Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Patriots Trade Richard Seymour

f_trizzy

Who on our roster can we trade for the Raiders 2010 first round pick? Seriously, there's got to be some way to get a piece of this.

Perhaps this will help the Raiders for this year, but for a first rounder? Dumb move, especially since Seymour is entering the twilight of his career.

Justin Tryon. I hear he is fast!

This is an odd trade. It pretty much confirms what I thought was coming--that the Patriots weren't going to be able to re-sign Seymour and it's a genius move to get a freaking (probably high) first round pick for a guy they were going to let walk anyway. God damn them. It also fits perfectly with a window where they can draft Tom Brady's heir and have him sit and learn for a season or two while Brady approaches retirement.

Such a good move on their part. Now I hope Ron Brace sucks so at least some part of this deal will bite them in the ass.

If we could take the cap hit, we should follow the Patriots' lead and consider trading Andre Carter for a future pick. He'll become redundant fairly soon. Maybe after this season?

This is a very interesting trade on many levels:

1) if you were gearing up for another Super Bowl run, why not keep a solid, valuable veteran DE? Even if you only have that player for one more year, 'you play to win the game' now! This runs counter to so much of Belichik's past history.

2) Kraft is one of the most important and influential owners in the NFL. Is this a signal that the NFL expects to negotiate a new CBA and avoid a work stoppage next year?

3) Following up 2), above, why trade for a 2011 draft pick if you doubt that there will be a CBA in place for that season? There is a labor/management message here.

HTTR

:helmet:

I agree. All along I've thought that the owners and players would get a new CBA done. There is just too much money to be lost if they have to lockout in 2011. No one wants that to happen.

It's a 2011 draft pick. It will almost certainly still be high, though.

That is if the pick still exists. If a CBA isn't in place by 2011, there will be no NFL draft. In a sense, this could actually mean the Raiders pretty much got him for free since the possibility of no CBA by 2011 really exists.

Originally Posted by TheDoyler23 viewpost.gif

Wow. That's what you call bending someone over and not even giving them the goddamn courtesy of a reacharound.

Fixed.

That's not a gamble. No way that defense (let alone the whole team) is one player away from Championship.

Well, amigo, you "fixed" yourself into a week off---and since you were previously warned and were given a break by NOT getting a week off for a very similar matter, hopefully you will not have to keep learning this lesson about acceptable content in this forum. :(

Soooo...did Seymour sleep with Mrs. Kraft? I mean...what does one do to deserve that fate...

Looking at it from this angle that is true. Seymour was probably demanding big money so the Pats sent him off the NFL's version of a nightmare.

Maybe we could do that with our holdouts in the future. Just tell them to accept the money or we will trade you to the Raiders.

Shouldn't the Commish step in and void this for the good of football like Bowie Kuhn did with the Oakland A's or the NBA commish did with the Cleveland Cavaliers when Stepien gave away first rounders for garbage annually back in the day when their owners were making idiotic moves?

Archived