Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Patriots Trade Richard Seymour

f_trizzy

Shouldn't the Commish step in and void this for the good of football like Bowie Kuhn did with the Oakland A's or the NBA commish did with the Cleveland Cavaliers when Stepien gave away first rounders for garbage annually back in the day when their owners were making idiotic moves?

As an A's fan who was PISSED when Kuhn stepped in, that's the first thought I had. Only I wouldn't be pissed this time.

Maybe we could do that with our holdouts in the future. Just tell them to accept the money or we will trade you to the Raiders.

Quite the threat. On one hand, I'm happy that the Raiders' fanbase will continue to suffer at the hands of Davis, but on the other, I'm upset that the Pats get to benefit from Davis' dementia by acquiring a 1st.

One of these days a Raiders fan is going to weigh his/hers options and make the decision that watching the Raiders from a mental facility might just be worth assassinating Davis.

Keep in mind that I am in no way condoning violence.:)

As your attorney I would advise you to kindly request the ES staff to :chair:remove this statement immediately to avoid any legal action in the future.

Maybe we could do that with our holdouts in the future. Just tell them to accept the money or we will trade you to the Raiders.

Yeah, but if everyone started thinking that way, then the Raiders might get good.

:paranoid:

Then again...they only have so many first round draft picks...

While it doesn't make a whole lot of sense in the long run, it is a descent move for Oakland to bring in some veteran leadership with a pedigree of winning. Maybe they are trying to change their culture and then become a real team in a few years. This is a pick in 2011 and not next year.

While it doesn't make a whole lot of sense in the long run, it is a descent move for Oakland to bring in some veteran leadership with a pedigree of winning. Maybe they are trying to change their culture and then become a real team in a few years. This is a pick in 2011 and not next year.

Yeah, but a first round pick is still a first round pick...

I'm not counting the Raiders out.....It's highly unlikely but this is the NFL. Look at what the Dolphins did last year. You can make a world of difference in a team in 1 season let alone 2.

I know it's just preseason, but have you watched them at all in preseason? Aside from the Dallas game, they have looked atrocious, lost and down right lame.

I'm not counting the Raiders out.....It's highly unlikely but this is the NFL. Look at what the Dolphins did last year. You can make a world of difference in a team in 1 season let alone 2.
Dolphins brought in Tuna to run everything and Sparano to take over the coaching, and made some roster changes as well.

Raiders are still using their interim coach from last year who also just happened to punch one of his assistants in the face, while Davis is still running the show and they really haven't changed anything.

Raiders will still be a 4 to 6 win team.

Dolphins brought in Tuna to run everything and Sparano to take over the coaching, and made some roster changes as well.

Raiders are still using their interim coach from last year who also just happened to punch one of his assistants in the face, while Davis is still running the show and they really haven't changed anything.

Raiders will still be a 4 to 6 win team.

Yeah, Tuna is one of the best in terms of personnel management and acquiring talent. I didn't think the turn-around would be as drastic, but I knew they would be a lot better. The Raiders are still...the Al Davis Raiders.

Since 2005

Patriots

Randy Moss

Derrick Burgess

1st Round Pick

Raiders

Richard Seymore

3rd, 4th, 5th Round Picks

Al Davis is official a retard.

Yeah it really makes no sense to trade Burgess for a couple mid round picks and then turn around and trade your 1st for a 9 year vet who plays the same position. Unbelievable how bad Al Davis has gotten.

Archived