Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Patriots Trade Richard Seymour

f_trizzy

that's just cold blooded of the pats, trading seymour to the raiders. The Pats are heartless. But, they just stole a first round pick from a team that will probably end up with a top ten pick, great job patriots.

The raiders make vinny look like a genius

Wow... thats all I can say... :doh:

Look at the Raiders fans reactions: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/154638-richard-seymour-being-traded-raiders-omg-merge-2.html

I really cannot believe that 90% of them are loving the move and are thinking that Seymour is the missing piece on the defense..

Look at the Raiders fans reactions: http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/154638-richard-seymour-being-traded-raiders-omg-merge-2.html

I really cannot believe that 90% of them are loving the move and are thinking that Seymour is the missing piece on the defense..

Its sad they think they have a chance to be good.

LOL, just saw this on there.. guy is probably right:

It's sad, but I don't have confidence that that first round pick would go towards a player worth drafting. At least using it on Seymour we've addressed a need!

Followed up by:

And, sadly, that's an excellent point. With this, at least we know the Raiders are going to get at least some production - if only for a few years - at a position of need. Can't say that with a draft pick.

I applaud the Patriots for their ability to sever ties with great players, but this is a suspect move for them. Sure, they will end up with a high pick in two years, but where are they gonna get supplemental production from?

Losing a HOF caliber DE when you've set yourself up for a serious title run in '09 seems sketchy to me. There must have been some issues with Seymour and the Pats FO. I am guessing with one year left on his contract, he was getting ready to demand some heavy scratch, and New England was balking at the idea..:2cents:

Edit to say: Derrick Burgess is NOT an adequate replacement.

I honestly don't think it is that bad of a trade. I think clearly the Pats got the better end of the trade, but I don't think it is as bad as many on here are claiming. But that is just my opinion, I have a very high view of Seymour.

Edit - never mind. 1 year left on the contract makes this a bad trade. I thought he had 2-3 more years. Bad bad move.

Archived