Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter: Season 4

StillUnknown

Just say no to naked John Lithgow :puke:

it really is not necessary. everything else they've done with Lithgow has been great, but for the love of humanity, stop the nude shots

yeah I'm really thinking it is Anton now

somehow I think Dexter would have found something to do with Lundy's death at this house. Everything else was out in the open... but no gun

just for the record, i called Anton as the killer right after that episode aired :D

Or maybe he actually kills in fours and his 4th victim is never spotted because they are buried in a coffin.

Good call on that one. Him cutting down that tree had ritual all over it and with Dexter being a part of it, I have a feeling that box was meant for Dexter.

and I dunno about anyone else, but I smelled F'up a mile away with his kill. He rushed it.. He didn't do the normal knife through the chest bit.

I think the coffin is to finally bury the ashes.He put alot of effort into making it.

that sounds about right.

The showdown between Dexter and Trinity (or maybe Quaternary now) is going to be epic.

====

my roommates and I have come to conclude that Trinity killer probably had his father sexually abuse his sister. Sister killed herself, then his mother killed himself after his sis died. His father probably physically abused him (remember that scene where he gets beaten up by the drunk guy?) and after the suicides he beats his father to death.

But what is the coffin? Is that supposed to be himself? His brother? someone else?

The killer is Anton.

i think it was the episode after lundy was shot.. deb said she saw a look in lundy's eyes like he was apologizing.. he wasn't apologizing to deb for getting her into this.. he was apologizing to anton (the shooter) for being with deb.. my opinon

Dexter's "mistake" will turn out to be "covered" by plot develoment (IOW the guy will have "deserved" to die for one reason or another) but we and Dex will still be left with this introduction of fallibility and loss of almost-perfect control that he has been able to manifest up to this point. His armor of rationale and justification (that allows us to "root" for him) will be chinked, but not as direly as it seems at the moment.

Can people fill me in? Something happened 2 weeks ago.

This is my first season with HBO. We set the PVR to tape Dexter. But 2 weeks ago.... it was a repeat from a show earlier in the season. I didn't know HBO did that.... do they?

Up until then.... we (Canadians) were on the same viewing schedule.

This week.... it was the episode where Dexter went to church to watch Trinity, helped out with the 4 Walls 1 Heart group... and Rita was annoying as hell about therapy.

So, am I a week behind you guys? What was the content of the last episode for you?

I'd hate to think I missed a week.... but I don't recall seeing Dexter's latest kill (which everyone seems to agree may have sloppy) or any coffins.

Can people fill me in? Something happened 2 weeks ago.

This is my first season with HBO. We set the PVR to tape Dexter. But 2 weeks ago.... it was a repeat from a show earlier in the season. I didn't know HBO did that.... do they?

Up until then.... we (Canadians) were on the same viewing schedule.

This week.... it was the episode where Dexter went to church to watch Trinity, helped out with the 4 Walls 1 Heart group... and Rita was annoying as hell about therapy.

So, am I a week behind you guys? What was the content of the last episode for you?

I'd hate to think I missed a week.... but I don't recall seeing Dexter's latest kill (which everyone seems to agree may have sloppy) or any coffins.

Do you have on demand in canada? You can generally watch the shows there, I'd have to tell you if you can still watch it.

Did anybody find the last 2 episodes kinda lame?

Now, this is Dexter we're talking about, so even lame episodes are better than 99% of the crap on television. But, I just felt that episodes 6 & 7 were a bit off the mark, specifically regarding the writing and plot devices.

In no particular order:

• I saw a mile away that the killer of the models wasn't Farrow but his assistant. I was actually assuming that I must be wrong about that because it seemed so obvious, and I was generally expecting some sort of plot twist to prove me wrong. Then the assistant gets arrested and Dexter has a crisis of conscience, as much as he can have one. There was no cleverness there at all - I knew exactly what was going to happen without even trying.
  • In episode 6, the scene where Dexter picks up Trinity's sister's ashes seemed almost childishly contrived. I mean, who would do that? I'm not the type of person to keep ashes of my dead relitives lying around, but if I were, I'd be too floored for words if ANYONE - especially some guy I barely knew - came into my house, opened the urn, and then held it like an offering to the Gods in the manner that Dexter did. I'd kick the guy out of my house and never speak to him again. Trinity's initial reaction seemed about right, but then the rapid reconciliation made no sense at all. I'd be like "Buddy, what the **** were you even thinking. Get out and if I ever see you poking around my places of interest again, you'll have an urn all your own".
  • The whole thing with Quinn seems like the writers are trying to rekindle the Doakes vs. Dexter thing. Maybe they can't be blamed, because that battle made for GREAT television. But leave it there please. Doakes was the one who made that interesting. Quinn is a good character and there are plenty of ways to create friction and conflict between he and Dexter. But the whole following Dexter around by a rival cop thing has been done. There can't be another Doakes. You, Quinn, are no Doakes.
  • Another thing that seems almost amateurish in its contrivance is the relationship between Laguerta and Batista. It made for an interesting side bar at first but now in these later episodes it feels like just cheap filler. I don't really care. Either make it interesting ot write it out of the script.
  • And why would you have an entire episode with no Masuka!?!? I love that dude. He needs to have more lines. That guy steals every scene he's in.

Dexter's "mistake" will turn out to be "covered" by plot develoment (IOW the guy will have "deserved" to die for one reason or another) but we and Dex will still be left with this introduction of fallibility and loss of almost-perfect control that he has been able to manifest up to this point. His armor of rationale and justification (that allows us to "root" for him) will be chinked, but not as direly as it seems at the moment.

Good observation. Farrow was kind of a jerk to begin with, so it won't be too much of a stretch to add some negativity to his already smarmy character. I'm guessing that he and the assistant were either in cahoots or Farrow at least knew about the murders and looked the other way for one reason or another, making him an accessory.

I'm much more interested in the relationship development between Trinity and Dexter. We are seeing a recurring theme that Dex needs a friend he can confide in. His need to find people of his own kind actually started in the first season, when his main reluctance in killing his brother was not because they were blood, but because his brother knew his secret and accepted it.

Same with Lila in season 2. She herself had killed before, and she not only accepted Dexter's dark passenger but seemed almost drawn to it. (Her announcement in the cabin that she was Dexter's soul mate - and Doakes' subsequent reaction - was one of the best TV moments I can ever remember).

Then in season 3, Prado and Dexter become the most improbable of friends, again because Dexter needs, on some deep level, someone with whom to share his secret.

Now, we have a serial killer every bit as prolific and calculated as Dexter himself. My guess is that Trinity needs a friend to confide in just as much as Dexter does. Dexter couldn't kill him when he had the chance, ostensibly to learn from him. But I think the real reason is that, despite his supposed inability to "feel", Dexter needs what we all need as humans - someone who understands us and accepts us for what we are.

I think most people are assuming that Dexter will eventually kill Trinity in the season finale, but I'm not so sure. It certainly won't be easy for him, and we're sure to see some epic battles between Dexter and the ghost of his dad.

wow, last night was an awesome episode.

I'm starting to think the shooter is the reporter chick. Shooting Deb and Lundy would be advantageous to her crazy ass in that it gives her more stories to push, more interviews to pursue, and could help her establish a name for herself in the journalism industry. The whole thing about the shooter being Matsuka's height made me question her last night.

I don't remember Antoine being as short as Matsuka. But i bet the reporter is somewhere close to Matsuka's height.

I'm starting to think the shooter is the reporter chick. Shooting Deb and Lundy would be advantageous to her crazy ass in that it gives her more stories to push, more interviews to pursue, and could help her establish a name for herself in the journalism industry. The whole thing about the shooter being Matsuka's height made me question her last night.

I don't remember Antoine being as short as Matsuka. But i bet the reporter is somewhere close to Matsuka's height.

On that note, perhaps she's the Vacation Murderer. She's the one writing the story on the vacation murderer, isn't she? She seems to be very good at manipulation, I'd bet she's a serial killer.

Yeah I remember Anton as a fairly tall dude. The reporter chick is also a sociopath.

In the next episode we will see the abusive father side of Trinity. This will show Dex that Trinity isn't just like him. It will be the final nail in the coffin for trinity, and Dex can finally get on with disposing of him.

Yeah I remember Anton as a fairly tall dude. The reporter chick is also a sociopath.

In the next episode we will see the abusive father side of Trinity. This will show Dex that Trinity isn't just like him. It will be the final nail in the coffin for trinity, and Dex can finally get on with disposing of him.

Yeah i agree. Whatever the angle may be from the Lundy-Deb shooting, i think that's going to be next season's plot basis.

If the reporter is the shooter and/or vacation murderer, could that be revealed to us by the end of the season, but not be made apparent to Dexter until next season??? Or will Dexter go into next season knowing his next big target?

i hope they dont go that route with the reporter

oh you can tell she's crazy and she's got something to hide. There's definitley something up with her, wether she was the shooter or not.

i agree with everything you said. i'm just not really feeling alot of the sub-plots to this season.

to me this season has been its best when focused on Dexter/Lithgow

all these other stories are kind of a drag, and i find myself waiting for the scenes with Dexter/Lithgow

a prime example would be this new storyline they're teasing of an affair between the neighbor & dexter's wife

too many subplots are dragging down a brilliant main storyline imo.

and Masuka definitely needs more lines, dude is pure comedy at this point :D

i hope they dont go that route with the reporter

I hope we get more scenes that show her boobs. Seriously.

In all I thought it was a good "set up" episode that will lead to a ton of revelations in the next 2 or 3. I also like the plot development of Rita possibly having an affair with the next door neighbor. That would severely reduce her grounds to be annoyingly emotional, and that could only be a good thing.

Look for her Tuesday night Yoga classes to open opportunities for scrumpin' with the guy next door.

Archived