Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate Lavar and Chad

riggo4ever

You have to love Lavar's lack of insight. Much like he was as a player he is mostly a bust. I'd love to see him move back to Pittsburgh. He says he's a Redskin fan but all he does is attack. Then there is his sidekick, who is a story until himself. Quack, quack.

I used to come in this thread on a regular basis and ask why anyone listened to this show, and to try to throw out ESPN 980 as a much better alternative because I had (at the time) just recently found ESPN 980 and was trying to spread the word. For the most part I was ignored and shrugged off (at least it felt that way).

It makes me happy to now see quite a few other people saying the same thing. Obviously people are shying away from this show (and 106.7 the fan dc in general) for better alternatives; either espn 980 for their sports, or other stations that are non-sports realted.

106.7 the fan doesn't have a single show in the top 10 anymore. People are clearly not listening to the station anymore.

http://www.radio-info.com/markets/washington

WTEM (espn 980) is .8 higher on the ratings than WJFK (106.7).

I know it seems like it's not a big difference, but 106.7 is on the downward trend. DCRTV.com even refers to their ratings as 'anemic' http://www.dcrtv.com/davetv.html

Keep convincing people to switch stations. 106.7 is awful, they have no business being a sports talk station. Their hosts are not journalists, they're bandwagon haters and fans alike and they actively participate in spreading stories with not all the information to skew opinions and rile people up just to for the sake of trying to improve their ratings.

Honestly, I don't mind Overtime and Kevin & Rock, it's only Lavar & Breast Reduction Dukes that I can't stand, so I wouldn't necessarily tell someone to quit listenin gto the station alltogether.

980 can be boring as hell at times, though their knowledge of sports/ability to present arguments is far superior to The Fan.

Honestly, I don't mind Overtime and Kevin & Rock, it's only Lavar & Breast Reduction Dukes that I can't stand, so I wouldn't necessarily tell someone to quit listenin gto the station alltogether.

980 can be boring as hell at times, though their knowledge of sports/ability to present arguments is far superior to The Fan.

980 (and it's FM affiliate) is not only boring, but pretty much always on commerical.

well ratings for individual shows matter. so not listening to a show vs not listening to a station just depends on what suits you. i'd rather get correct information, so i tend to prefer espn 980 over 106.7 the fan.

that said I do love kevin and rock's show.

It may sound awful...but Chad is 10x more tolerable than Lavar. Lavar is quite possibly, the dumbest person on the radio that I've ever heard. Honestly, when CC47's time is up, I'd much rather have him on the afternoon drive w. Dukes instead of Arrington.

When I realized that Lavar and Chad (and the Junks, less so) are just spewing for entertainment value, they are kinda fun to listen to. Whenever a caller has a valid point, they go ape **** and hang up on them. Why? Because it ain't good showbiz. I think they're being sensationalistic in order to drive ratings - I'm guessing they're not very good. Their reasoning is circular, overly-expressive, and unreasonably critical -- all the stuff of good entertainment. So I don't take 'em seriously - I think they're just being goofballs for a reason.

I turned it on for a second today in the middle of Choad's rant. I think some half chewed potato chips flew out of my radio.

I switched over, and had a much better time listening to that Rev Redskins guy who called in to the Doc show.

That guy was a riot.

~Bang

I agree that he is a riot. Every time I hear his stupid pre-written garbage I want to tear gas him. shoot him with rubber bullets and beat him with a baton.

It may sound awful...but Chad is 10x more tolerable than Lavar. Lavar is quite possibly, the dumbest person on the radio that I've ever heard. Honestly, when CC47's time is up, I'd much rather have him on the afternoon drive w. Dukes instead of Arrington.

The problem with Dukes -- and it's well documented -- is he HATES sports. Well real, legitimate sports -- he is a big fan of WWE (not that there's anything wrong with that). As evidenced by his twittering about Raw instead of the Skins-Boys game this past year.

I would love CC47 -- but anyone BUT Dukes.

If you have an educated philosophically sophisticated view point, that they close-mindedly don't agree with, they will cut you off and mimic you to listeners as if you are an ignorant hillbilly. They are VERY prejudice.

Some of the ignorant hillybillys really are just unable to articulate their point....Tim from LaPlata doesn't understand how to arrive at a point.

Another thing is Dukes is ALWAYS sticking his chest out regarding their AMAZING ratings, when you have comments that rival one Skip Bayless you stand out.

People listen and wondering how your pulling all this schtick out of your ass.

---------- Post added May-1st-2012 at 09:23 AM ----------

The problem with Dukes -- and it's well documented -- is he HATES sports. Well real, legitimate sports -- he is a big fan of WWE (not that there's anything wrong with that). As evidenced by his twittering about Raw instead of the Skins-Boys game this past year.

I would love CC47 -- but anyone BUT Dukes.

He's admitted to it way back, I've listened to old clips when he would call into the Junkies...my god how the times have changed, that right there was hilarious. He would admit to liking football but was a complete dullard in every other sport.

btw - if you're looking for something aside from the junkies and mike and mike in the morning, try out sports talk 570. Czabe is on in the morning.

i've been listening for the last 2 weeks. not completely sure i'll switch, still checking it out.

The Fan gets ratings by default. It kills the male demo, because there really is no alternative in this market. Dukes is a decent on air guy that has limited sports knowledge and is in the wrong format. LaVar is a moron that likes to hear himself talk, he's terrible on air and has limited knowledge of sports including football. The real problem here is their Station Director CK. The Junkies mailed it in years ago, he brought in Holden Kushner and promoted him to mid days, and gave LaVar 5 hrs of air time to kill in the afternoon. The Fan is a Men's Lifestyle Station under a sports pretense.

When I realized that Lavar and Chad (and the Junks, less so) are just spewing for entertainment value, they are kinda fun to listen to. Whenever a caller has a valid point, they go ape **** and hang up on them. Why? Because it ain't good showbiz. I think they're being sensationalistic in order to drive ratings - I'm guessing they're not very good. Their reasoning is circular, overly-expressive, and unreasonably critical -- all the stuff of good entertainment. So I don't take 'em seriously - I think they're just being goofballs for a reason.

I couldn't agree with you more. It took some time for me to come to the same realization that these guys are doing this to simply stoke the fire. Its like that with most talk radio and TV analysts. What fun would it be if they always agreed with what the team does? When I do listen to Lavar & Chad, I feel sorry for them more than anger towards them. Chad is clearly not a sports fan and has admitted to this in the past. Lavar, while he can provide a little insight on the inner workings of the locker room and the life of a pro athlete, is clearly not suited for radio for reasons that have been mentioned numerous times in this thread.

Pretty much how I feel. Most sports shows are boring because they only talk about sports. It gets boring because there is only so much to talk about in DC sports. It will get even worse come the end the hockey playoffs. Then it will be everyone gushing over how good the Skins look and maybe five minutes of talking about the Nationals (who will probably be in first place). Danny is the only except to that. He likes to talk Nats. Then again, he can actually comment intelligently on it.

God, I put on 980 yesterday and they were talking about the Wizards. They kept gushing about how good John Wall is and how needs to become a "great defender" like Gary Payton. I lasted all of 2 minutes with this before I just put on music.

We need a petition to put Kevin and Rock in Chad and Lavars spot.

btw - if you're looking for something aside from the junkies and mike and mike in the morning, try out sports talk 570. Czabe is on in the morning.

i've been listening for the last 2 weeks. not completely sure i'll switch, still checking it out.

Agreed. Best morning Sports show by far. I used to be a Junkies listener....I guess out of default for all of these years. Just one week of 570 and I realized just how little sports the Junkies actually talk about any more. It almost seems like they would rather talk about inane bs and stupid cultural happenings. Funny listening to these guys discuss hockey, baseball, and football. It is kinda of crazy how little these guys know and how often they admit it.

106.7 the fan doesn't have a single show in the top 10 anymore. People are clearly not listening to the station anymore.

http://www.radio-info.com/markets/washington

WTEM (espn 980) is .8 higher on the ratings than WJFK (106.7).

I know it seems like it's not a big difference, but 106.7 is on the downward trend. DCRTV.com even refers to their ratings as 'anemic' http://www.dcrtv.com/davetv.html

There have been rumors for the last month or so that big changes are coming to 106.7. That putting UnWise Mike from 10-2 to 12-2 and sticking Rouhier at 10-12 with Kushner was just the tip of the iceberg. Maybe a last gasp at getting something positive going. It's not going to work. I'll be SHOCKED if there aren't HUGE changes coming in the next 6 months or so. And thank God.

It's sad what they've done to the what used to be the premier station in the area. Thank you Chris Kinard.

i just can't stand UnWise Mike or lavar, and i can't stand dukes talking about sports (he was awesome when it was just the big o and dukes show)

i hate to say it but i pray for the station's demise because of those 3 things.

Does it only come on 570 AM, or is it like ESPN980 where they have like 5 different frequencies?

They were pissing me off so much last night regarding Cousins. They are both so hopefully hopeless.

Not just hopefully hopeless, but they can't see the bigger picture. They get obsessed with one detail and understand what a logical strategic plan entails.

Archived