Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter: Season 4

StillUnknown

the reporter totally shot Deb and Lundy. and i had a feeling that casket pointed to Trinity being a killer of more than 3. Now that we know he has another child, it might explain a 4th ritualistic kill.

i don't know what everyone's complaining about, i thought it was awesome.

Yeah I don't see what there is to complain about, that episode was frickin GREAT! Just tons of creepy, awkward, uncomfortable moments and a freaking bombshell at the end.

"Hi Dad!"

Personally I think Deb is far too much the quality cop at this stage to go half ****ed and confront Christine the reporter chick without more evidence.

Great funny lines too.

"Is she grounded?"

"Oh no, nothing like that".

Love this show. Just when I thought season 4 was falling off, this episode restored LA PASSION!

good, albeit kinda slow episode. guess they're saving all the big action for the final 2 episodes of the season

the first 3 seasons of dexter have all ended with everything being cleanly wrapped up allowing dexter to proceed. with all the side stories dexter has had to create to deal with Trinity, i'll be disappointed if they again wrap up everything neat & clean.

good, albeit kinda slow episode. guess they're saving all the big action for the final 2 episodes of the season

the first 3 seasons of dexter have all ended with everything being cleanly wrapped up allowing dexter to proceed. with all the side stories dexter has had to create to deal with Trinity, i'll be disappointed if they again wrap up everything neat & clean.

Well, I didn't think it was possible to end last season's finale clean... but he managed :)

Is there any doubt that Trinity is going after one of Dexter's children in the next 2 episodes?

Well, I didn't think it was possible to end last season's finale clean... but he managed :)

Is there any doubt that Trinity is going after one of Dexter's children in the next 2 episodes?

that was my only beef with last season, that everything was wrapped up. i found it to be a bit of cop out on the part of the writers. the way the story unfolded, i didnt seem reasonable for it to end as clean as it did

this season they've gone even further so i really dont see how it can end clean. if it does, it will be a bit of a flaw in an otherwise outstanding writing team.

that was my only beef with last season, that everything was wrapped up. i found it to be a bit of cop out on the part of the writers. the way the story unfolded, i didnt seem reasonable for it to end as clean as it did

this season they've gone even further so i really dont see how it can end clean. if it does, it will be a bit of a flaw in an otherwise outstanding writing team.

I think we are seeing some pretty strong foreshadowing about Deb finding out about Dex's past ( the dead brother/fiance/serial killer)

I think we are seeing some pretty strong foreshadowing about Deb finding out about Dex's past ( the dead brother/fiance/serial killer)

And yet.... I don't see how it's all related and will have any kind of impact in the story. Ok, so Debra finds out her dad was screwing around with his mom... she was murdered and then he took Dexter into their family. What's the story in that?

Or what's the big deal if she finds out that the ice truck killer was Dexter's brother? How does that affect Dexter's storyline at all? How does she connect the dots to find out Dexter is a serial killer too?

But somehow... I've felt all along... since the very first episode... that the way the series will end is Debra busting/arresting Dexter. You just know that's how it has to end.... with her losing the last member of her "family".

And yet.... I don't see how it's all related and will have any kind of impact in the story. Ok, so Debra finds out her dad was screwing around with his mom... she was murdered and then he took Dexter into their family. What's the story in that?

Or what's the big deal if she finds out that the ice truck killer was Dexter's brother? How does that affect Dexter's storyline at all? How does she connect the dots to find out Dexter is a serial killer too?

But somehow... I've felt all along... since the very first episode... that the way the series will end is Debra busting/arresting Dexter. You just know that's how it has to end.... with her losing the last member of her "family".

Dexter won't ever be arrested for his crimes. But he will have to evade detection until he can become a fully human person, part of that will involve overcoming his past. Somehow I think Deb finding out about his past will help him in his transformation, and not become his undoing.

but you're right it's not really going to play into any of this season's storyline, it'll probably get set up for next season though

This show is so damn good.

I don't even want to think about what might happen, just let those folks at Dexter do their thing.

I will say that I feel like we need some more back story regarding Christine and Arthur's past. Right now it feels like too much of a plot contrivance. Exactly what happened there?

I was thinking Rita myself

Rita has a subplot already with the neighbor. Rita doesn't fit the profile of a young mother with 2 children (ie. she has 3). At least assuming he's continues his "pattern".

And I didn't necessarily see the same 'pattern' for the selection of the 10-year old boy.... at least from the missing children clippings that Dexter found.

I dunno... but I think "Cody" looks to be around 10. And Arthur might be looking for the same profile (ie. young boy) to begin his pattern... and might seek Dexter's son for revenge.

Just a hunch.

There was a theme about "being followed" last night.... and about "children". I'm surprised that Arthur hadn't followed Dexter home to follow-up *his* story about being separated.... and just took his word at face value.

Not sure how this ends... Dexter is too involved with Trinity AND his family (ie. kids/wife)... how would Dexter not be AT THE VERY LEAST a person of interest.... in a police investigation... if Arthur all of a sudden goes missing?

Rita has a subplot already with the neighbor. Rita doesn't fit the profile of a young mother with 2 children (ie. she has 3). At least assuming he's continues his "pattern".

And I didn't necessarily see the same 'pattern' for the selection of the 10-year old boy.... at least from the missing children clippings that Dexter found.

I dunno... but I think "Cody" looks to be around 10. And Arthur might be looking for the same profile (ie. young boy) to begin his pattern... and might seek Dexter's son for revenge.

Just a hunch.

There was a theme about "being followed" last night.... and about "children". I'm surprised that Arthur hadn't followed Dexter home to follow-up *his* story about being separated.... and just took his word at face value.

Not sure how this ends... Dexter is too involved with Trinity AND his family (ie. kids/wife)... how would Dexter not be AT THE VERY LEAST a person of interest.... in a police investigation... if Arthur all of a sudden goes missing?

we're assuming Dexter will be the one to kill Trinity.

I don't think so. Something tells me that we see Trinity's son kill Trinity, in a way that looks accidental....possibly with help from Dexter?

Or maybe Christine kills Trinity? We can already tell she has issues that span from him giving all of his attention to his "other" family.

we're assuming Dexter will be the one to kill Trinity.

I don't think so. Something tells me that we see Trinity's son kill Trinity, in a way that looks accidental....possibly with help from Dexter?

Or maybe Christine kills Trinity? We can already tell she has issues that span from him giving all of his attention to his "other" family.

Those are extremely plausible outcomes :)

Perhaps Trinity's storyline wasn't necessarily about Dexter murdering him... so much as learning from him about himself.

When Rita broke up the fight with cody, she was there alone with only 2 children(did anyone else see the baby?) and I just got the hunch that scene was meant for something bigger than what was shown.

I feel the same. I just think that little scene would be too insignificant otherwise.

I'm beginning to get easily irritated when it comes to scenes with Dexter and his family. I used to think I'd put Rita in my top 5 :) But now I just find her character so annoying -- and how many times is she gonna call Dexter to let him know Harrison has a fever?

i'm still waiting on what will be the consequences from Dexter breaking his own code. they still haven't really resolved the fact that he killed an innocent man which goes against his standards. there has to be some form of major consequence for that

perhaps there won't be so much of a consequence, as there will be a balance.

Maybe Dexter attempts to balance things out by NOT murdering Trinity, and instead, letting it happen in other ways.

just a thought. ;)

Archived