Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter: Season 4

StillUnknown

Actually, Rita's death isn't entirely suspicious considering they found the missing boy. Therefore, it's just as though Trinity is continuing his cycle by killing a mom in the bathtub next (though I don't know if this was within 5 days). But, I agree there is no way this all goes unnoticed, especially by Deb.

Only prayer of it being a dream sequence is that it doesn't fit the Trinity MO. Rita is a mother of 3 not 2. Was Trinity capable of a revenge kill like this? I think so, but we'll find out in a year.

That ending was pure art.. It tugged at me in ways that no other show has.. I love this show.

That ending was pure art.. It tugged at me in ways that no other show has.. I love this show.

definitely.. at first i was like i dont know about this.. wasn't sure if i liked the way it went

but after lookin back at it.. i watched it with three other people and all of us had jaws to the floor.. a show that can do that has to be a great one

Its clearly pointing out the cycle of Dexters family. His sister finds out who his real mother is and Dexter has the flashback of when his father plucked him up as Dexter did with his own son from a pool of blood. Does Dexter see this as a neverending cycle that his son is destined to be like him even thought Dexter did not want the same for his son?

Why? It's been used before.

It would take away the point entirely.

Dexter screwed up. His selfishness to be the one to kill Trinity got his wife killed and breached into his family. He has now recognized, in the worst possible way, that he cannot hide his true persona.

The scene was too powerful to be a dream. Plus its a cheap tactic to hook us all.

I dont like the idea of bringing her back as an angel, or ghost or whatever. Rita is gone. Lets leave it at that.

Wow. What a finale. The way it ended so smooth and easy, you knew something bad was going to happen but you just didn't expect that. It wasn't just the visual that was powerful, it was emotional element. Dexter started to have "human" feelings because of Rita and ever since then everything he does have been to protect his family. Now that he has failed at that...what's going to happen next?

That last scene will be imprinted in my head until next season.

It would take away the point entirely.

Dexter screwed up. His selfishness to be the one to kill Trinity got his wife killed and breached into his family. He has now recognized, in the worst possible way, that he cannot hide his true persona.

The scene was too powerful to be a dream. Plus its a cheap tactic to hook us all.

I dont like the idea of bringing her back as an angel, or ghost or whatever. Rita is gone. Lets leave it at that.

Completely agree with Who Del. This writing team has shown over the course of the entire Dexter series that they are FAR too talented to use a cheap dream sequence to hook us all. What we saw was real. If you can't accept that Rita is dead, you should just stop watching all together.

And i firmly believe that Quinn will be the biggest pain in the ass next season. He's certainly the one who will start sniffing out Dexter in a Doakes-esque manner. I actually liked Doakes....but i friggin' hate Quinn. He's been a major D-bag the entire time he's been on the show. My question about Quinn is.....will he try to convince Deb that something is up with her brother? Or will he take the high road and go about it himself seeing as Deb has learned about Dexter's real mother and feels an even more tightly woven family connection now? Another question that springs to mind about Quinn....will we learn of some skeletons in his closet that may ultimately land him on Dexter's table? And if so, will it happen before Quinn ever has the chance to convince Deb of who Dexter truely is??

I can't WAIT until next season. ;)

Every season has a theme. Season 1: his origin ("birth"), Season 2: becoming his own man and separating from Harry (growth/maturation), Season 3: Family, Season 4:??

To me it follows the arc of a person's life:

Birth (he's a mindless, emotionless killer,)

Growth (he's testing boundaries set for him by Harry, his parental figure),

then getting a family and becoming more mature,

Season 4 is probably like something seeing himself turn into Harry. Trying to prevent Harrison ("Harry" a nickname for "Harrison"??) from becoming a serial killer himself.

Season 5 is probably Dexter's death.

Wow. What a finale. The way it ended so smooth and easy, you knew something bad was going to happen but you just didn't expect that. It wasn't just the visual that was powerful, it was emotional element. Dexter started to have "human" feelings because of Rita and ever since then everything he does have been to protect his family. Now that he has failed at that...what's going to happen next?

That last scene will be imprinted in my head until next season.

I'm still thinking about Rita in the bloody bathroom with her eyes open.. Absolutely heart breaking

Every season has a theme. Season 1: his origin ("birth"), Season 2: becoming his own man and separating from Harry (growth/maturation), Season 3: Family, Season 4:??

To me it follows the arc of a person's life:

Birth (he's a mindless, emotionless killer,)

Growth (he's testing boundaries set for him by Harry, his parental figure),

then getting a family and becoming more mature,

Season 4 is probably like something seeing himself turn into Harry. Trying to prevent Harrison ("Harry" a nickname for "Harrison"??) from becoming a serial killer himself.

Season 5 is probably Dexter's death.

I don't know that Rita is dead, I think you can rule out Dexter dying. I just can't see them killing off both parents. I kinda had a feeling Rita was going to die. Still shocked me to see it

I don't know that Rita is dead

Rita is most certainly dead :) He checked her pulse (carotid artery) and then closed her eyes. He wouldn't have done that unless she had passed.

Frankly, after reading a few posts here... and on the Dexter FB group.... I'm absolutely dumbfounded at how many people would even ENTERTAIN the possibility that this is a dream sequence.

If the only way people can deal with the death of the character Rita.... is to contemplate that the writers would go with the dream sequence plot twist.... I think those people have bigger psychological issues.

We're talking about a TV show where there's at least 1 murder every episode. And somehow, people think it's unimaginable that one of the main characters would get murdered?

How come there was no "dream sequence" theories for Doakes or Lundy? :lol:

Rita is most certainly dead :) He checked her pulse (carotid artery) and then closed her eyes. He wouldn't have done that unless she had passed.

Frankly, after reading a few posts here... and on the Dexter FB group.... I'm absolutely dumbfounded at how many people would even ENTERTAIN the possibility that this is a dream sequence.

If the only way people can deal with the death of the character Rita.... is to contemplate that the writers would go with the dream sequence plot twist.... I think those people have bigger psychological issues.

We're talking about a TV show where there's at least 1 murder every episode. And somehow, people think it's unimaginable that one of the main characters would get murdered?

How come there was no "dream sequence" theories for Doakes or Lundy? :lol:

Sorry typed too fast, I meant to say I don't know, now that Rita is dead =).. It's like people are saying, Oh it can't be true it must've been a dream sequence for no reason. I'm open to that possibility because there were so many dream (day dream) type sequences in that episode, it could very well be one.

I'm still thinking about Rita in the bloody bathroom with her eyes open.. Absolutely heart breaking

I'm right there too. I actually had to re-watch that scene about 5x this evening.... because it was so powerful.

Not going to lie..... I shed some tears.

Rita might have developed into an annoying character.... but she was didn't deserve to go like that.

Oddly, right from the first episode.... I had imagined the scene earlier in the show with Rita and the kids being removed from the house and into the cop car... say after Dexter was murdered or arrested.... I always thought that was going to happen.... and I would have felt sorry for her... given her back story with the men in her lives.

I contemplated her being killed by the Trinity killer earlier in the season... but I figured since she had 3 children she didn't fit the profile. But I was still stunned when she was killed.

I'm still hedging my bets that Deb is going to end up arresting Dexter in the end.... or maybe even killing him.

Funny how Deb was annoying at first... and Rita was golden. And how Rita turned into an annoying character and Deb has evolved.

I'm right there too. I actually had to re-watch that scene about 5x this evening.... because it was so powerful.

Not going to lie..... I shed some tears.

Another scene that had me in tears.... was after Lundy had passed. And Deb went back to the parking lot where it happened... and she called Dexter to meet her there.

And she broke out into a hysterical -- I can't breathe kinda cry -- went she thought about her life and how everything bad always happens to her.

I wasn't a big fan of Deb.... but that scene was some *real* crying and emotion. Beautiful, emotional scene.

I love the show.... but I'm glad the season is done now. I need a break :)

I always thought that the unknown 1st husband of Rita would later develop into some future plot development. Guess not.

But Dexter has a situation on is hands. He fought with 3 people - Quinn, a guy he sideswiped & his neighbor - within the last 48 hours, and now his wife is found dead after they had been seeking counselling. And since the FBI is in town and they are taking over the Trinity case, they will be up in his grill in a big way since Rita was found in a bathtub, 5 days after that 10 year old boy was abducted.

Serial killers don't normally appreciate the FBI prying into the smallest details of their lives , but that's just about to happen to Dex.

He has no alibi for where he was at the time of the murder.

And I bet Trinity has probably planted some evidence to implicate Dexter.

And his sister is beginning to understand what happened in his past.

And he's got 3 motherless children on his hands.

Yikes.

I use to think Deb was annoying, but i actually have ended up liking her MUCH more than Rita.

And i'm not sure i buy into the idea that Deb is going to necessarily bust Dexter. She's the one who is so hung up on him being the only family she has. I mean i guess she could go after him, but if she does it's gonna tear her apart to do so. I tend to think Dexter will go out some other way before he dies or is arrested at Debs hands.

But, as long as Harrison is around, i suppose a part of Dexter will always be left with Deb. Anything is possible, we'll just have to see!

I use to think Deb was annoying, but i actually have ended up liking her MUCH more than Rita.

And i'm not sure i buy into the idea that Deb is going to necessarily bust Dexter. She's the one who is so hung up on him being the only family she has. I mean i guess she could go after him, but if she does it's gonna tear her apart to do so. I tend to think Dexter will go out some other way before he dies or is arrested at Debs hands.

But, as long as Harrison is around, i suppose a part of Dexter will always be left with Deb. Anything is possible, we'll just have to see!

Yeah I think when you start seeing Deb and the kids slowly becoming closer, than the end is near for Dexter.

Yeah I think when you start seeing Deb and the kids slowly becoming closer, than the end is near for Dexter.

quite possibly. and we may have caught the very first tiny bit of foreshadowing to that effect during the Thanksgiving dinner episode. The whole reason Deb came was because they played the "Aster and Cody really want you there" card.

interesting.

quite possibly. and we may have caught the very first tiny bit of foreshadowing to that effect during the Thanksgiving dinner episode. The whole reason Deb came was because they played the "Aster and Cody really want you there" card.

interesting.

I posted that with that exact scene in mind. Like they needed to find a way to show that Deb cared for them

Archived