Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate Lavar and Chad

riggo4ever

I still laugh everytime I come across this. Thought I would give everyone a good laugh again

LaVar is just terrible. He takes more time to ask a simple question than anyone I've ever heard in my life, and it's ALWAYS this way.

Here's an example of Lavar asking someone a simple question. Let's say he's asking Malcolm Kelly about his injured foot and when he'll be able to practice again. Most people would just say, "Malcolm, what's the status of your injured foot and when do you think you can practice again?" Oh no, not LaDar. He's more like:

"So, uh, Malcolm, talkin' about the foot, man. What's the status of ... cuz, you know, when I was playin', the feet were such an important part of the game, and if you don't have your feet, then it's tough to move like you need to, cuz let me tell you somethin', player. The NFC East is a straight up BEAST, right? You can't mess around in that division, and believe me, I know, cuz i came at it from two different sides, New York and D.C., and that's why people love me so much here in D.C., because I always understood the importance of RESPECTING this division, man, and that starts with respecting the status of your feet. So I need to ask you about that and ask you about when you think you can get back on the practice field, because, you know, time is short in this business, player. Believe me, I know better about that than anyone, you KNOW I do, so if you're not practicin', you're not PLAYIN', and if you're not PLAYIN', no one's PAYIN', you know what I'm talking about? So we need to know when Malcolm Kelly is not only going to get that foot back in shape, but when he's going to get back ... not only on that practice field, but out on that football field, you know, because that's what we've been waiting to see now for a long time, and we know that time is coming soon, it's gotta come, but we, you know, I mean, hey, whatever, yeah, OK, so, yeah, so, Malcolm, talk a little about that. Talk a little about the status of that appendage at the end of your leg and when, you know, you might get back out onto that practice field. Talk a little about that. (Crickets). Malcolm? Malcolm?"

This is a guy who went on a tirade awhile back because he wasn't number one on the list of most important Redskins of the last 2 decades or something. Chris Samuels was number one, I think Lavar was 4 or around there, and he used half the show to basically say he was more important than Chris Samuels. "I changed GAMES," he said. As if Samuels never did.

The worst moment for me was when he finally got to interview Dan Snyder at the Super Bowl and he basically threw himself at the guy's feet and cried over their relationship like a little girl child. It was absolutely pathetic.

These guys are radio idiots. I actually dislike Chad more, because he seems more calculated with his idiocy. He's a slime merchant. Lavar just is who he is.

Its the same 2 plays that are re-hashing by kiss-ass callers every day

"Lavar, I love you for ending Aikman's career"

"Lavar, I'll never forget your pick-6 when this team started out 0-5"

What else has this loser done in his career?

That's what I'm saying, if he's talking about shedding a block, or dropping into coverage, or tackling the likes of Steven Jackson or Frank Gore, I'm listening.

there should be an ongoing list of all the goofs lavar makes when talking about the NFL. its shocking.

i remember a year or 2 ago. lav coles got released by the jets, i believe, and lavar went on for about 5 minutes about how the skins should try to sign him because he's a 'big WR' and the skins could use a big WR.

just yesterday when they were going down the list of FA CB's, in addition to boldy stating none of them were better than hall (thats just lunacy, but many here would agree with him), he talked about chris gamble being a possiblity here. the man had retired about 6 hours earlier. he had no idea.

i listen to the show for maybe a few minutes a day, and without fail, lavar says things like this all the time.

last year, he was talking to GP, ranting about the skins offense and how they werent doing their job because they hadnt won every game, and the shanahans werent coaching up RG3 well enough. GP pointed out how highly ranked the offense was in several major categories, but lavar insisted (not joking, he was absolutely serious) that it was the offense, not the defense that was not doing its job since its their job to score points, and they clearly werent scoring enough since they were losing games.

GP was practically speechless.

i'm trying to remember the name of the defensive coach who joked that lavar didnt know the skins playbook when he was here when asked how he felt about lavar telling the giants about the skins D.

yes, lavar should know his stuff with regards to the NFL, but id take what he says with a grain of salt.

What else has this loser done in his career?

Well he made three pro-bowls, which we can laugh off, but three second team All-Pros isn't as easily laughed off. He's not a hall of famer or one of the all time greats but he was certainly a good player in the short window in which he was healthy. I'm not a fan of his show but I think people can make arguments without needing to create fantasy worlds where people are entirely bad or entirely good. Lavar had a ton of potential and played well until his poor judgement and poor health eventually destroyed his career.

Well said. Its not a sports show but fits perfectly in the DC metro area. Living in Boston they also have 2 different stations and it's all about the 4 major sports. No trips, gambling, hollywood gossip etc. DC listeners enjoy that i suppose. Junks get ratings thus survive on air.

Just a small example of how DMV isn't really a die hard sports town, regardless of the success (or failures) of its teams!!

I love the Junkies because they're from the area and I grew up listening to them off and on. I mean they tell stories about PG county and stuff and I love that. They're not sports experts and sometimes they get too rowdy talking about guys genitals or girls butts, but its part of their thing. I just turn the radio down for a while and do some work. its much better though than an arrogant host like Kornheiser or Czaban or Dukes. I really don't like their personalities. Holden is a cool guy to me sometimes, but he pushes it sometimes too. Danny is corny and annoying and seems to be like he wants to be Dukes sometimes too.

But as far as this not being a sports town? because of this? I need to ask you how you came up with this metric.

I'm not. You know why? B/c he doesn't understand the game

Questions for you

Do you think you understand the game? If so, do you think you understand it more than Lavar?

If you say you don't understand the game, do you think you can legitimately pass judgement on who does and who doesn't "understand" the game?

---------- Post added March-12th-2013 at 01:30 PM ----------

Based off of what he brings to the table in the afternoons? Why would I listen to Lavar?

Listen to Matt Bowen - ex-player who is now in the media as far as seeing the difference between him and Lavar when it comes to breaking down the game.

Experience, like him or not he played in 84 NFL games. I would listen to a freaking blind donkey talk football so long as he had NFL experience.

Asshats like the Junkies are no better than some of uninformed shoot from the hip jerks on this board or at the local GameStop talking football. THEY KNOW NOTHING.

darrell1106 brought up a great point and it makes me real real sad being a born and bred Washingtonian, from City, not the burbs ... only in a crappy sports town could a show like the Junkies survive. Sucks, but I'm starting to believe it.

Did you hear those morons talking with Grant (only reason why i ever tune into the junkies) about Santana coming back? I mean, if you are a half sports retard like these guys, should you be talking in such bold absolutes? They were betting their first born that he would not be back. How do you swing and miss so bad? Now, I'm defending Lavar and I know he's made bonehead comments, but I rather hear something dumb from a 3 time NFL Pro Bowler than someone with zero pro sports experience.

Before I cut these guys off totally, I was listening to one of them talk about how they felt RG3 kind of punked out by not going after the ball when his knee gave out against Seattle. What kind of **** is that? I know half of their shtick is to be inflammatory, but that was over the line.

Questions for you

Do you think you understand the game? If so, do you think you understand it more than Lavar?

If you say you don't understand the game, do you think you can legitimately pass judgement on who does and who doesn't "understand" the game?

I really woudn't know what Lavar's understanding of the game was b/c he has never demonstrated it on the field or on the air...

I certainly know what it means to be part of a team and to do my job within the team -- not free-lance and do whatever the hell I wanted.

Lavar was a fantastic athlete. He was not a good football player. There is a world of difference between the two.

Well he made three pro-bowls, which we can laugh off, but three second team All-Pros isn't as easily laughed off. He's not a hall of famer or one of the all time greats but he was certainly a good player in the short window in which he was healthy. I'm not a fan of his show but I think people can make arguments without needing to create fantasy worlds where people are entirely bad or entirely good. Lavar had a ton of potential and played well until his poor judgement and poor health eventually destroyed his career.

Im sorry. Everyone has potential, but if you flat out freelance and disobey the coach's schemes and play out of position, and do your own thing out there....what does that make you?

I'll give you the 2002 probowl season with 11 sacks. Marvin Lewis pretty much let him do what he wanted on Defense.

Questions for you

---------- Post added March-12th-2013 at 01:30 PM ----------

Experience, like him or not he played in 84 NFL games. I would listen to a freaking blind donkey talk football so long as he had NFL experience.

Asshats like the Junkies are no better than some of uninformed shoot from the hip jerks on this board or at the local GameStop talking football. THEY KNOW NOTHING.

darrell1106 brought up a great point and it makes me real real sad being a born and bred Washingtonian, from City, not the burbs ... only in a crappy sports town could a show like the Junkies survive. Sucks, but I'm starting to believe it.

Did you hear those morons talking with Grant (only reason why i ever tune into the junkies) about Santana coming back? I mean, if you are a half sports retard like these guys, should you be talking in such bold absolutes? They were betting their first born that he would not be back. How do you swing and miss so bad? Now, I'm defending Lavar and I know he's made bonehead comments, but I rather hear something dumb from a 3 time NFL Pro Bowler than someone with zero pro sports experience.

Before I cut these guys off totally, I was listening to one of them talk about how they felt RG3 kind of punked out by not going after the ball when his knee gave out against Seattle. What kind of **** is that? I know half of their shtick is to be inflammatory, but that was over the line.

The thing about the Junkies is that they don't pretend that they know everything. They'll OPENLY admit it. This is part of the reason why I don't mind their show. It's almost like choppin' it up w/ a buddy at times. That being said, when was the last time you heard Lavar admit he was wrong on a topic? Callers are repeatedly cut off or talked over/insulted if there is a counterpoint or if one of the hosts is proven wrong. If you think the Junkies are bad, then I have really no clue as to how you stomach the afternoon drive with L & D.

Just because someone played professionally doesn't necessairly make them a lock to be good on air. Magic Johnson falls under this category as well. Lavar is not good on the radio.

*Didn't Chad Dukes get suspended for calling Lavar an idiot or something along those lines? It's funny to listen to such an opinionated fool like Dukes being made to agree with EVERYTHING that comes out of double-nickel's mouth. Dude is quick to crap on callers, but does nothing but tuck his tail between his legs when on air with Lavar.

Im sorry. Everyone has potential, but if you flat out freelance and disobey the coach's schemes and play out of position, and do your own thing out there....what does that make you?

I'll give you the 2002 probowl season with 11 sacks. Marvin Lewis pretty much let him do what he wanted on Defense.

The three All-pro selections speak for themselves and no poster on this board has the credibility to strip those away. There was a period of time when the guy was good, not great, but good. Furthermore Marvin Lewis is no fool and he's a lot more credible than Gregg Williams IMO. I think Lavar would have had a pretty good career if he hadn't chosen the worst agents imaginable and had healthier knees. Perhaps not with the Redskins but he was good enough to contribute significantly to a NFL team.

This is not to say that his opinions are his radio show are good. I don't think they are.

The three All-pro selections speak for themselves and no poster on this board has the credibility to strip those away. There was a period of time when the guy was good, not great, but good. Furthermore Marvin Lewis is no fool and he's a lot more credible than Gregg Williams IMO. I think Lavar would have had a pretty good career if he hadn't chosen the worst agents imaginable and had healthier knees. Perhaps not with the Redskins but he was good enough to contribute significantly to a NFL team.

This is not to say that his opinions are his radio show are good. I don't think they are.

You know, for the physical freak that Arrington was, I wonder how much time he put into film and preparation. I think that lack is what shows up in his radio show.

You know, for the physical freak that Arrington was, I wonder how much time he put into film and preparation. I think that lack is what shows up in his radio show.

You don't hear too many media outlets talking about the cerebral aspect of outside linebackers, that's the generic story line they reserve for middle linebackers. If I had to guess though I wouldn't assume that Lavar was a guy that put in a greater amount of film study than the average starting NFL linebacker. He doesn't talk about football like the film nuts and coaches do where they immediately talk about every play like it's an X's and O's diagram.

You don't hear too many media outlets talking about the cerebral aspect of outside linebackers, that's the generic story line they reserve for middle linebackers. If I had to guess though I wouldn't assume that Lavar was a guy that put in a greater amount of film study than the average starting NFL linebacker. He doesn't talk about football like the film nuts and coaches do where they immediately talk about every play like it's an X's and O's diagram.

He couldn't get along with Marvin Lewis, Gregg Williams, or Joe Gibbs. He was a total physical freak, and should have been our version of Ray Lewis. Instead he was a distraction, came up with 1 good play on and 0-5 team and burned every bridge he could.

He's a complete and total joke. He knows nothing about team, nothing about preparation, nothing about selflessness, and nothing about winning at the NFL level. Why anybody listens to him about anything is completely beyond me.

When his show eventually gets canceled, I will dance an irish jig.

He's just a complete waste.

Lavar Arrington is a bumbling fool who struggles with the English language. For the life of me I have no idea how he landed a radio gig.

I love the Redskins and have a need for listening to podcasts so unfortunately for me it results in taking in his show every now and again. Sometimes it's palatable but today wasn't one of those days. In one segment in which they were discussing Fred Davis a caller called in and noted that the Redskins were a good team that had won the division with 10 wins even though Davis was hurt during the run. Well didn't Lavar trash the guy while saying the Redskins were NOT a good team at all and basically cursed the guy for thinking they won 10 games. Lavar said "they won what, 8, 9?.. with an easy schedule.." The sad part is that Dukes didn't know how many games they won either.

What a joke this guy is. Here is the link so you can hear his ignorance for yourselves (around the 8 minute mark)

http://nyc.podcast.play.it/media/d0/d0/d1/d2/dD/dS/d4/12DS4_4.MP3

I got in my car around 5:00 today and Lavar was ranting about someone who had called or texted or tweeted him or something and had pissed him off. I enjoyed it because Lavar sounded stupid like usual, and it was clear someone had gotten under his skin despite his repeated denials.

Lavar Arrington is a bumbling fool who struggles with the English language. For the life of me I have no idea how he landed a radio gig.

I love the Redskins and have a need for listening to podcasts so unfortunately for me it results in taking in his show every now and again. Sometimes it's palatable but today wasn't one of those days. In one segment in which they were discussing Fred Davis a caller called in and noted that the Redskins were a good team that had won the division with 10 wins even though Davis was hurt during the run. Well didn't Lavar trash the guy while saying the Redskins were NOT a good team at all and basically cursed the guy for thinking they won 10 games. Lavar said "they won what, 8, 9?.. with an easy schedule.." The sad part is that Dukes didn't know how many games they won either.

What a joke this guy is. Here is the link so you can hear his ignorance for yourselves (around the 9 minute mark)

http://nyc.podcast.play.it/media/d0/d0/d1/d2/dD/dS/d4/12DS4_4.MP3

Wow, that's... that's really bad. Even for these two clowns.

Lavar said "they won what, 8, 9?.. with an easy schedule.." The sad part is that Dukes didn't know how many games they won either.

Do I know you :) ?

He seems like he's more and more manic these days... I think I've listened two or three times the last few years, and that's because there was basketball being broadcasted on 980 on my way home.

---------- Post added March-18th-2013 at 06:30 PM ----------

I got in my car around 5:00 today and Lavar was ranting about someone who had called or texted or tweeted him or something and had pissed him off. I enjoyed it because Lavar sounded stupid like usual, and it was clear someone had gotten under his skin despite his repeated denials.

what was it about (if you heard it, I mean) just for future reference :)

Do I know you :) ?

He seems like he's more and more manic these days... I think I've listened two or three times the last few years, and that's because there was basketball being broadcasted on 980 on my way home.

---------- Post added March-18th-2013 at 06:30 PM ----------

what was it about (if you heard it, I mean) just for future reference :)

I heard it around 4:58 also

Talked about trolling and ratings and the truth that he even says to his mama

I heard it around 4:58 also

Talked about trolling and ratings and the truth that he even says to his mama

Hahaha, the ratings. That's the other thing... 106.7 shows all talk about 980. If you listened to 980 you wouldn't know about 106.7 the fan with VERY few exceptions (like when Blatche and Danny R. got into it, 980 commented on that).... but 106.7 is so stupid by doing that. It's like, "hey, if I am a douchebag to you, you can turn to this radio station and get me fired for my low ratings." Hahaha.

DoC, is that you? If so, then I get where you've disappeared to! lol

It is me... SkinsFanOttawa

Yes, it's me bro. Welcome to a real board. Glad you made it over. :)

and if you want some alternative listening up there you should look at the httr 24/7 guys and thier podcasts. They are a must listen.

Archived