Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate Lavar and Chad

riggo4ever

chad dukes had breast reduction surgery lol..... and it was great when lurch called in and called dukes out as hating sports and what not, then dukes threw a fit and that segment mysteriously disappeared from the podcast the next day

Wasn't that when he called in hammered?

it sure was hahaha, i believe lurch said hes more worried about what was gonna happen on monday night raw rather than if the redskins receivers had improved their route running, or something to that effect lol

Well seeing that both stations have their issues, are there alternatives for just simply, intelligent, and entertaining sports talk in the area? Internet radio? Podcasts?

Options

http://www.eyesradio.com/shows/bt-sports-radio/

http://www.eyesradio.com/shows/clutch-sports-radio/

http://www.eyesradio.com/shows/run-tmc-sports/

http://www.eyesradio.com/shows/urban-sports-scene/

There are other shows/podcasts out there. Lots of alternatives for those that don't like to be handcuffed to the same thing every day.

Well seeing that both stations have their issues, are there alternatives for just simply, intelligent, and entertaining sports talk in the area? Internet radio? Podcasts?

The HTTR 24/7 podcast features ES's own LavarLeap, JSteelz, myself, & @MrDCsports, & @Red_Ridn_Hood from twitter.

We've had Joe Theismann, Willie McGinnis, Warren Sapp, Alfred Morris, Adam Gettis, Chase Minnifield, Micheal Lombardi, rich Tandler, John Keim, Chris Baker, Keenan Robinson, Jennifer Williams, Joshua Morgan, Josh LeRibeus, Rich Cambell, Bram Weinstein, & Anthony Armstrong all on the show.

Thanks Coach, that is sick! How were you able to get so many top shelf guests! Will definitely check that out! Something that's a break from the everyday

---------- Post added August-22nd-2012 at 09:26 PM ----------

thanks Insider. Yep, like a change from the same old schtick, and if these guys can give me some good SPORTS TALK then I'm all in!

Thanks Coach, that is sick! How were you able to get so many top shelf guests! Will definitely check that out! Something that's a break from the everyday

It's a cross between voodoo, black majik, & the Dark Side of the Force.

:saber:

Not only that' date=' but once the hour runs out and Lavar finally asks his question, it's always a yes or no question and the interviewee answers it in about 3 seconds.

"I have a question for you. Now, I loved making tackles when I played. I would run from one sideline to the other and make a tackles. I once tackled Troy Aikman and ended his career. It was a YUGE hit (notice that he can't friggin pronounce the HU sound..). I mean, I would imagine myself as a lion, and the opponent as a gazelle. I would run him down and use my claws to destroy him. I was a lion out there. Tackling everyone, everywhere. I felt I was the best tackler ever. I was. I was a lion, tackling machine. I could probably tackle a lion. My question is, London, have you ever tackled anyone?"[/quote']

I was literally laughing out loud reading this :ols:

I'm absolutely disgusted that Arrington made it into the 80 Greatest Redskins. The guy crapped all over the fans, former teammates, and HOF coach after he left.

Calling Joe Gibbs a "coward" was the just the tip of the iceberg for this ass-clown. I remember an interview Portis gave several years back in which he claimed that Sean Taylor didn't care too much for Arrington, in fact Portis and Taylor had considered jumping Arrington after practice because of Arrington's douchebaggery towards the 2004 rookie class. Then at Taylor's funeral, Arrington gets on the stage and reads this emotional eulogy about Sean will always be his "guardian angel."

News flash *******, Sean's funeral wasn't about YOU and your guardian angel. The funeral was designed to celebrate the life of a young man who was tragically taken from his family and friends in a senseless act of violence.

I'm absolutely disgusted that Arrington made it into the 80 Greatest Redskins. The guy crapped all over the fans, former teammates, and HOF coach after he left.

Calling Joe Gibbs a "coward" was the just the tip of the iceberg for this ass-clown. I remember an interview Portis gave several years back in which he claimed that Sean Taylor didn't care too much for Arrington, in fact Portis and Taylor had considered jumping Arrington after practice because of Arrington's douchebaggery towards the 2004 rookie class. Then at Taylor's funeral, Arrington gets on the stage and reads this emotional eulogy about Sean will always be his "guardian angel."

News flash *******, Sean's funeral wasn't about YOU and your guardian angel. The funeral was designed to celebrate the life of a young man who was tragically taken from his family and friends in a senseless act of violence.

I agree that shame that Lavar made this list. I think the more telling story is how few great players we have had since the last super bowl.

I remember an interview Portis gave several years back in which he claimed that Sean Taylor didn't care too much for Arrington, in fact Portis and Taylor had considered jumping Arrington after practice because of Arrington's douchebaggery towards the 2004 rookie class. Then at Taylor's funeral, Arrington gets on the stage and reads this emotional eulogy about Sean will always be his "guardian angel."

Man, I was mad at LaVar for those things to, but when he did play for us he was a good player and I feel he deserves to be on the list. Obviously a lot of other people do and thats why hes on it.

It wasn't just the guardian angel absurd statement, but Lavar continued making it all about himself saying he wanted to apologize and be back in the Redskins family, something along those lines. It was the most awkward moment in the funeral because it was so much about Lavar and very little about Sean. Can't believe Lavar did that, it was disgusting.

It wasn't just the guardian angel absurd statement, but Lavar continued making it all about himself saying he wanted to apologize and be back in the Redskins family, something along those lines. It was the most awkward moment in the funeral because it was so much about Lavar and very little about Sean. Can't believe Lavar did that, it was disgusting.

Lavar try's to make everything about him. The Penn State sex scandal, Junior Seau's passing, Sean's funeral, etc.

The HTTR 24/7 podcast features ES's own LavarLeap, JSteelz, myself, & @MrDCsports, & @Red_Ridn_Hood from twitter.

We've had Joe Theismann, Willie McGinnis, Warren Sapp, Alfred Morris, Adam Gettis, Chase Minnifield, Micheal Lombardi, rich Tandler, John Keim, Chris Baker, Keenan Robinson, Jennifer Williams, Joshua Morgan, Josh LeRibeus, Rich Cambell, Bram Weinstein, & Anthony Armstrong all on the show.

Except ... all you talk about is the Redskins and they aren't even the biggest story in DC Sports. It gets really dull after a while. Very little humor. Very bland. It's the kind of thing I would listen to on Monday and that's about it.

Lavar try's to make everything about him. The Penn State sex scandal, Junior Seau's passing, Sean's funeral, etc.

Well ... I mean, the show does have his name on it. And at least two of the three things you mentioned he had a direct link to.

I don't understand why so many of you claim to hate the show, but are constantly in here complaining about it.

Since youre the expert on race, please chime in

If anything, he is saying that the Redskins Organization are racists. Him mentioning race as an issue in the Organization does not make him a racist. If you or I made the same statements it would not make us racists.

And Lavar stole this from the movie How High.

NSFW:

not to defend Lavar or the show, but of course it was taken from How High. Anyone who saw that movie has said that a million times. Its only funny to people who never heard of How High or heard that phrase before.

And I think Lavar has def been one of the 80 greatest redskins. He was a very good player on this team and a national star in a bad period.

Lavar is a dumbass racist who isnt worthy of ever being on the air. He is dumb as **** when it comes to any sports other than football, and he even struggles with simple football analysis. His corny act is getting really OLD. He's not funny and just annoys the hell out of me. In my opinion, he's bringing Dukes down

a racist? what is wrong you?

You are probably one of those who throws this word around but then get your panties in a bunch when someone says, "x player is black," and then go "well hey man, lets not throw out the race card."

Lavar is an idiot but he is obviously not a racist.

Sports Reporters leaves me feeling completely miserable. The passive aggressiveness, the ignorant questions they already have answers to, and their pretend overall sports knowledge which is actually the statistics sheet and computer in front of them. Sports reporters is TERRIBLE. Not to mention the horrendous sound of those guys voices along with their ****ty use of words, and the way they use adjectives and sounds to make points for example "Yea andy, they're drinking the kool-aid (SLURP SLURP SLURP)"

Sports Reporters is full of ****.

its a boring and unimportant show with no entertainment value. I dont like Lavar and Chad, but it absolutely destroys that show

Certainly. During the 2009 season I heard on a number of occasions that upper management had it out for Jason Campbell and Lavar mentioned race as the issue. In the middle of 2010, Lavar mentioned on multiple occasisions that the Shanahan's purposlely didnt want a black QB to succeed, following the whole Mcnabb disaster. In the last 2 weeks, he's mentioned people will still view Luck as the better QB if he has a poor season and threw in a couple of lines about race, and just last week when they played the Chad Johnson 911 call, went on a stupid rant about why the police asked what race the suspect was.

Why do I listen to them? Because like everyone else on here, I loved Lavar as a Redskin, and want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but as each show passes I start to hate him more and more.

good grief, saying something is racist means that person is a racist? :ols:

just like I said when a black person says, "X player is black," that means they are racist to you. :ols:

None of this makes him a racist. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Do you really think that if he were white and he brought all these points up about a white QB being hammered because of his race he would be viewed as a racist.

My mom is friends with Dukes’ mom.. when I met her she was excited to talk to me since I live in NOVA and am a Skins fan. I didn’t have the heart to tell her I think her son is a fat turd who is a worthless waste of airtime and is directly contributing the dumbing down of the average sports fan.

I can’t believe this is my first post in this thread.

you can tell who has actually listened to one, or both, of the radio stations and who hasn't.

You beat me to it man. The only person that could be considered sugarcoating things would be Sheehan on the sports fix but he will even bash the skins for stupid moves at times. 980 can bash the Skins and Snyder as much as 106.7 if not more at times.

to be fair i think shehan's sugarcoating is due to his homerism for the team, not some sort of ass kissing of snyder (as is implied by people who, shocker, don't even listen to the station)

• 1 month later...

Its killing the tool "Marcus from College Park" that we are on the rise. Killing him. They are straining to find something to ***** about. I can't stand that dude.

Also, do I start a new thread to rip that other moron on 106.7 - UnWise Mike? How in the world did that pansy become a sports journalist? I can't even fathom what some suit thinks makes that guy worthy to be a on e sports radio show. He's absurd.

Archived