Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate Lavar and Chad

riggo4ever

Arrington ripping the Skins again; claiming he could do a "100x better job" than Bruce Allen.

man ... while he's being a numbnut with these comments ... old 56 has won me over as a radio guy. I like him. Dukes I'm not too fond of.

Arrington ripping the Skins again; claiming he could do a "100x better job" than Bruce Allen.

It's just more proof that anything negative; this tandem will blow it out of proportion. Allen has brought respectability back to this organization -- a far cry from Lavar being allowed to do whatever the hell he wants...

man ... while he's being a numbnut with these comments ... old 56 has won me over as a radio guy. I like him. Dukes I'm not too fond of.

You're kidding me, right? What makes him a good radio guy? He's the Rush Limbaugh of Redskins radio, he rarely has ANYTHING good to say about the team, while always touting how much he 'loves' them.

It's just more proof that anything negative; this tandem will blow it out of proportion. Allen has brought respectability back to this organization -- a far cry from Lavar being allowed to do whatever the hell he wants...

Arington is the most disapointing, never was but was supposed to be player in 'Skins history.

It's sad.

What's worse is that people listen to him and thing that he's a credible football analyst. A player who can't get along with Greg Williams, Joe Gibbs and Marvin Lewis doesn't deserve to be listened to. He had 1 play for an 0-5 team, other than that he was a useless POS.

Clearly so many people disagree that LaVar sucks, cause they voted him in as one of the 80 greatest skins..ever. I tend to agree as a player, all he really did was be the least worst of a really bad time of football. Chris Samuels was far and away the better player from the same draft. The only LaVar leap I remember was when he got us 15 yards for piling on, which BTW, was the only time I've ever seen that penalty called.

All that said, if he's willing to allegiance to B&G and live and die with the rest of us, I'll take him. I thought he was really overly negative too when he first got on the air, but he was right in hindsight to be critical.

Anyway you slice it, life isn't the same without the Don and Mike show...just not the same.

What's so ironic about this thread is that most people here are calling Lavar and Dukes negative and complaining about them. Yet, it's rare I see someone post a thread where 80 percent of the comments aren't negative towards the OP. Whatever makes some of you feel tougher I guess. That is all.

Hail.

Which makes sense, considering how well he handled his own contract.

or his own business. Didn't he own a sports bar and it went under and he closed it down because he sucks with money? And didn't even pay the guys and gals (with their own families) who worked for him?

You're kidding me, right? What makes him a good radio guy? He's the Rush Limbaugh of Redskins radio, he rarely has ANYTHING good to say about the team, while always touting how much he 'loves' them.

No man, i just dig him. Not exactly sure why. He just cracks me up. I think also, the fact that he played makes me pay attention a little more. More than if i was listening to the Junkies or Czabe for example.

I agree with this. I can't stand the way they (mainly Chad) treats callers, especially ones who disagree with him. I still remember when the debate was RG3 vs Luck (back during the 2011 season before RG3 had the fame he has now). He would literally call people stupid and hang up on them if they tried to argue that RG3 would be a better QB than Luck. And now they're just too opinion based and treat opinions as facts. ESPN980 isn't much better. I mean they're just boring. Occasionally I'll tune into BMitch and Doc, but I have similar problems with BMitch.

...That being said they're probably my third favorite (or most listened to) radio show on that station (after the Junkies and Kevin and Rock). At least they come with something. UnWise Mike and Holden weren't that good, but the bits on Holden and Danny are just unbearable. I'd rather listen to NPR than them, and I literally do turn over to 88.5 and listen to Diane Rehm (with her scratchy voice, God bless her) and Kojo Namdi (Naaaamdi).

Lavar is just incoherent and DUMB. He's awful on the radio and I really wonder what Chad Dukes REALLY thinks of him. Dude stays kissing his behind. Their afternoon show is an afterthought to me. I'm usually listening to 980 or Sirius.

I like the Junkies, because they don't pretend to be experts at knowing sports...on top of it all, they do treat callers well and with respect.

When I get the chance, I do enjoy Danny and Holden mid-day.

Lavar is just incoherent and DUMB. He's awful on the radio and I really wonder what Chad Dukes REALLY thinks of him. Dude stays kissing his behind. Their afternoon show is an afterthought to me. I'm usually listening to 980 or Sirius.

I like the Junkies, because they don't pretend to be experts at knowing sports...on top of it all, they do treat callers well and with respect.

When I get the chance, I do enjoy Danny and Holden mid-day.

How could two people listen to the same thing and have such different view points ...

I think Lavar if anything is very clear in his thoughts, sure he can ramble and be a goof ball sometimes but when he has a serious point to make on a topic, he does a decent job.

The Junkies? I mean, if you were to get some of the more articulate and respected posters on this board and give them a show ... THEY WOULD BLOW THE JUNKIES OUT OF THE WATER. With little or no training.

Also, I distinctly remember changing the radio station and not coming back for awhile because of how they handled one call .. .so freaking rude, and it wasn't funny. If they were rude and funny, different story.

I strictly listen to 106.7 for the Skins' beat reporter and for breaking news ... nothing else. This a.m. Paulson did his thing, then Junkies started talking about what they were packing for some ****ing trip ... I was out, quick. 4-5 min tops.

How could two people listen to the same thing and have such different view points ...

I think Lavar if anything is very clear in his thoughts, sure he can ramble and be a goof ball sometimes but when he has a serious point to make on a topic, he does a decent job.

The Junkies? I mean, if you were to get some of the more articulate and respected posters on this board and give them a show ... THEY WOULD BLOW THE JUNKIES OUT OF THE WATER. With little or no training.

Also, I distinctly remember changing the radio station and not coming back for awhile because of how they handled one call .. .so freaking rude, and it wasn't funny. If they were rude and funny, different story.

I strictly listen to 106.7 for the Skins' beat reporter and for breaking news ... nothing else. This a.m. Paulson did his thing, then Junkies started talking about what they were packing for some ****ing trip ... I was out, quick. 4-5 min tops.

Well said. Its not a sports show but fits perfectly in the DC metro area. Living in Boston they also have 2 different stations and it's all about the 4 major sports. No trips, gambling, hollywood gossip etc. DC listeners enjoy that i suppose. Junks get ratings thus survive on air.

Just a small example of how DMV isn't really a die hard sports town, regardless of the success (or failures) of its teams!!

106.7 is dead to me. I gave the 'Fan' a chance. The station encourages the worst kind of fan. From the uninformed Junkies to even less informed Lavar and Dukes. These are the bread and butter time slots for the station and this is what they decided to serve the public.

Junkies = 'The View' for sports challenged men who would rather be watching the Bachelor and like talking like my 8th grade nephew

No man, i just dig him. Not exactly sure why. He just cracks me up. I think also, the fact that he played makes me pay attention a little more. More than if i was listening to the Junkies or Czabe for example.

106.7 has got you right where they want you sucker. Just because this goon played in the NFL doesnt make him or his show any good.

106.7 has got you right where they want you sucker. Just because this goon played in the NFL doesnt make him or his show any good.

Anyone who listens to Lavar should listen to The Afternoon Blitz on NFL Radio. Love to hear the callers call in to that show with their ideas -- only to be met with questions like "why do you think that?" to generate discussion rather than insults. Not to mention I have heard real analysis on that show -- like discussing formations, what teams like to do what from certain formations, players strengths etc.

Lavar has never once offered an analysis of a formation...most likely b/c he has never recognized one ever...

I disagree. I really think Lavar is horrible on air. His "points" are often nonsensical and are just rambling. I really wonder how much prep work he does before he goes on in the afternoons? Probably not a lot.

Not for nothing - I think you are discrediting the Junkies a bit. I know they are not everyone's cup of tea, but they've been a radio mainstay in this area for around 15 years. Saying someone with little or no training could do what they do is marganilizing (sp?) the job. It's not easy being on air for 4+ hours in a day.

*Grant Paulsen is going to be an absolute stud in this business. I wouldn't be shocked if he's got a big deal down the road with ESPN or something along those lines. He's great.

---------- Post added March-12th-2013 at 10:43 AM ----------

Anyone who listens to Lavar should listen to The Afternoon Blitz on NFL Radio. Love to hear the callers call in to that show with their ideas -- only to be met with questions like "why do you think that?" to generate discussion rather than insults. Not to mention I have heard real analysis on that show -- like discussing formations, what teams like to do what from certain formations, players strengths etc.

Lavar has never once offered an analysis of a formation...most likely b/c he has never recognized one ever...

This is what gets me with Lavar - he just can't bring any insight to the game...even as an ex-player. Magic Johnson is the same way...but less annoying.

:rotflmao: I haven't been flat our called a "sucker" since the 6th or 7th grade.

You can't for a second tell me that if you got Czabin, Lurch, and Lavar are talking about the NFL, you would not listen to Lavar a little closer than the other two ... a guy that played in 84 NFL games and started 72 of those.

That's what I'm saying, if he's talking about shedding a block, or dropping into coverage, or tackling the likes of Steven Jackson or Frank Gore, I'm listening.

:rotflmao: I haven't been flat our called a "sucker" since the 6th or 7th grade.

You can't for a second tell me that if you got Czabin, Lurch, and Lavar are talking about the NFL, you would not listen to Lavar a little closer than the other two ... a guy that played in 84 NFL games and started 72 of those.

That's what I'm saying, if he's talking about shedding a block, or dropping into coverage, or tackling the likes of Steven Jackson or Frank Gore, I'm listening.

Based off of what he brings to the table in the afternoons? Why would I listen to Lavar?

Listen to Matt Bowen - ex-player who is now in the media as far as seeing the difference between him and Lavar when it comes to breaking down the game.

I'm not. You know why? B/c he doesn't understand the game. He may talk about sacking Aikman. But he'll never mention leaving Jim Finn completely uncovered to rush Kerry Collins -- allowing him to set up the game winning FG in 2003...

Archived