Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter: Season 4

StillUnknown

The one thing I hate about Deb's character is, she is too foul mouthed at the wrong moments. I know she's a cop, but her language in front of the FBI was just too much. They really need to tone her mouth back. I cuss like a sailor, so I'm not complaining about the cussing, but the fact that in almost every conversation, no matter who she's talking to, the "f" word is flung around. There is no way should could have talked to FBI agents like that in front of her boss.

And I was shocked at the ending myself. Another thing. As Kyle Butler, his DNA is all over the Mitchells house. He was there several times, left finger prints and possibly hair fibers.

after watching the show I realized that the only time Dexter could have taken the oil cap out of the mustang was when it was parked in front of his house. There's no doubt that he was staking out his own house not knowing Rita was in there when Trinity broke in. So he was probably only a few feet away when Rita was murdered.

after watching the show I realized that the only time Dexter could have taken the oil cap out of the mustang was when it was parked in front of his house. There's no doubt that he was staking out his own house not knowing Rita was in there when Trinity broke in. So he was probably only a few feet away when Rita was murdered.

See, my understanding is that... after the Swat team raided Arthur's home and Dexter had no clue where Arthur could be.. until he found the receipts in his wallet. So he went to the car shop to hide out in the back of the mustang waiting for Arthur to pick it up.

And while he was waiting for Arthur.... Arthur was killing Rita.

no, he did it when the car was at the shop being painted. that was the signifcance of Dexter finding Arthur's auto body receipt. And while he was doing that, Arthur killed Rita.

Oops, just kept reading...Die Hard said the same thing.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm late to the Dexter bandwagon. I've heard about the show, and last night saw my first three episodes on DVD. I can see why people get hooked. The ones I saw were, I think, the third, fourth, and fifth episodes from season one.

They're looking for the ice truck killer as Dexter's sister makes her start in the Homicide division and the black cop gets menaced by the Latino crime figure. Dexter saves the arena security guard from the ice truck killer, offs a couple of human trafficking coyotes who kill those who can't pay, stalks a young kid who reminds him of himself, and tries to have a relationship with his girlfriend despite being devoid of human emotion.

The show is a trip. If it can be that many layered and nuanced right out of the gate, I imagine it has been terrific once it really hit it's stride.

• 2 months later...

Ok....I JUST finished watching the final episode of season 4 last night, so I'm totally caught up. I stayed up until 2am last night to finish it because I was so into it.

Unfortunately, I had accidentally read a spoiler a couple days ago about what happened in the final episode, so that kind of ruined the ending for me. What I didn't know was how Rita died. My first thought was that Dexter killed Rita, but I'm glad that wasn't the case.

In any case, it was really sad. I cried, totally not expecting to. Rita's character wasn't that bad to me. I HATED Deb at the beginning of the season, and I still don't like her, but now it's less because she's annoying but more that she wears such ugly clothes and she has a skinny, assless man body. Bugs me.

Dexter is my favorite show now. I started watching season 1 in January and slowly but surely caught up. I am completely in love with Dexter's character, especially when he puts on his killing outfit.

I can't wait until season 5 starts.

Has Dexter really ever been that "likeable"?

The guy cheated on Rita, killed her ex-husband, and has killed numerous other people. Although he has grown a lot over the last 2 seasons he is still completely selfish and that's ultimately what got Rita killed.

I think he is likeable in certain ways. IMO he represents a struggle within a lot of people. Obviously his struggle is very extreme but when he talks about his Dark Passenger and the demon within him it invokes memories of my alcoholism for me.

I don't know how likeable Dexter is to others, but I really, really like him. That may be because I love me some vigilante justice and honestly wouldn't have a problem if there was a real serial killer like Dexter living in this world, picking up the scum that elude the police.

Well this was an unexpected bump. Can't wait to see what they do with season 5 with how they ended this season. It'll be tough to top John Lithgow's performance as the antagonist.

The show is SO GOOD. I'm sad to be late on the wagon, but I've jumped on and I'm not letting go.

count me as another late devotee of dexter. normally i dont get into tv shows because i never really get to watch tv when they are on but my stepbrother brought the season one and two dvds over to my apt one night and we watched the first 6 episodes back to back. i have been hooked ever since. i just finished season four the other day and cant wait to see what they do for season five. i was talking with my stepbrother and his friend about the new season and we think that season five is going to be very dark. like dexter dealing with uncontrollable rage dark.

I haven't heard anything about when season 5 starts, but I think the actor who plays Dexter, Michael C. Hall is currently fighting cancer (Hodgkin's Lymphoma)

and doing chemo. It's supposed to have a 90% cure rate though so that's good news.

I've read he is in complete remission.

I also read that season 5 starts sept. 26

I saw "Deb" a few months ago on some event/interview and damn...she looked really "girly" and damn fine. :D

I actually am good with Deb (Carpenter) as a character. For me the somewhat annoying distraction last season was the affair between Angel & Maria. Maria as a regular character is the questionable one to me from a value-added viewpoint. And she gets a fair amount of plot/camera time, from the beginning being very connected to Doakes and through to Smits' character, and now the Angel Affair. Whore. :pfft:

Archived