Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Hate Lavar and Chad

riggo4ever

Personally I know people talked about it but I don't know if he was boo'd by some at the 80 greatest induction at Panthers game but I hope he was, because his stupidity and ego, dangerous combo, led him to disgrace the Skins several times and IMO he didn't deserve the induction.

He wasn't boo'ed. He actually had one of the louder cheers. I took the advice of others and just sat there. Clapped for most everyone else though.

but how did he ever manage to grasp a playbook?

And there you have it! He never DID grasp a playbook. Think about the DCs that he had who he couldn't get along with:

2000: Ray Rhodes

2001: Kurt Schoettenhiemer, who let him do anything he wanted.

2002: Marvin Lewis, who said that he had no idea what Lavar was doing, and he was hurting the defense in 2001.

2003: George Edwards (let him do anything he wanted)

2004-2006: Gregg Williams, who was so frustrated with Lavar, he benched him.

It actually takes quite a bit of work to have Marvin and Gregg Williams both pissed off at you. Say what you want about either as a HC or a person, they both are very good defensive coordinators, but run extremely disciplined schemes. Their schemes have both won SBs.

Lavar couldn't adjust to either. And he called Gibbs a coward.

He can go suck it as far as I'm concerned. Most over-rated, numb-skull idiot player they've had in the last 30 years.

Apparently UnWise Mike is leaving 106.7. Holden and Danny's show will be increased to four hours.

if i met wise, i'd probably really like him. but once he said 'they dont count' regarding red mesa high school (a nearly 100% native american high school who chose 'redskins' as their mascot) and their opinion of the name, he lost any credibility he ever had.

bleeding hearts are one thing. he was a dunce. he made wilbon look like rush limbaugh.

• 4 weeks later...

the holden show on JFK is the worst incarnation of all local shows on podcast, I thought i would be happy UnWise Mike had been vacated but this replacement is possibly even more irritating.

stfu with the bashing and second guessing, I want skins news and to hear local insight, not the anti skin views of a couple of unfunny jerk offs.

So,..signing Bowen, Cofield and Josh Wilson is cause for celebration? Please,....

The track record of this team for most of the past decade has been failure, period. Until they have consistent success in terms of winning I don't see why they have to hype up any move regarding personal the Redskins make. Do they lean negative most of the time? Yes, they do. But unfortunately the lack of success on and off the off is the reason why,

It's simple -- the Redskins start winning on a consistent basis and I guarantee the negative spin stops.

Is this Lava or Chad? Either way your show sucks!!

The only reason Chad Dukes sucks up to Lavar is because he's been told to. As already mentioned in this thread, he was already suspended for putting Lavar on blast and basically calling him a gaffe machine. Chad is just playing his role right now.

When was that. I'd like to hear the podcast.

Anyway, they're both dumbasses. I'll call in when Chad pulls some bullcrap story from some blog that has nothing to do with sports but has to do with some black/white issue (I hate that about this show). Or he decides to make something news worthy (like that bull*** story about RGIII being a corn ball....). I think he's a bigot and Lavar's dumbass chimes in and sounds just as stupid as Chad. They alway miss the point and its clearly spin to get callers. Totally gimmicky.

I think Lavar is all right ... just the fact that he played is enough sometimes for me to listen to him. I'm not the biggest fan of Chad because you can tell the sensationalism/drama in his voice. He seems to interested in causing a **** storm. That being said he has made me crack a smile with his comments. I listen to hear the beat reporter come on, that's about it.

Only problem I have with the show is Lavar just doesn't talk like a regular guy. He tries so hard to sound smarter than he is and uses words and phrases that he clearly doesn't understand. Painful to listen to sometimes.

Painful "ain't" the word. Embarrassing may be more appropriate.

Are there any 2 people in the world qualified enough to talk about this whole fake girlfriend story?

These guys are just plain morons.

I'd say Lavar is qualified because he knows all about making stuff up, from his football "career," to his anti-Redskins paranoia, to what he thinks qualifies as the English language and complete sentences.

what i hate about lavar is how frequently he gets things wrong.....i dont like chad, but i even feel bad for him for having to cover for him so much. his most recent blunder was so awkward....they were interviewing redskins players, lavar got something wrong as usual and was corrected...then he said "well one thing i do know, is kai forbath never missed a kick"...in front of kai forbath...it was so awkward. how do you not know that? he probably just watches the highlights of the games before he rolls in to do his show.

what i hate about lavar is how frequently he gets things wrong.....i dont like chad, but i even feel bad for him for having to cover for him so much. his most recent blunder was so awkward....they were interviewing redskins players, lavar got something wrong as usual and was corrected...then he said "well one thing i do know, is kai forbath never missed a kick"...in front of kai forbath...it was so awkward. how do you not know that? he probably just watches the highlights of the games before he rolls in to do his show.

I completely agree with you. Lavar often comes into shows unprepared... forgets stats, players' names, etc. It would be scary to see him on ESPN... he buys into the hype surrounding guys like Ray Lewis (saying Fletcher isn't in the same conversation) and many other players who have had the benefit of being on really good teams. His incoherent ramblings often make no sense, so I have to award him 0 points.

I completely agree with you. Lavar often comes into shows unprepared... forgets stats, players' names, etc. It would be scary to see him on ESPN... he buys into the hype surrounding guys like Ray Lewis (saying Fletcher isn't in the same conversation) and many other players who have had the benefit of being on really good teams. His incoherent ramblings often make no sense, so I have to award him 0 points.

hah I understood that reference

I think Lavar is all right ... just the fact that he played is enough sometimes for me to listen to him. I'm not the biggest fan of Chad because you can tell the sensationalism/drama in his voice. He seems to interested in causing a **** storm. That being said he has made me crack a smile with his comments. I listen to hear the beat reporter come on, that's about it.

Grant Paulson is a phenom. I look forward to the days he gets his own show.

awhile back chad hinted that hed rather have kaepernick over rgiii.....on the air hell only say "blank over blank". im sure hell be slurping kaepernick on tomorrows show.

i love grant...he sometimes does the overtime show during the offseason from 7-11p, he does a great job. i wish they would give grant his own gig and can lavar & chad.

Paulson is great, he actually ironically often comes on and contradicts a point Lavar and Duke made about the team but does a nice job of not sounding disagreeable while doing it. Most recent example was Dukes and Lavar suggesting that Hilliard transferred to being the Bills WR coach because Shanny is difficult to get along with. They asked Paulson about it and he shot it down and talked about Hilliard given more power with the Bills.

I listen to a lot of sports radio, and one thing i'll give Dukes and Lavar is they probably talk Redskins more than any other show. The one thing i don't get is 980 is owned by Danny Snyder but it seems like 106.7 provides twice the coverage of the team. You don't even get any coverage of the Redskins on 980 until noon in many cases. Tony Kornheiser rarely covers them and owns up to the fact that he rarely even watches their games. As for Redskins coverage, Sheehan to me saves 980 -- and Chris Russell is good when he's on. Czaben to me is a lot like Dukes looking for any excuse to slam Shanny.

Chad and Lavar IMO can be entertaining but they are snarky with anyone who disagrees with them, more so than any radio hosts I can think of. And that adds to the negative vibe that show often has -- slamming the Redskins and Shanny and then slamming listeners who disagree. Sheehan for example is very professional and humors listeners who disagree, most radio hosts for that matter do, including other hosts on 106.7.

Still I think they will continue to beat 980 in that time slot for the simple reason that they actually give LOTS of attention to the Redskins -- they get good guests on and if you want to get pumped for a game IMO they are the place to go because they are simply covering it a lot more. Grant Paulson seems to be on 106.7 with a Redskins report like 6 times a day. Conversely, Russell it seems will be on at most twice a week on 980.

Chad is perpetuates the negative stereotype of the Redskin fan. Ignorant knee jerk reactions.

"We suck! We should fire everybody!" "He's the best player in the league at his position!"

His rant on soft/hard tacos again reflected his general lack of knowledge on all subject matter. He really may be the least informed person on radio.... and seems to have difficulty with a general thought process.

I wonder if he has any real life friends....and if he's ever had a female truly be in love with him.

Chad is perpetuates the negative stereotype of the Redskin fan. Ignorant knee jerk reactions.

"We suck! We should fire everybody!" "He's the best player in the league at his position!"

His rant on soft/hard tacos again reflected his general lack of knowledge on all subject matter. He really may be the least informed person on radio.... and seems to have difficulty with a general thought process.

I wonder if he has any real life friends....and if he's ever had a female truly be in love with him.

He has his own School of Rock. Does that count for anything?

---------- Post added January-23rd-2013 at 11:34 AM ----------

This vid always makes me happy. My favorite part is at 1:26 when Dukes carries the ball something awful trying a crossover and then you have to love the finish after he puts a sweet spin move on Cakes.

He has his own School of Rock. Does that count for anything?

---------- Post added January-23rd-2013 at 11:34 AM ----------

This vid always makes me happy. My favorite part is at 1:26 when Dukes carries the ball something awful trying a crossover and then you have to love the finish after he puts a sweet spin move on Cakes.

Love the comments.

boozewoozy 4 years ago

It looks like the disfigured Spartan from 300 Vs. Jack Black.

Archived