both more.:(

Archived